8AA gets the shaft

riverrat

Nothing has changed.....TSSAA dose not want a west TN team to win a state championship Milan, Westview, Peabody, JCS, and Camden face a murders row. Huntingdon gets a walk but they are prob. the week link around here. But I have news for the TSSAA WE CAN TAKE IT! West TN high school football rules!!!!!!! You know I may even root for Milan at some point in the playoffs.......what has the world come to? ROLL TIDE! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took another look at the 2A playoff brackett. I too am wondering how TSSAA put this together. Many teams from the same regions are playing each other, so I took the liberty to make out my own bracket based on records and region placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) Anyways, this is what I come up with...

QUAD 1

1 Alcoa (9-1)

8 Happy Valley (4-6)

4 CAK (8-2)

5 Loudon (8-2)

3 Cumberland Gap (9-1)

6 Rockwood (6-4)

2 Gatlinburg Pittman (9-1)

7 Sweetwater (5-5)

QUAD 2

1 York (10-0)

8 Bledsoe Co. (4-6)

4 Tyner (6-4)

5 Westmoreland (6-4)

3 Smith Co. (9-1)

6 Marion Co. (5-5)

2 DCA (9-1)

7 Boyd Buchanon (4-6)

QUAD 3

1 Lewis Co. (10-0)

8 Fairview (4-6)

4 Camden (7-3)

5 Stewart Co. (7-3)

3 Hickman Co. (9-1)

6 CPA (6-4)

2 Goodpasture (9-1)

7 Richland (4-6)

QUAD 4

1 Milan (9-1)

8 Booker T. Washington (3-7)

4 Peabody (7-3)

5 JCS (7-3)

3 Huntingdon (7-3)

6 Carver (4-6)

2 Westview (9-1)

7 Westwood (3-7)

See I think this would be a better and more fair bracket than what we have now...

I just took another look at the 2A playoff brackett. I too am wondering how TSSAA put this together. Many teams from the same regions are playing each other, so I took the liberty to make out my own bracket based on records and region placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) Anyways, this is what I come up with...

QUAD 1

1 Alcoa (9-1)

8 Happy Valley (4-6)

4 CAK (8-2)

5 Loudon (8-2)

3 Cumberland Gap (9-1)

6 Rockwood (6-4)

2 Gatlinburg Pittman (9-1)

7 Sweetwater (5-5)

QUAD 2

1 York (10-0)

8 Bledsoe Co. (4-6)

4 Tyner (6-4)

5 Westmoreland (6-4)

3 Smith Co. (9-1)

6 Marion Co. (5-5)

2 DCA (9-1)

7 Boyd Buchanon (4-6)

QUAD 3

1 Lewis Co. (10-0)

8 Fairview (4-6)

4 Camden (7-3)

5 Stewart Co. (7-3)

3 Hickman Co. (9-1)

6 CPA (6-4)

2 Goodpasture (9-1)

7 Richland (4-6)

QUAD 4

1 Milan (9-1)

8 Booker T. Washington (3-7)

4 Peabody (7-3)

5 JCS (7-3)

3 Huntingdon (7-3)

6 Carver (4-6)

2 Westview (9-1)

7 Westwood (3-7)

See I think this would be a better and more fair bracket than what we have now...

All I know is that this 2-A thing has been fun. Exciting games every week. Great Region! But right about now I sure would like to be preparing for the JCS-Union City game instead of the JCS-Milan game. (No offence to Union City that is just who we would be playing if we were still 1-A) Seeding by records wouldn't have been much of an improvement for the Eagles after what Peabody did to us two weeks ago. JCS-Milan; JCS-Peabody... Pick your poison. 8-2A rules and it is an honor to be a part of it. Hopefully, one of us will get to the Boro... Whoever the last one standing is will get the Eagles full support. I'm proud of the JCS Eagles. With the exception of one game they have been more than competitive and had a successful first year in 2-A. I also know that they will give everything they got next week and that is all you can ask for...

I doubt DCA "cruises" to the semis.

Maybe until they play York or Smith Co.!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK, I moved out of the state a couple years ago and have been following my alma mater casually. But, what is this "Z Plan" in AA? I don't understand, the brackets look all jacked up.

AA has moved from 8 regions to 9 because of teams moving up and down in classifacation. Therefore only the top 3 teams from each region get automatic playoff berths. The other 5 spots are filled by "wildcard " teams similar to how the NFL works, but don't ask me to explain that!