2A Brackets Posted

Solomon

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateFo...s2A/Bracket.htm

I hope the Bighurt and RobJim didn't ruin the CPA game tape last night since they are going to need it for next week in the rematch.

By my count, there are five games where regionals teams play each other this week. That's pretty poor bracketing, IMO. But, I guess gate receipts will be up to help King Ronnie's pension fund this year.

DCA is either the winner/loser getting sent to the east half of the bracket. A winner because they are the only NAshville alphabet school beign sent that way and looks to have the easiest road to the quaters/semis. The loser because they got sent to the half of the bracket with Alcoa.

The most ridiculous match-ups involve the 4 region 8 teams playing each other in the first round while respective 4-6 and 3-7 Memphis teams (from same region) get to play in first round.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateFo...s2A/Bracket.htm

The most ridiculous match-ups involve the 4 region 8 teams playing each other in the first round while respective 4-6 and 3-7 Memphis teams (from same region) get to play in first round.

Yep, that one's a head scratcher for sure. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

DCA is either the winner/loser getting sent to the east half of the bracket. A winner because they are the only NAshville alphabet school beign sent that way and looks to have the easiest road to the quaters/semis. The loser because they got sent to the half of the bracket with Alcoa.

I don't understand how it's the easiest road. Obviously, you haven't seen some of these teams play.

A true playoff system does not require teams to play rematches as early as the first round. I know it was not intentional, but this bracketing is not right. When teams get to the playoffs, the travel distances can be expanded to get some new matchups that really pit teams from different areas against each other.

What good is a playoff system that has 2 teams in the same region playing in the first round? Just skip the first round if you are going to do that?

As the article in the Tennessean says, his words "Selection Show". Well I guess he showed us who and where he wanted them selected.

I counted like 7 same region 1st round games. 7 out of 16 games. That is sorry. I agree with poster above, travel is expected and should avoid same region games at least until round 2.

As the article in the Tennessean says, his words "Selection Show". Well I guess he showed us who and where he wanted them selected.

I counted like 7 same region 1st round games. 7 out of 16 games. That is sorry. I agree with poster above, travel is expected and should avoid same region games at least until round 2.

It is intended to cut down travel. It will certainly do that. I really don't mind the region rematches in the 1st round. We have had region rematches in the 2nd and 3rd round most years anyway. CPA is paying for their non-region losses. That's just where the chips fell this year. That is the chance you take with scheduling very tough non-region games. If we are fortunate enough to beat Boyd...we will have to go back to York in the 2nd round. We have a 2nd place team...Boyd...in the 1st round. For us...everything is moved up on game.

It is intended to cut down travel. It will certainly do that. I really don't mind the region rematches in the 1st round. We have had region rematches in the 2nd and 3rd round most years anyway. CPA is paying for their non-region losses. That's just where the chips fell this year. That is the chance you take with scheduling very tough non-region games. If we are fortunate enough to beat Boyd...we will have to go back to York in the 2nd round. We have a 2nd place team...Boyd...in the 1st round. For us...everything is moved up on game.

Was TSSAA playoff terms set before or after games were scheduled for this two year period?? I wonder how many schools like CPA would like to redo their schedules now. Anyway, Good Luck to you. SC has a good shot to meet DCA in 3rd round.

I really don't like the new set up , look at region 9 teams that made playoffs .Ist has a 4 and 6 record and the 3 and 7's . Alot of better teams are sitting at home instead of playing . But as far as 1st round games go , looks like everything moved up a week from years past . But this i just my opinion .

Those teams would have gotten in anyway. There would have been another team from that region to get in under the old system.

I really don't like the new set up , look at region 9 teams that made playoffs .Ist has a 4 and 6 record and the 3 and 7's . Alot of better teams are sitting at home instead of playing . But as far as 1st round games go , looks like everything moved up a week from years past . But this i just my opinion .

Assures a team with a losing record in the 2nd round. Some reward.