Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

You're out of your mind!! Indy fans are not missing a thing. That is the worse place ever to play a play off game at. The fans are very rude. The first they do is invade the visitor side. Its the only fans I know that do that and don't even say its because of spill over because it starts way before their own stands fill up its calculated. The only good thing about it is it backfired when we were there. It made it extra sweet to beat them in their own house. I know their rich in tradition and all that but their fans have not one more ounce of love than any other teams out there. I am glad they don't have a home game its really really rude what they do.

You, my friend, are out of YOUR mind.

Watching a playoff game at Gallatin was one of the best HS football experiences I've ever had. From the feel of the town, to the stadium and its being right on top of the field, to the extremely respectful and complimentary fans, I think it'd be hard to top GHS. Although I've never been to The Pit at Lincoln County, I think that Gallatin could give it a run for its money.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're out of your mind!! Indy fans are not missing a thing. That is the worse place ever to play a play off game at. The fans are very rude. The first they do is invade the visitor side. Its the only fans I know that do that and don't even say its because of spill over because it starts way before their own stands fill up its calculated. The only good thing about it is it backfired when we were there. It made it extra sweet to beat them in their own house. I know their rich in tradition and all that but their fans have not one more ounce of love than any other teams out there. I am glad they don't have a home game its really really rude what they do.

I've found that people generally respond to you in the same way you treat them. Our experience at Gallatin (both years we played there) was positive. Sure their fans were intense...that's why they are called "fans". They were also very knowledgeable about the game and appreciated the quality of our play as much as they cheered for their own team.

Sorry Trublue, you sound like a prima donna. Remember it is "their" stadium and they can sit wherever they want.

This is not done to be rude or disrespectful. The entire center section, which is about half of the home side stands, is reserved seating and if you're facing the home side, the section of stands to the right is the student section and the band on the end. So there's 3/4 of the home side stands taken up...leaving about 1/4 for general admission.

Gallatin's fans have sat on the visitor's side ever since I can remember, 20 to 30yrs. or longer. In the 80's and 90's

Gallatin's fans would fill the home side, visitor's side, endzones, and wherever else we could get to see the game even with the large visitor side stands (which were built to seat the overflow of home fans as well as the visitors).

So dont call us rude for supporting our team!!!!!

GO WAVE

I've found that people generally respond to you in the same way you treat them. Our experience at Gallatin (both years we played there) was positive. Sure their fans were intense...that's why they are called "fans". They were also very knowledgeable about the game and appreciated the quality of our play as much as they cheered for their own team.

Sorry Trublue, you sound like a prima donna. Remember it is "their" stadium and they can sit wherever they want.

Guess we have had a different experience. Its not like sour grapes because we came away with the win. But in all my years of high school football Gallatin was the rudest fans. Trust me Indy your lucky to be playing in your own house!!

amen to that man! they are rude and do invade your space and make no bones about it either! Good Luck to Independence!

Its the playoffs you should be afraid, be very afraid. everyones game is bumped up at least a notch and you can bank on upsets this friday night. Could it be the Eagles?? very possible. I pick Gallatin they are very playoff savy.

Everyone please pick against Indy. All year it has been like this. There were actually so-called experts saying Columbia would win. Throw out the records and strap it up. Please come on here after the game and pick against IHS again.

I am going to take offense to your comments. There is no calculation involved in why I sit on the east side of the stadium. It is most certainly not done to be disrpectful to any team that comes to Gallatin. No hidden agenda to get under your skin. I sit there because that is where I've been sitting since I graduated in 88'. It's not really good to be the guy who sits in the student section after graduation. The reserve seats have been sold for years before I was even in High School. The GA seats are pretty much reserved because the same people sit there as well. As far your experience being a not so pleasant one I can understand that because there are some unruly fans who sit there as well but by no means are all of the Gallatin fans rude to visitors. And trust me I've sat next to the best of them over the years, Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Oakland, Smyrna, JCM, DC and Ravenwood to name a few. As for me I recieved some good natured ribbing over the years and took it so I wouldn't be disrpectful to anyone. The next time you come to Gallatin look me up I may even buy you a hot dog or chilli cheese nachos.

As for the Game I am looking forward to seeing the stadium from the inside. I've worked on the campus of Independence a couple of times but have never seen the stadium from the inside. I didn't know that the first time Indy would make the playoffs that they would play Gallatin. I think Ravenwoods first playoff game was against Gallatin as well, I could be wrong. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing what this school has become after a few years of being open. I can only hope that Gallatin can give region 6's champs a good game the last couple of years they have taken it from the "lower" seeded teams.

By the way Rapbwood PM me if you plan on going to this game.

[/quote/] Brentwood wasn't even a school when I first started going to the games and they sat over there then. A lot of those people have grown up sitting over there and continue to do so out of tradition. No the stands are not filled every game like they used to be but seating is limited if you are general admission and don't want to sit in the student section. One of my first ever football games I sat over there and it is a totally different perspective. The south end of the stadium with the trees just seems odd but the view of the north end is really nice with the ridge in the distance. As for me I sit on the home side. I buy my season tickets every year (and they were hard to get) because for me it is tradition. But I love seeing those green and gold colored fans over on the other side. Especially when the fans fill up the entire south end of the visitors side. And yeah, it is a tough place to play. Sorry, deal with it. Like you said ya'll won the last time we played up there so whats all the fuss. We are not the only ones who do it either. When I went to Oak Ridge I sat on the visitors side by a Ridger who was drinking liquor out of a milk carton. He was as loud and as rude as they come. So it does happen at other places. Most over there are very respectful if you are as well. In fact I find that most fans are if you let them. Fact is you will be hard pressed to find a better view of the game. Most stadiums are designed with a track but we are very fortunate to not have one. Plus you are sitting in a stadium that has been there since 1917. More history than either you or myself put together could ever remember. Everybody hears of "the pit" at Lincoln Co, Tomahawk Stadium at Riverdale, the Creekbank of Trousdale Co., OrangeMound of Memphis Melrose fame, and most people would also include Green Wave Stadium. It is one of the top places to see a high school football game in the state. I hope it is still there 90 years from now. The Wave Yard rocks my friend!! And it should be sweet when you win there because it doesn't happen that often.

Sorry, back to the game.

Wave88 do you suggest going I840 and if so how far is it from the final junction?

Wave88 do you suggest going I840 and if so how far is it from the final junction?

From Gallatin it will be the quickest way with the least amount of heavy traffic. Take it till it ends which will be at Columbia hwy. As you get off the exit the school will be across the hwy. Just turn rt and go about 200 yards the sign will be on the left. it's a long drive back to the school but like about 1/2 mile. As I remember parking shouldn't be too much of a problem. It takes about an hour to get there and remember the game starts at 7. May want to leave around 5 or 5:15 to get a good seat. Bleachers are similar to Blackmans.