Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

Why wouldn't anybody with any sense pick Centennial over Indy. At that point in the season you had already been out scored 14-56 (by very good teams I may add) but you sure didn't have that stellar of a season last year. After changing coaches, and QB's. You tell me back in week three who would have given you any chance to win many games or especially region? But you did and no doubt you're team is to be congratulated. I have seen Indy play more than once and I think they are pretty good but not great and VERY beatable. I wouldn't be buying a trophy case yet. That gold ball is very elusive.

Nobody is saying anything about a gold ball. We are simply addressing that fact that you have been on the Indy threads all year spewing crap, and talking down to Indy fans.

Quick question, are you related to Merrill Hodge?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't anybody with any sense pick Centennial over Indy. At that point in the season you had already been out scored 14-56 (by very good teams I may add) but you sure didn't have that stellar of a season last year. After changing coaches, and QB's. You tell me back in week three who would have given you any chance to win many games or especially region? But you did and no doubt you're team is to be congratulated. I have seen Indy play more than once and I think they are pretty good but not great and VERY beatable. I wouldn't be buying a trophy case yet. That gold ball is very elusive.

Every team is beatable and there are 32 left in 5A. It is a long shot for all 32 not just Indy, but someone has to win it. We are not a favorite, but we haven't all year and that's ok. You mentioned the changing of coaches and QBs and this team has come together at the right time of the year. They are playing their best ball in the last 5 games and that makes them dangerous. Every team thinks they can win it and if not then they might as well forfeit. Oh and I have sense and I pick Indy over Centennial as did others.

ok?.....well back to the game..its a coin toss... Independence is on a roll the last 5 games and they senior class is strong....on the other hand Gallatin has played strong their last 2 games putting points on the board and holding Hendersonville and Mcgavock to only 13 between the 2 games....all i can say is if Gallatin comes out and plays the same for a 3rd game the coin will land Gallatins way in a close one......the best time of the year is here...playoffs...anything can happen

I don't know much about Independance but i do know that Gallatin has been playing inspired football as of late.

This is almost a coin flip depending on how Gallatin plays. Im sure both sides of the stands will be full.

Indy has also been playing inspired ball beating Memphis East, Northeast, Dickson County, Ravenwood, Brentwood and Columbia in the last 6 weeks to win the region. There will be a big crowd and it will be fun. The games against BA and MBA, even though we lost, have paid dividends as of late. Not sure about the coin flip comment, but that's your opinion. Indy by 10 is my opinion.

Maybe I'm reading these posts wrong but shouldn't Indy be the favorite in this game. I fail to see how anyone can expect anything less than Indy winning. Gallatin fans have hope for their team. I guess we look at Livingston Academy a few years ago and can only ask why not us. But truth be told it will take a David vs. Goliath miracle from the Green Wave to get out of Thompson Station with a W. Ravenwood did it to Gallatin last year and since the TSSAA has gone to 5 classes at least 1 #1 seed team has gone down every year in the 1st round in 5A.

Gallatin has been a completely different team the last two weeks of the regular season. They truly having been playing inspired ball and have been putting it all together and playing together as one unit. Gallatin has been playing in playoff games the last two weeks because they were put in must win situations and they flourished under those conditions. The Green Wave are averaging 24 points a game that last two weeks and only giving up 6.5 points a game during that span. I think they will continue their winning streak this Friday night at Independence.

Gallatin 17 - Independence 14

Gallatin has been a completely different team the last two weeks of the regular season. They truly having been playing inspired ball and have been putting it all together and playing together as one unit. Gallatin has been playing in playoff games the last two weeks because they were put in must win situations and they flourished under those conditions. The Green Wave are averaging 24 points a game that last two weeks and only giving up 6.5 points a game during that span. I think they will continue their winning streak this Friday night at Independence.

Gallatin 17 - Independence 14

I'll take it if we can get it.

If Gallatin can get a run game going, they could make it difficult for Indy. What the Green Wave have to do is pay respect to the passing game. Lately, teams have been stacking the box to attempt and stop Pettigrew. This leaves the Eagles open for trick plays, in particular reverse passes. Also, the QB Heckman can run the ball and has succeeded in doing so. Dual threat quarterbacks have been trouble for the Eagles all year but if they find a way to stop Matthews and Butler, the Eagles will win convincingly.

You know this should be a great game. I think Indy has more fire power if they use there weapons, but I think it will be a very close game and will come down to the fourth quarter and who wants it more. I do not think Indy has played great ball the last few eeks. Columbia is a bad football team and they just found ways to win the Brentwood and Ravenwood games. Brentwood totally out played them beside the scoreboard which is were it counts. I will say Indy has learned how to win ugly and that is important this time of year.

Wave88 thanks for the directions. I noticed tonight with the time change that I oughta be able to see the lights since it is that close to the intersection.

Lots of chatter on this thread, I like it!!

Can any Independence fan answer the question of what formations ya'll are running on offense and defense? I got to see the game last year between Ravenwood and Indy and if I remember correctly you were running shotgun primarily with a little one back. But I don't remember the defensive sets. I know that Pettigrew was a hoss and I see that Murphy Fair has him listed at 6-2 210lbs. That is a load!! The Qb, is he a sophmore? I know that earlier in the year ya'll had the starter last year leave the team so I was just curious. It also appears that since the Franklin game your defense has vastly improved. So I guess that the defense had a closed door session if you know what I mean. Looking forward to this game...I never thought we would be here!!