Gallatin @ Independence

wave13

"No I'm pretty sure Brentwood Academy (10 state championships), Montgomery Bell Academy (8 state championships), Battle Ground Academy (6 state championships), Riverdale (4 state championships and almost all coming in the last decade), and probably more have greater football tradition in middle Tennessee than the Gallatin Green Wave who have 3 state championships. This is not taking anything away from them but these other schools have better and more prestigious football tradition in middle tennessee."

Your's is a very limited concept of "tradition". I've never been a Gallatin fan, but I remember the tremendous respect MBA's Tommy Owen had for the Green Wave program and the way the entire community supports them. Taking nothing away from the best out of seven to ten team state championships that the schools that give financial aid have been forced into or the single and double A championships, but Gallatin needs no asterisks next to their championships.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No I'm pretty sure Brentwood Academy (10 state championships), Montgomery Bell Academy (8 state championships), Battle Ground Academy (6 state championships), Riverdale (4 state championships and almost all coming in the last decade), and probably more have greater football tradition in middle Tennessee than the Gallatin Green Wave who have 3 state championships. This is not taking anything away from them but these other schools have better and more prestigious football tradition in middle tennessee."

Your's is a very limited concept of "tradition". I've never been a Gallatin fan, but I remember the tremendous respect MBA's Tommy Owen had for the Green Wave program and the way the entire community supports them. Taking nothing away from the best out of seven to ten team state championships that the schools that give financial aid have been forced into or the single and double A championships, but Gallatin needs no asterisks next to their championships.

How many state championships has Gallatin played in?

After watching IHS the past 3 games, there is now way they will lose. The coaches will do a great job preparing them and the team will continue to do what works for them, giving it to Pettigrew

Since this is your first visit to the playoffs you will be execused from your ignorance. A whole new season starts on Friday the past 10 games are over. Its 50/50 and thats about as good as chance as you got so take it and hope for the best. There WILL be upsets friday and your team has a good as a chance at being upset as any team out there.

Good luck to your seniors because they will need a boat load of it as all the teams out there will.

Indy should win this game. I think that Gallatin is a pretty young team and I hear rumors that the Coach is just about to caoch his last game for Gallatin. Gallatin does have the coaching experience in the playoffs but I think Indys players are so much better than Gallatins. Good luck to both teams and I hope it is a great game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I will have my popcorn ready!

What ype of formation does Indy use on O as the primary set. How about D. 4-3, 3-4. I know Pettigrew is he man for Indy what is size of Indy's line. I can only hope that Gallatin will take a page out of Rectors postseason hrow caution to the wind attitude. It is after all the PLAYOFF TIME.

Since this is your first visit to the playoffs you will be execused from your ignorance. A whole new season starts on Friday the past 10 games are over. Its 50/50 and thats about as good as chance as you got so take it and hope for the best. There WILL be upsets friday and your team has a good as a chance at being upset as any team out there.

Good luck to your seniors because they will need a boat load of it as all the teams out there will.

U,

You never have a good thing to say about Indy. Not sure who your favorite team is (FHS or BHS maybe). The Indy fans have a right to be happy for their team and who are you to excuse anyone for their ignorance as you call it? This is a new season and the Eagles will be ready for it. I predict they beat Gallatin in a good hard fought game. And I can assure you one thing I am not ignorant. I am the proud parent of a playing senior that has endured a lot since this school opened. Don't come in a thread about this team and say any of our fans are ignorant. You can pick to win who you want, in reality, to this team and their fans, it doens't matter what you think about us. We have better people than you that don't respect us so take a number.

I actually agree with you to a certain point. However having talked with many "football intelligent" people( high school coaches, college coaches, college football players, and football fans) outside of the state of Tennessee about high school football in middle Tennessee the only schools that 90% of them have heard of are Brentwood Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy, and Riverdale. I agree though state championships are not everything but they are a big factor in considering who has the most football "tradition" in middle Tennessee. And community support does not give a school "tradition" atleast in a positive manner. What if I went to a small, first year school my freshman year and upon graduating after 4 years my football team had gone 0-40, however the entire community shut down every Friday night to go and watch us play (loose). Well I guess you could argue that's tradition............hmmm......

More importantly... Independence will win this game despite having no playoff experience. They are flat out the better team. And another thing most of this Gallatin team has not even played in a playoff game on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. As evidence the size of the graduating class last year. Look for it to be a 10 point win in favor of the Eagles.

uoft, You have picked against Independence all year. Every week, according to you, there was supposed to be an Indy loss. If anyone has displayed ignorance on these forums, it has been you all year with your continual bad-mouthing of the Eagles. If you're going to continue to speak poorly towards Independence fans, and the team as a whole, then I would suggest that you stay off of the Indy threads.

And I couldn't help but notice that you said, "Its 50/50 and that about as good as chance as you got so take it and hope for the best." Wow... that made no sense at all. You stated, indefinitely, that it was a 50/50 game (which is obvious, you win or lose), and then you said thats about as good a chance as you get. Really? I didn't realize that you can have better than a 50/50 chance in high school football. Can you have other situations? Half a loss? Half a win? Please, elaborate.

We all realize there will be upsets, just like last year. Every team in the region except for Ravenwood was beat. It's the playoffs, anything can happen.

I believe you are the one who is ignorant. Picking against indy almost every week? I don't put too much weight into a person's comments who picked CHS to beat Indy. And as you see, my fellow Eagles don't agree with you either. Quick question, how many times have you seen Independence play this year because you speak as if you have never seen them play before?

I believe you are the one who is ignorant. Picking against indy almost every week? I don't put too much weight into a person's comments who picked CHS to beat Indy. And as you see, my fellow Eagles don't agree with you either. Quick question, how many times have you seen Independence play this year because you speak as if you have never seen them play before?

Why wouldn't anybody with any sense pick Centennial over Indy. At that point in the season you had already been out scored 14-56 (by very good teams I may add) but you sure didn't have that stellar of a season last year. After changing coaches, and QB's. You tell me back in week three who would have given you any chance to win many games or especially region? But you did and no doubt you're team is to be congratulated. I have seen Indy play more than once and I think they are pretty good but not great and VERY beatable. I wouldn't be buying a trophy case yet. That gold ball is very elusive.