PEABODY @ WESTVIEW

freeacen

MOST of the fans were excited, and i'm not sure why. I was hoping Westveiw would win. Trenton played us closer than Westveiw did and with Westview, you know what you're getting. Apparently Trenton has tweeked some stuff latley. When is the last time (before tonight) Trenton won a playoff game? Congratulations. (assuming that milan beats huntington this week) Milan will have their hands full the day after Thanksgiving. Since Trenton is playing some weak Memphis team with a loosing record they will be able to focus somewhat one the third round whereas we can only take it one game at a time. Again, congrats.

Last years Trenton V. Milan was a classic...Final was what 14-13??? And Trenton was leading the majority of the game...I hope that it comes down to this game again and a chance for Milan or Trenton to take on Goodpasture or HOPEFULLY Camden!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peabody will be SEVERLY out coached tonight. Trenton has a very good team, but neither the players, nor the coaches know how to handle a game of this magnitude. I'm going with westveiw by a touchdown or two.

Out coached?........absolutly! Peabody did against WV, what they haven't been able to do against Milan, the last three times they have played. Win in spite of Kent Scott. I think the player may know how to handle the big game now! Standing on The Tides sideline, I feared for choach Scotts safety after he dicided to go for 2, instead of kicking the extra piont to go up by three with 1:40 left. And then it got real crazy when Peabody squib kicked the ball and Martin started its last drive from mid field only needing a feild goal to win!

This was as good a game as I expected! Two great west tn teams, huge fan bases, and a play off thriller .

Thanks for an awsome game WV and Peabody!

Out coached?........absolutly! Peabody did against WV, what they haven't been able to do against Milan, the last three times they have played. Win in spite of Kent Scott. I think the player may know how to handle the big game now! Standing on The Tides sideline, I feared for choach Scotts safety after he dicided to go for 2, instead of kicking the extra piont to go up by three with 1:40 left. And then it got real crazy when Peabody squib kicked the ball and Martin started its last drive from mid field only needing a feild goal to win!

This was as good a game as I expected! Two great west tn teams, huge fan bases, and a play off thriller .

Why do you want to critize? If the 2-point conversion had been successful, sounds like you might have critized that also. We won!! I am proud to be a Peabody fan and I am very proud of the players and coaches.

Your argument as to kick or go for 2 is based on the assumption that the kick would be automatic and Peabody would go up by 3. The kicker had already missed his only 2 tries of the night. Repeating the same action over and over and hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity.

I would submit to you that had he chosen to kick and missed another one that the sideline geniuses would cry about that, also. Something like, " Why did he do that, the kid missed the other kicks? He should have just gone for 2."

Everyone knows exactly what should have been done right after what was done doesn't work.

Peabody will be SEVERLY out coached tonight. Trenton has a very good team, but neither the players, nor the coaches know how to handle a game of this magnitude. I'm going with westveiw by a touchdown or two.

Coaching?

1. 4th down conversions.

2. Harper returning Kick-offs (1 for TD).

3. Flood passes to #8.

4. Their 5-3 Defensive ends were backed up into 3-5 LB's allowing them to make more plays. #31 and #34 were really good by the way.

5. O-line much better than last time. Against Westview earlier in the year the center had several bad (horrible) snaps that cost them and they couldn't block Burlison or anyone else on the front. Much better this time.

6. No turnovers. Last time they threw 2 picks that were returned for TD's. They were much more careful this time; flood routes with 8 instead of flat routes with wide-outs.

7. They finished. Kids seem to play hard and loose.

Etc., etc., etc......

Seems to me that some work is getting done on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Not Milan but when this program has players they maximize, IMO.

Coaching?

1. 4th down conversions.

2. Harper returning Kick-offs (1 for TD).

3. Flood passes to #8.

4. Their 5-3 Defensive ends were backed up into 3-5 LB's allowing them to make more plays. #31 and #34 were really good by the way.

5. O-line much better than last time. Against Westview earlier in the year the center had several bad (horrible) snaps that cost them and they couldn't block Burlison or anyone else on the front. Much better this time.

6. No turnovers. Last time they threw 2 picks that were returned for TD's. They were much more careful this time; flood routes with 8 instead of flat routes with wide-outs.

7. They finished. Kids seem to play hard and loose.

Etc., etc., etc......

Seems to me that some work is getting done on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Not Milan but when this program has players they maximize, IMO.

Well said!

Outstanding game on both sides. Both teams gave it their all and laid it on the line. It was a wonderful game to watch and I thank you for that. The true losers are the fans by the TSSAA by making these two good teams play in the first round as well as some others in the 2A playoffs. The Westview kids have a lot of class and are very well coached as are the Peabody Kids. Good luck to the Westview seniors and to the Golden Tide through out the remainder of the playoffs.

Your argument as to kick or go for 2 is based on the assumption that the kick would be automatic and Peabody would go up by 3. The kicker had already missed his only 2 tries of the night. Repeating the same action over and over and hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity.

I would submit to you that had he chosen to kick and missed another one that the sideline geniuses would cry about that, also. Something like, " Why did he do that, the kid missed the other kicks? He should have just gone for 2."

Everyone knows exactly what should have been done right after what was done doesn't work.

Your argument is mute...... by your way of thinking going for 2 was insanity! Peabody had also attempted two 2 point conversions that didn't work, thats why the fans went nuts. Its simple odds and sound football, any other coach would have kicked the extra point and let the defense win the game for you. Martin would have needed a TD to win, not a field goal. We all rember too well what happened at Milan in round two last year.

At any point it's over,the best team won, and we move on!