Lebanon at Lincoln County

onestupidme

I know coach Thompson knows more football than I could ever imagine but I dont see a lot of imagination in his offense. A lot of teams and coaches change things as personell change but he just seems to run what he runs year in and year out. IS that a fair statement or am I off base?

You are dead on the bullseye. Old and stale.

Defense is awesome this year though!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not a team in the state that can even stay on the field with lebanon.IF ! !! IF coached up to its potential,Can It be done this weekend ? Sure It could,only if coach BOBBY BROWN brings that winning attitude that he had in Watertown high school by letting it all hang out and leaveing it all out there on the field .ITs way over do for lebanon to bring home that STATE RING .Everyone in the state knows that Lebanon is gonna run the ball 98% of the time and running the ball is fine.But we have at lest 9 play makers on the team ,but they harley every get that opportunity to show it ! Sallies played a great game last week especially in the shot gun formation,But he cant throw the ball ,because of his bad shoulder.BUT this Kid has the HEART of A LION,how about some short passes and reverses to your play makers.Lil maynard can run and throw it,and catch it,and kick it,But I sometime have to question how much heart does this team actually have,is this team full of coaches and players and parents full of INDIVIDALES .I love the Big Blue and I have faithfully followed this team for at lest 20 yrs and I can count on my hands how many games that i have missed.My son is still in jr.high ,therefore is not about my kid.Its AWAYS ABOUT THE BIG BLUE.So can lebanon beat Coach Thompson and L.C.? Sure they can,only if all the Coaches,Parents and Team Search there hearts and make sure that they really wont that STATE RING.Lets get it together BIG BLUE especially for those who are less able to play this game.There is no I ,In TEAM .So build a bridge and get over IT! GO BIG BLUE ,Lebanon by 21

wow....are you kidding???? I have never known that Watertown success is a pre-cursor to success at the 5A level. They haven't won their own region in what, 100 years. What in the world can be learned in watertown to give birth to a state title? And Sallis, with a heart of a Lion? Up until this year he couldn't even take full hold of the starting job. And, now that he has he can't stay healthy. Lebanon will not get past Smyrna, and if they do, WC or Riverdale will absolutely eat their lunch in round 3. They are a 4th place seed and that is where they belong, and if they survive the pit, congrats, but that will be it. There is no "we" or "us" in team either, but there is a "me".....just saying.....

wow....are you kidding???? I have never known that Watertown success is a pre-cursor to success at the 5A level. They haven't won their own region in what, 100 years. What in the world can be learned in watertown to give birth to a state title? And Sallis, with a heart of a Lion? Up until this year he couldn't even take full hold of the starting job. And, now that he has he can't stay healthy. Lebanon will not get past Smyrna, and if they do, WC or Riverdale will absolutely eat their lunch in round 3. They are a 4th place seed and that is where they belong, and if they survive the pit, congrats, but that will be it. There is no "we" or "us" in team either, but there is a "me".....just saying.....

But being the Defensive Coordinator on the Trousdale County Football State Champions couldn't hurt.....

As for Sallis holding the starting job..... look at what happened when he didn't start, then what he did during the middle of the game when he returned to his role.

Realistically, Lebanon should not win this game as a 4th seed at a very special place, but this team is capable of beating teams they shouldn't.

But being the Defensive Coordinator on the Trousdale County Football State Champions couldn't hurt.....

As for Sallis holding the starting job..... look at what happened when he didn't start, then what he did during the middle of the game when he returned to his role.

Realistically, Lebanon should not win this game as a 4th seed at a very special place, but this team is capable of beating teams they shouldn't.

yes that is true about Brown, however, the coaches that leave TC are not very successful when they leave. Their program is a product of those kids playing football together their entire lives and running the same offense and defense from pop warner through high school. Still not knockong Brown, just doubting his ability to take Lebanon to the State Championship. However, stranger things have happened.

I also remember several times over the last 2 seasons when Sallis' backup came in and got Lebanon back into a game and outplayed him. But, because of parent and booster politics, Sallis kept his job. That is a fact and anyone that denies it is kidding themselves.

Hey, I did not try to compare watertown succes to 4-5a Football.Bobby Brown gave his all when he played football at Watertown High School,Now was the team that great ? No ! He was just one player who was MR.Everything to that team,Im not a Big Fan of Bobby Brown but I must say that when he was in high school this guy left it all on the field with no regrets on what he could a or should a done on the next day.Every since the blue devils destroyed the the GRAY- Wilks SHOW which was the Absolute BEST that I every seen not just Bobby but any COACH lay it all out for the TEAM and had the mind set to refuse to lose it was great ! But since then he has completly gave Hear to the PARENTS and not his heart.Every Game we must play to WIN and not play to tickle the Parents and BOO-STERS fancy.

The players are not happy at all with simply 42 dive/36 sweep/qb keeper every since we beat smynar ,we have'nt had a complete game.Now all of the teams that we have been playing have stacked up their line with 9 in the box and have been very succesful in stoppin the RUN .Hey WAKE UP BOBBY ! YOU have some STATE Track STARS on YOUR TEAM.Speed KILLS just ask Riverdale,Lets get the ball to our play makers with no regrets on the next day you gotta have faith in your coaching ability and your team! I BELEIVE in THE BIG BLUE DEVILS! Lets STOP being so predictable.We have lost to some teams that dont have no buisness even being on the field with us! BOBBY LETS WIN THE STATE THIS YEAR ! ITS OUR TIME ! THIS IS OUR SEASON! GOOD LUCK BLUE DEVILS .

Hey, I did not try to compare watertown succes to 4-5a Football.Bobby Brown gave his all when he played football at Watertown High School,Now was the team that great ? No ! He was just one player who was MR.Everything to that team,Im not a Big Fan of Bobby Brown but I must say that when he was in high school this guy left it all on the field with no regrets on what he could a or should a done on the next day.Every since the blue devils destroyed the the GRAY- Wilks SHOW which was the Absolute BEST that I every seen not just Bobby but any COACH lay it all out for the TEAM and had the mind set to refuse to lose it was great ! But since then he has completly gave Hear to the PARENTS and not his heart.Every Game we must play to WIN and not play to tickle the Parents and BOO-STERS fancy.

The players are not happy at all with simply 42 dive/36 sweep/qb keeper every since we beat smynar ,we have'nt had a complete game.Now all of the teams that we have been playing have stacked up their line with 9 in the box and have been very succesful in stoppin the RUN .Hey WAKE UP BOBBY ! YOU have some STATE Track STARS on YOUR TEAM.Speed KILLS just ask Riverdale,Lets get the ball to our play makers with no regrets on the next day you gotta have faith in your coaching ability and your team! I BELEIVE in THE BIG BLUE DEVILS! Lets STOP being so predictable.We have lost to some teams that dont have no buisness even being on the field with us! BOBBY LETS WIN THE STATE THIS YEAR ! ITS OUR TIME ! THIS IS OUR SEASON! GOOD LUCK BLUE DEVILS .

dude chill! did you even play in high school? or was you one of those students that went to every lebanon game and complained about every thing that the coach did. it's easy to talk from the stands lets get on the board and draw up some schemes and see how smart you are.and then we can talk! not trying to be smart but just telling you how it is

yes that is true about Brown, however, the coaches that leave TC are not very successful when they leave. Their program is a product of those kids playing football together their entire lives and running the same offense and defense from pop warner through high school. Still not knockong Brown, just doubting his ability to take Lebanon to the State Championship. However, stranger things have happened.

I also remember several times over the last 2 seasons when Sallis' backup came in and got Lebanon back into a game and outplayed him. But, because of parent and booster politics, Sallis kept his job. That is a fact and anyone that denies it is kidding themselves.

I agree with you totally--NOT /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Coach Brown was successful at TC as a d-coor--they won state--HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A RING--doubt it--Coach Brown coaches with all his heart and tries to help those kids as much as allowed--Parents are usually the problem and not the coaches at Devil land--If he ever left the program would suffer and that may be in the near future for a better job--Hate to lose him

We do have good talent but we are not world beaters--we do not have many d1 players--but we do work hard and good things come from that--so fork'em /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

sallis isn't the best athletic QB we have but he is a LEADER--they lose without him--not to say Maynard is bad but he does lack leadership skills now--that will change by next year

TC coaches are terrible--Yet the old parents tried to get satterfield several years ago--they hire Coach Brown and he exceeded expectations that first year and had us in the playoffs in the second--He must stink like satterfield--Coach Creasey leaves TC for d-coor. at Riverhell--NOW THEY REALLY stink even though they're number 1

After all this I have learned one thing--YOU ARE A IDIOT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You are dead on the bullseye. Old and stale.

Defense is awesome this year though!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Whoa. hold on man. That same old stale offense whipped lebanon up and down the field for 3 and 3/4 quarters last year. That same old stale offense scored enough points to win the region this year. That must mean that it works. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

dude chill! did you even play in high school? or was you one of those students that went to every lebanon game and complained about every thing that the coach did. it's easy to talk from the stands lets get on the board and draw up some schemes and see how smart you are.and then we can talk! not trying to be smart but just telling you how it is

Dude ,I speak from the point of view of being a former player and a current Football coach.Im a lover of the game so lets get together and lets draw up some schems and see whats-what ! I have that right to voice my opinion just as you do.All Im saying is that you dont win state championships with playing polatics ,you Win by putting the ball in the hands of your best play makers.if you lose then thats it ! For the seniors or for those players that need this game to work their gift so that they may feel accepted by this society that we live in,for those players that are playing for a scholorship for a chance at a better life .This may be the only time for a kid with not so high grades but with exceptional talent to come out of their pit and into their palace.Listen , Im just someone that is just tired of seeing kids have their dreams step on.Just put the best 11 on the field no matter what grade,no matter who their parent are,And no matter what ethic background that they come from.And Im not being smart at all,Im only being real.It IS what It IS ! Now Thats some REAL TALK ! And hey DUDE you are welcome to come on out of the stands and on to my field.HA HA ,Jus kidd-n. Take it easy dude

Whoa. hold on man. That same old stale offense whipped lebanon up and down the field for 3 and 3/4 quarters last year. That same old stale offense scored enough points to win the region this year. That must mean that it works. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Lebanon was last year, and they were a 4 seed lc was a 1 and still lc barely hung on.

Doesn't take a lot of offense to win that region.

Times change and good coaches all have schemes they are comfortable with but most adapt as the talent around them changes.