John Oerton at Franklin

shsfootball80

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton shocks the Rebels and wins this game. Franklin is going to find out the hard way about Daniel White, he is one of the best running backs around. He breaks so many tacles and once you key on him, they pitch it out to that other back, Jackson. The biggest question mark to me though is can Overton's D step up?

Overton- 31 Franklin- 24

Franklin's defense has been dominant all year long and our offense is coming along. Our coach at Franklin has finally realized that if we hand the ball off to our two running backs we will win. Anthony Steele had I think 185 yards against Dickson and we had over 250 total. Franklin will stop Overton's run attack for the most part and will get enough chances on kick returns and running attacks that they will win.

Franklin-24

Overton-17

The key to Franklin's sucess is on the offensive line. The talent in the backfield has always been there, but I suspect that the reason FHS was so pass happy early on in the season was because they had trouble running it between the tackles. As the season progressed, FHS has shown that they can take care of business up front. As long as they run the ball 35 times and pass it 15 they should be just fine.

If Overton has to rely on a running game to beat Franklin, they will be frustrated at best. If there is a chink in the armor it may be that FHS tends to play a little soft in the secondary with a prevent, bend but don't brake pass defense, but once they man up they are as tough as they come.

I look for some long breaking runs (40+ yrds) by FHS backs Steele and Lee as well as a punt return by Dykes in a lopsided 35-7 win!

I agree with BigDogDaddy for the most part here, although I don't think Coach Clayton was "pass happy" earlier in the season. What I think he was doing was trying to develop a balanced offensive attack. Last year Franklin was one dimensional with the running game and had a good regular season, but weren't able to advance past the first round of the playoffs. I'm sure that's why they made the change at quarterback this year. Unfortunately they haven't been able to develop that balanced attack, and I think it will eventually catch up with them, but not this week.

Franklin wins this one by (at least) 2 TD's. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Overton will be playing in a hostile environment but thats what highschool football is all about. I know Franklin will not kick it off to either Daniel White or Cj Jackson for they will take it back. I don't think it will be lopside contest. Don't let the record fool you. If we bring it like we're capable of then I know it will not be lopsided. Franklin have not seen this much speed since week 0 against Hillsboro. I don't think that contest was lopsided either

Overton will be playing in a hostile environment but thats what highschool football is all about. I know Franklin will not kick it off to either Daniel White or Cj Jackson for they will take it back. I don't think it will be lopside contest. Don't let the record fool you. If we bring it like we're capable of then I know it will not be lopsided. Franklin have not seen this much speed since week 0 against Hillsboro. I don't think that contest was lopsided either

The only good teams that John Overton played were Hillsboro & Father Ryan. What did Jackson and White do against Father Ryan which is a good but not great team?

Guest workinprogress

The only good teams that John Overton played were Hillsboro & Father Ryan. What did Jackson and White do against Father Ryan which is a good but not great team?

So HuntersLane and Antioch are not good ball teams? So far this year I havent seen anyone in the midstate that isnt beatable. There are several good teams and several teams have looked great at times. But not even Riverdale has looked great as of late. MBA is your undefeated team and Ravenwood nearly came back to beat them. White is one of the best backs in the midstate, thats all bobcat is saying. As for the game, it should be close. It all depends on Franklins D being able to contain White.

Will Dykes' punt return occur after a called fair catch?

drop the whole fair catch thing...if yall hadnt have hit him after he called fair catch it woulda never happened

I think Franklin will do a good job at stopping the run...they had some trouble with it at Centennial the first half, but after halftime they shut them down the rest of the night. if they can come out strong in the beginning i think Franklin will take it atleast by 2 or 3 TDs