9AA

CoachF

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. CPA - Z, Miller, Anderson will be hard to stop all year... and they're juniors.

2. Lipscomb - As you said, they are Lipscomb. J. Simpson, C. Simpson, Webb, Clayton, Hunt- very athletic team.

3. Pearl Cohn - Carter and Mason are a good combination.

4. FRA - A few losses from last year but still have a fairly strong roster. Kennedy is a sharp-shooter.

5. MLK - No Gerald. Possibly a giant killer as District play begins.

6. Hume Fogg - Still have a few players from last year, fight for not last.

7. East Literature - New addition- I saw them at the Belmont Camp and they really didn't show much.

8. Ezell Harding - Same team as last year... unfortunatley.

1. CPA - Z, Miller, Anderson will be hard to stop all year... and they're juniors.

2. Lipscomb - As you said, they are Lipscomb. J. Simpson, C. Simpson, Webb, Clayton, Hunt- very athletic team.

3. Pearl Cohn - Carter and Mason are a good combination.

4. FRA - A few losses from last year but still have a fairly strong roster. Kennedy is a sharp-shooter.

5. MLK - No Gerald. Possibly a giant killer as District play begins.

6. Hume Fogg - Still have a few players from last year, fight for not last.

7. East Literature - New addition- I saw them at the Belmont Camp and they really didn't show much.

8. Ezell Harding - Same team as last year... unfortunatley.

I think you're right, this his how they'll stand at the end of the season. CPA is gonna be fun to watch. What do you think are their chances of winning their schools first state championship?

I think pearl-cohn will be the team give the heavly favortie CPA a run for there money this year. Coach Vic Wharton expects to run up and down the court more and a fast pace game with this year team, than any other pearl-cohn team he has had. I talk to him and said his goal was to "fill the gym up like their football team does every friday", of course that means winning. They have talented players other than mason and carter. Starting with the shortest guy on the team, Joesph Sandifer who is 5'7 point gaurd. A jr. last year that a big impact in that sub-state run last year. and Coach Wharton has name him captin of the team this year. Next Senoir Foward Muzzon Hendorson. Who last year got playing time but didn make much of an impact. But this year the senoir looks to be a big contributer to the firebird team this year, not to mention a Mcgavock sophmore transfer who last year average 18 points per game as a freshman, and has a good shooters touch(something pc can really use) should be back in january in time for district play. and the list goes on: "Crazy hops" Mike Venoy,"Chris lofton shooter" Jarvis Roberts and "MR. UK" Deuante "Gra-Mar" Mason. The point gaurd joesph sandifer said, "every year pearl-cohn football and basketball are the most underated teams in the district and region. I JUST LOVE IT WHEN WE PROVED EVERYBODY WRONG". The big question will be answered when the firebirds open their season at home friday November 16 against Hillsboro. The two rival schools more known for football programs. (shedule to change pending on football playoffs)

I think pearl-cohn will be the team give the heavly favortie CPA a run for there money this year. Coach Vic Wharton expects to run up and down the court more and a fast pace game with this year team, than any other pearl-cohn team he has had. I talk to him and said his goal was to "fill the gym up like their football team does every friday", of course that means winning. They have talented players other than mason and carter. Starting with the shortest guy on the team, Joesph Sandifer who is 5'7 point gaurd. A jr. last year that a big impact in that sub-state run last year. and Coach Wharton has name him captin of the team this year. Next Senoir Foward Muzzon Hendorson. Who last year got playing time but didn make much of an impact. But this year the senoir looks to be a big contributer to the firebird team this year, not to mention a Mcgavock sophmore transfer who last year average 18 points per game as a freshman, and has a good shooters touch(something pc can really use) should be back in january in time for district play. and the list goes on: "Crazy hops" Mike Venoy,"Chris lofton shooter" Jarvis Roberts and "MR. UK" Deuante "Gra-Mar" Mason. The point gaurd joesph sandifer said, "every year pearl-cohn football and basketball are the most underated teams in the district and region. I JUST LOVE IT WHEN WE PROVED EVERYBODY WRONG". The big question will be answered when the firebirds open their season at home friday November 16 against Hillsboro. The two rival schools more known for football programs. (shedule to change pending on football playoffs)

CPA will also have more talent than just the three juniors, who are great indeed. Two experienced seniors with size and a bench that will surprise everyone as the season evolves. Junior Varsity will dominate too. CPA will be a state contender if they don't peak to soon. They will have some big wins that will be blowouts so Coach Maddux will have to work keeping their focus.

I agree as said that Pearl Cohn will give CPA a run for their money, I mean, they're the only 9AA team to make it to Section last year. And they only really lost Rashad Mason. He was a solid player, but by no means good. Carter, JoJo and D. Mason will be tough to stop, even with Z, Miller, and Anderson.

But yes, I think CPA has what it takes to take it to State, not necessarily win it, but to get there. And now with Liberty Tech's Fab Five from last year graduated, their chance rises. Who else is there to compete with?

cpa is gay and likes flowers?

You think. They still blew out three teams today at the Seigal High School play day in the Boro. All 20+ point wins without Z Mason. You better start planning ahead now because these guys are tough at every level. Of course in basketball anything can happen and it's important to not get over confident. What I saw today would scare any opposing coach. Add Z.....get ready!