9AA

CoachF

how many games would cpa win without zeek? probably still be undefeated. without williamson, hume fogg is almost not contending

All that means is that CPA has a better supporting cast, not that Williamson is better than Mason. CPA would not be undefeated without Z. Not only would they lose the points he provides game in and game out, but they would lose the rebounding force that he is. CPA has had some close games this year, Pearl-Cohn and the first FRA game to name a couple, without Z those two teams probably end up winning those games. Mason is the best player in 9AA, anyone that says otherwise is either a complete homer or is just an idiot.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason is the best blayer in the district at his position. He actually has no peers in our district at his position. He not only gives his team points and rebounding, he provides intimidation and is immediately the focus of every coaches game plan. He will be the MVP of the district without any real debate. Williamson has played a lot better than I expected him to and is deserving of consideration but will not be close to Mason. I think Clayton, Miller, and William Carter of PC will round out the top five. Shawn Kennedy from FRA may squeze into the fifth spot.

Since the talk's already starting and the District Tournament is a short time away, who do you think will be named to the 9AA All-District Team?

Z Mason CPA

Hunter Miller CPA

Caleb Clayton DLHS

William Carter PC

Adrian Williamson HF

Anton Christian MLK

Shawn Kennedy FRA

No idea about the players from Ezell and East Lit. No one has shone too brightly for either of them.

Watched CPA win an out-of-district game tonight against DCA. Final score: 84-49 (and the lead was over 40 before CPA emptied the bench for most of the 4th quarter.

I haven't seen Williamson play, but give me Z and Miller as the top 2 players in the District. Of course, what is interesting is that Anderson on any other team would probably be the top scorer, even though he is third on CPA. His defense and court presence is amazing. He does so many things well.

In the game tonight, CPA hit 7 three's in the first half. Don't know the final count.

And Z had 3 monster dunks in the 2nd half - two of them on awesome alley oops from Miller that brought the house down. ESPN highlight stuff.

Since the talk's already starting and the District Tournament is a short time away, who do you think will be named to the 9AA All-District Team?

Z Mason CPA

Hunter Miller CPA

Caleb Clayton DLHS

William Carter PC

Adrian Williamson HF

Anton Christian MLK

Shawn Kennedy FRA

No idea about the players from Ezell and East Lit. No one has shone too brightly for either of them.

Perfect list.

I'd take our All-District team from last year (since we don't officially know who's on this year's team) against any other All-District team in the state.

Z Mason CPA

Rashad Mason PC

Gerald Robinson MLK

Hunter Miller CPA

Shawn Kennedy FRA

Jeffrey Jay FRA

Josh Slater DL

They'd be amazing, along with this year's projected team.

i agree with that statement completely...

also i dont know how many players make the All-District team but i think these are also some contenders

-Prince Peters=MLK

-Deaunte Mason=PC

-David Anderson=CPA

-Evan Webb=DLHS

-maybe another FRA player

How about Jake Peterson from CPA. This kid can play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i dont think you'll see more than 3 players from a team even if CPA is #1 in the district.. plus with all the talent they have Peterson doesn't really stand out much

Not on these boards he doesn't. There have been several games this season where Peterson and Reeves have scored more than Anderson....but they are very rarely praised on here the way other players are. Even worse players on other teams get more talk than these guys. I'll tell you right now...this time next year, you'll notice them being gone! They lead that starting five...maybe not in points, but they are the natural leaders of this team for sure. We will miss them tremendously!

Not on these boards he doesn't. There have been several games this season where Peterson and Reeves have scored more than Anderson....but they are very rarely praised on here the way other players are. Even worse players on other teams get more talk than these guys. I'll tell you right now...this time next year, you'll notice them being gone! They lead that starting five...maybe not in points, but they are the natural leaders of this team for sure. We will miss them tremendously!

CPA will be better next year than they are this year. Chapman will return and expect some big things from the sophomores (Zelenik, Birkhead, Ellson, and Crenshaw)

And if you ask the players who they follow, it's Miller. Nothing against the seniors at all, but just because you are a senior doesn't mean that you are a natural leader. Peterson and Reeves are just not very vocal, but thats ok, they fit their roles well and are vital to this team's success. And CPA will be just fine with the leaders on the team this time next year, but we will miss the seniors.