9AA

CoachF

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No judgement - played last year - not this year - play next year?

Probably will be in school. Wants to graduate with his friends he has been with since elementary school. I'm sure Maddox would welcome him back, but the competition for paying time next year will be tough. 3 starters back and lots of young talent on the bench that will be even better next year. There are also a couple of good players who didn't play this year, other than Chapman, that may be back next year. Time will tell.

Z is a special player that only comes along once in many years, but the program looks good in the future with the 8th grade (lots of size), Fresh, and Soph. classes.

Be careful judging this situation. Anyone, including you, would not pass up the opportunity he had this year even though it meant not playing a sport he loves for a school and team he loves.

The tough choices in life are not between what is good and bad, but what is between good and better.

If it's not too personal, where is he this year?

1st round games are at home sites on Thursday the 14th. Semis and final at MLK

It SHOULD turn out this way

#8 Ezell at CPA, #7 East Lit @ Lipscomb, #6 MLK @ FRA, #5 Hume Fogg @ Pearl Cohn

CPA will also hold boys SR night activities on Thursday since they were cancelled Tuesday due to the weather. They will take place immediately after the final buzzer.

CPA will also hold boys SR night activities on Thursday since they were cancelled Tuesday due to the weather. They will take place immediately after the final buzzer.

Is this the CPA web-site now? Good to know senior night is going to be Thursday. And the lunchroom will be serving meatloaf and scalloped potatoes on Monday, Mr. Logan's 5th period class needs to report to the auditorium after school for library clean-up, and the CPA choir will peform at the West Nashville Boys and Girls club next Wednesday at 6:00p.m. Go lions!

Oops, forgot to mention Drew Maddux ($10 please).

Jeez.

I respect CPA and their program as much as the next guy, but this a 9-AA thread, not the CPA basketball web-page. If we could have a little less "CPA is great" talk and a little more rounded discussion on the league and all it's teams and players that would be great. Just not so sure any of the CPA fans on this thread can even rationally discuss their team anymore. It seems they have just turned to fighting each other on inane things like will Will Chapman be a Lion next year or go on tour as the lead bassist for Brooks and Dunn. Whatever.

I respect CPA and their program as much as the next guy, but this a 9-AA thread, not the CPA basketball web-page. If we could have a little less "CPA is great" talk and a little more rounded discussion on the league and all it's teams and players that would be great. Just not so sure any of the CPA fans on this thread can even rationally discuss their team anymore. It seems they have just turned to fighting each other on inane things like will Will Chapman be a Lion next year or go on tour as the lead bassist for Brooks and Dunn. Whatever.

Outside of CPA, what talent is there to talk about in 9AA?

Outside of CPA, what talent is there to talk about in 9AA?

Should have seen that coming.

Just remember that smuggness when the worm turns in a few years and Pearl, MLK, Lipscomb. et al. return to their usual selves, and CPA is recovering from the loss of those seniors who have dominated the roster for 4 years. Not gonna be a lot of experience when that happens.

Lots of talent by the way. Lipscomb has beaten some good teams (station camp?) and I do recall they pushed CPA to OT earlier this season. PC has beaten several Metro AAA teams. The Williamson kid might be proving he is a better prospect than, gulp, Z Mason. Sure CPA is the class of the league, and who wouldn't be with some one as dominant at Mason guarding the basket, but don't sell these other kids short. Stuff like that can come back to bite you (or your team) hard.

Thanks for showing your true colors though.