CPA @ Goodpasture... again

matt610

You might be right Gerry. I respect your opinion on here. You are a Living Legend in your own right. How is Coach Boone doing? Have you spoke to that Living Legend lately? I heard he still lives in Alexandria.

Gerry bertier passed away in a car accident sadly......

here is the link..... http://www.gerrybertier.com/code/popup.php...ATH-Article.gif

I hope this young/old man is not trying to pass himself off as the real one nad using the name is a tribute if not a coincidence to have the same name......

That being said I hope CPA wins so the lions have a chance at some pay back

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pulling fot GP i like 2 see them win it and play a pretty good camden team

Well we aprreciate the compliment, but we just hope if we play GP that the oucome will be different than the last meeting same for CPA vs. Camden. I can't decide who to pick. Last week I picked CPA and they lost no mattter how good the game. I think this week I'll pick GP, but I'd rather not have to pick either of these teams /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Yall are both two good and Respectable team, and class acts for that matter. Good Luck to both these classy teams, and hope yall have an injury free game.

Have to agree with posts re head coaching decisions by CPA. Over two minutes to go in first half, GP has not stopped CPA all night, you get a couple of first downs to get out of your end of the field, and then take NO shots at the end zone and just run out the clock? Bizarre! Then he gets too clever with an onside kick that does not work and gives GP field position and chance to change momentum. Then is so concerned with punt returns that he keeps QB in as punter, averaging about 6 yards per punt. Then when GP makes a run, instead of staying on the ground or the short possession passes--which GP had not stopped all night--he starts throwing the low percentage long balls--panic. CPA defense is an overachieving group for their lack of size and speed. Just need some game management help on the offense.

I dont now why people are saying if you take away the 19-0 lead it wasnt a game?! First of all you are not just given a 19-0 lead and second of all there were several lead changes after that even into the 4th quarter. I thought CPA easily played with GP they just had some poor coaching decisions otherwise they were easlily in it. If CPA just plays there game and Lowery is on they can win this, and I am picking CPA to win bc i think there srs. refuse to lose, however whoever wins will run over every other team they face til the State Championship against Aloa. Camden will not be a match either team will win by 2 tds, and if either team ever gets to play DCA again they would both win by at least 2 tds maybe a lot worse bc they want revenge for DCA stealing the Region Title. CPA beat DCA by 17 and DCA luckily bead GP wont happen again i hope DCA makes it so we can see what happens.

I think the pressure is on CPA, the CPA coaching staff needs to do a true self evaluation of what it takes to win big ball games and quit trying to make a square peg fit in a round hole. I also think it is gut check time for some CPA players to decide if they want to win a big game or play to not lose. To win big games you have to have a mind set that you refuse to lose and in my opinion that needs to start with the coaching staff and filter on down to the players, otherwise this coming Friday will be the end of the seasn for CPA in a bigger defeat than the first time.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

The coaching staff will have CPA ready to compete. They are great coaches and great leaders of young men.