is region 7 AAA the toughest region in AAA

trojans11

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region 2-3a hands down toughest in the state... I would like to see any team go play in that region week in and week out and see how really good you are! Like its been said before IF YOU WANT THE GOLD BALL COME TRY TO TAKE IT FROM 2-3A!

It would be a PLEASURE to! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It would be a PLEASURE to! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Well someone from this region has won the state every year with the exception of 1 since

2001. If that is not dominance I don't know what is. These guys beat each other up during the year

because there region games are so tough. Im not a betting man but if I was my money would be on

someone from 2-3A.

Well someone from this region has won the state every year with the exception of 1 since

2001. If that is not dominance I don't know what is. These guys beat each other up during the year

because there region games are so tough. Im not a betting man but if I was my money would be on

someone from 2-3A.

That may be true, but don't denounce teams they haven't played yet.Surprising things can happen!! We are not there yet! One game at a time!! Wish ya'll the best of luck!

Region 2-3A is cleary the most dominant and toughest region in the state. NOBODY can argue that. Region 2 has put a team in the State Championship game the past 6 years, winning the State 5 out of the last 6, with Fulton finishing Runner-Up in 2002 to a loaded Memphis Ridgeway school that belonged in a higher classification.

2001-AE wins State

2002-Fulton Runner-Up

2003-Fulton wins State

2004-Fulton wins State

2005-LA wins State after entering playoffs at 5-5, tell me Region 2 isn't tough?

2006-Fulton wins State

Not sure about years past, but this decade has been dominated by Region 2-3A. This year may not be any different with Catholic being the favorite to win it.

7-3a still not gettin no respect /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

When's the last time a Region 7-3A school won the State Championship? I know Dyersburg always has a competitive team and Covington made it to the championship game in 2003, getting blasted by Fulton, but other than that, who else is in that region? Since 2001, Region 2-3A has dominated Class 3A. The original post was asking if Region 7 is CURRENTLY the toughest region in the state, and if not, what was the toughest. That's a no-brainer. Just look at the past 6 years and that will answer your question. Right now, the #1 team in the state is in non-other-than Region 2 and I would put our region's top 4 schools up against the best of other regions. Catholic, Fulton, AE, Anderson County, and Kingston. That's as tough as it gets. When a team goes 5-5 in our region in the regular season and STILL wins State? (LA in 2005) In all 3 years we have won it at Fulton, our toughest test of the entire playoffs was getting out of our region in round 3. For example, in 2004, we won in overtime at AE in the 3rd round 14-12. In the semifinals, we beat Smith County 33-6 in "The Hole". In the championship, we beat Greenbriar and the mighty Roger Herndon 36-7. We were not even contested. The closest game we ever had after round 3 was David Lipscomb last year in Murfreesboro, winning 24-14.

I just happen to have been right back from our Grille here at UT were I noticed the guy ringing me up had to huge gold rings. I went on asking we here got them and guess what, 2 FULTON CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS. YOU WANT RESPECT YOU HAVE GOT TO EARN IT. You aren't dominating until you have the rings. Catholic, Fulton, A-E, Kingston, and probably even AC could run most of the regions in 3a. Scott would even fair pretty darn good in a few of them.

2, 4, and, then 5 and 7 are a toss up. IMO, the trend will continue for a few more years. Fulton's freshman class is strong this year, as is Catholic's. AC is young, and looking ahead to next year, I really like what coach King down @ Kingston is doing. AE also has some very good talent in the Frosh class. Off topic, but far and away the most talented 9th grade class in the Blount/Knox area is Alcoa. They are LOOOOOAAADED.

ruse?