Brentwood v ECS

eaglefan71

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way this new alignment has worked out, it makes the playoffs pretty interesting. All the teams have at least 7 wins, and very few have played each other previously this season. Much more unpredictable than it had been in the past, where the playoffs were pretty much a bunch of rematches. Throwing the two ex-"Small School" teams in the mix, along with first year school Ensworth make it a wide open battle for the championship.

BA is playing pretty well right now, and should pose a strong challenge for ECS. I am concerned about BA's special teams play, which has been inconsistent all year. Those weaknesses didn't matter all that much against Father Ryan, but could come back to haunt them against a better team. Really killed them against MBA.

I'll pick BA in this one, 28-14.

Final

BA 27

ECS 7

BA pretty much dominated but played a little sloppy. Nelson floated alot of his throws and BA had a lot of penalties. ECS was a very disciplined team and their QB was pretty fast. The QB draw worked well all night for them, but not much else. C. Jordan was once again dominant during the first half. He didn't play much in the second.

Good win BA -- looking forward to the CBHS/Ensworth winner (Ensworth would be nice -- keep it at home!)

Final

BA 27

ECS 7

BA pretty much dominated but played a little sloppy. Nelson floated alot of his throws and BA had a lot of penalties. ECS was a very disciplined team and their QB was pretty fast. The QB draw worked well all night for them, but not much else. C. Jordan was once again dominant during the first half. He didn't play much in the second.

Good win BA -- looking forward to the CBHS/Ensworth winner (Ensworth would be nice -- keep it at home!)

If Jordan would have played, they would have gone over 35......dominant 1st half......once again, nowhere around the second half......very hard to understand.....

Looking forward to the 1ST EVER meeting for BA with Ensworth! Sure to be a great matchup.

If Jordan would have played, they would have gone over 35......dominant 1st half......once again, nowhere around the second half......very hard to understand.....

Looking forward to the 1ST EVER meeting for BA with Ensworth! Sure to be a great matchup.

Not sure why Jordon was needed in the second half. The score was 17 - 0 but was a bit deceiving -- ECS was never in the game. Jordon is nursing a high ankle sprain that really wont heal until after the season and he will be needed vs Ensworth and (hopfully) the MBA/FRA winner. Makes a lot of sense to let him continue to rest the ankle with a game that is pretty much decided.

We might have had 35 tonight (actually should have -- missed 2 Field Goals and fumbled into the endzone) but we looked a little ragged on O. I thought C. Nelson had turned the corner last week, but he's still spotty on the pass . . .

Not sure why Jordon was needed in the second half. The score was 17 - 0 but was a bit deceiving -- ECS was never in the game. Jordon is nursing a high ankle sprain that really wont heal until after the season and he will be needed vs Ensworth and (hopfully) the MBA/FRA winner. Makes a lot of sense to let him continue to rest the ankle with a game that is pretty much decided.

We might have had 35 tonight (actually should have -- missed 2 Field Goals and fumbled into the endzone) but we looked a little ragged on O. I thought C. Nelson had turned the corner last week, but he's still spotty on the pass . . .

Maybe.....ankle sprains (and the new term "high ankle sprains") have been around for years.....since time began. You ice it, put heat on it, the ankle loosens up and you play through the pain. Eventually, it gets better. He has pretty much rested his ankle for a good part of the season...sources tell me he could have played against MBA. He dressed for the game and appeared to run on and off the field fine at the MBA halftime and at the end of the game. Very hard for old timers who played under coach Flatt in the 70's & 80's to understand...unless you were going in for surgury, or dead...... you continued to play...players were known to tape body parts(limbs) to their chest to keep playing....I remember football season being a time when everyone had lots of injuries, but continued to play....separated shoulders, sprained ankles, sprained knees, broken noses, broken fingers, broken wrists and arms..stitches..bruised kidneys...you name it..injury and playing thru the pain was part of the sport...I believe the MBA QB this year has been playing with a cracked bone in his leg since early in the season! He played with it cracked against BA! This time of year, no one is really at "100%" and definitely banged up. Football is a rough sport. Injury is part of it. I guess kids nowdays are handled a little different...he has played sparingly much of the season.....when he is on, he is in his own league and unstoppable....definitely has the physical tools to play DI.....For the good of the team, I'm gonna now be quiet. CJ is a phenomenal talent.

As CJ can be a dominating player when he wants to play(Coach Potter even said this to The Tennessean at the first of the season), I hope he brings his "A" game for the remainder of the season! If he cannot play, I will take sophmore Josh Tate's toughness all day. He is going to be a good one!