Pearl-Cohn at Howard

Howard won't have many fans there either and the sad part is most are just there for the fish sandwiches, LOL!!! Gotta get one.

Are you serious? The alumni at Howard has to be one of the best in the city! Trust me from one season to another they are there giving the coaches heck, whether they win or lose. The people of that community love their TIGERS and they will support and ask for extra hot sauce on the fish sandwich! LOL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? The alumni at Howard has to be one of the best in the city! Trust me from one season to another they are there giving the coaches heck, whether they win or lose. The people of that community love their TIGERS and they will support and ask for extra hot sauce on the fish sandwich! LOL

Every time that I have been to a Howard game it has been packed. Last week they had the visitors side packed at McMinn Central, and by the way I enjoyed the band, so they do support their program.

For all the " Dont Play Wit it" talk I will leave you with our words. Our team come out and screams " Say IT Like You Mean It" then comes the chant. Tigers gone fight till they cant fight no more, lie down bleed a while get up and fight some more."

TO sum it up if pearl wins they will be so beat up that they will lose the next week. We never quit, we have a rich tradition and a bright future and we will come to play and you can bet the house on that! I know all about Jeffreson St and all and it is similar to south chatt! Come to play cause we will!

This should be a great game, I don't know what Howard has, but it is renewing a rivalry from the old days. Some of you youngins might not remember, but Pearl-Cohn and Howard used to play on the regular in the late 80's and early 90's. I even had my cleats stolen by a visiting Howard team on homecoming. That was a long time ago, I hope PC pulls this off and makes another run to the semis, or finals. Good luck Firebirds in Chatt town, I wish I could be there, but I have other obligations.

PC...............Don't Play Wit It!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It just doesn't have the same ring to it with a redneck saying it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Pearl Cohn 28

Howard 10

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It"

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Pearl Cohn 28

Howard 10

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It"

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Deaunte Mason is going to be one tough player for some team to knock out of the playoffs. I can say that about him because in Pearl Cohn's offense he will touch the football every snap of the night. Brunetti will often times give Mason the liberty to do his own thing at the line of scrimmage and IMO that's when PC is at their scariest. 6'4 220lbs. quarterback that can run it and throw it. THAT IS FRIGHTENING!!!

Deaunte Mason is going to be one tough player for some team to knock out of the playoffs. I can say that about him because in Pearl Cohn's offense he will touch the football every snap of the night. Brunetti will often times give Mason the liberty to do his own thing at the line of scrimmage and IMO that's when PC is at their scariest. 6'4 220lbs. quarterback that can run it and throw it. THAT IS FRIGHTENING!!!

That is scary but you have to look at it this way. He will be playing against athletes that can run with him!

I know kids improve from year to year so this is in no way trying to diminish Mason as an athlete, was he the QB in the round 1 , defensive struggle, with Polk last year?

And Pearl had a big WR last season, is he still there? Check out this clip, watch the Pearl kid close in for the tackle.

http://www.polkcountywildcats.com/Football...8rswafford.html

Yeah i seen that play, seen that game also. but the funny thing is that he was called for pass infernce on that play, and was called back. Another thing number 5 Rashad Mason and number 17 Brian Gupton were the big time threats at the wide recievers last year. both at UNC. Oh that means Pearl-Cohn Duante has nobody to throw it to.WRONG! Number 81 Will "twin" Johnson, number 82 Wayne "weezy" Cox, and Mike "Crazy hops" Venoy. Simply put it this offense isnt "a throw it up and go get it offense". This Deuante Mason's Offense. So dont let that little clip fool you. Last year polk co. was the best 4th seed in the state. Plus Pearl-Cohn plays at thier best when thier great marching band is playing. Like big country said beating Mason's offense is no easy task!

Last year during b-ball season they called The Howard Men b-ball program tuff luck Howard. It seems our football team is having tuff luck! Tremaine Hudson has a season ending shoulder injury. THis is the first season i thought we could make a long run in the playoffs and possibly make it to the Championship game. 98 was the last time I fealt we could win the state and we lost our starting Tailback then but we managed to defeat Greenbrier and make it to the second round where not having showed. We played at White House and was leading for the entire game but lost it in the second half when our reciever went down. Talk about tuff luck!

But Go HOWARD win this one for the Home Crowd!!!

I know kids improve from year to year so this is in no way trying to diminish Mason as an athlete, was he the QB in the round 1 , defensive struggle, with Polk last year?

And Pearl had a big WR last season, is he still there? Check out this clip, watch the Pearl kid close in for the tackle.

http://www.polkcountywildcats.com/Football...8rswafford.html

That tackle saved a TD and won PC the game 6-0. The Firebirds never are a state semifinalist team last year without that hustle from Mason.

#5 Rashad Mason, #17 Brian Gupton, #83 Jeremy Gordon, #22 Deaveon Gregory, & #45 Trokon Paye are all gone from last year's state semifinalist bunch. This year #15 Deaunte Mason will be joined on offense by #9 Lamar McLaurin, #81 William Johnson, #82 Wayne Cox, #23 Carlos Knight, & #85 Michael Venoy. The Firebirds defense is anchored by #56 Markese Osborne, #3 Howard Griffin, #2 Dominique Harris, & #81 William Johnson. The Firebirds may have the best group of linebackers in the state. Those guys are all big, physical, long, athletic, and finish with a purpose.