David Lipscomb

tnfootball4

David Lipscomb IS in a class by themselves!

It is region win win and win.To enter this region you must have class, be verry good,

have a good coaching staff,and win.

I could easily agree on the (recruiting thing)and private schools may get an advantage

in this but why cry about it?Get your team ready,prepair,train hard and go beat the CPA

OR DL or DCA TEAMS! IT CAN BE DONE! And it will be done,sooner or later.

Lipscomb will win state unless they are upset by Giles County in the third round,

if that happens then Giles will win state.Or maybe Cheatham or Marshall will win it.

Nah, I forgot, all these teams play in that weak region 5.

I say put any one of the teams you mentioned in 5-3A and see what happens.They wont

be 10 and 0 every year.

GOOD LUCK REGION 5

Nobody's crying. WE BEAT DAVID LIPSCOMB LAST YEAR IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! So we did "go out and beat the DL's as you say". We also beat Knoxville Catholic in the 3rd round, who is also a private school with a lot of money. So...the "inner-city" kids from Knoxville Fulton have won 3 out of the last 4 State Championships in 3A. So, I believe we were "prepared and ready" for DL last year. I still say private schools have an advantage, but I'm moreso complaining about Catholic, who's in our region. About the regions, where do you get your basis for your argument? Region 2-3A has been dominant this decade. Heck, we even had a Region 2 school who went 5-5 in the regular season win the State Championship, defeating the Region 5 undefeated DL Mustangs in 2005. Bring on Region 5, because Region 2 is where it's at.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's crying. WE BEAT DAVID LIPSCOMB LAST YEAR IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! So we did "go out and beat the DL's as you say". We also beat Knoxville Catholic in the 3rd round, who is also a private school with a lot of money. So...the "inner-city" kids from Knoxville Fulton have won 3 out of the last 4 State Championships in 3A. So, I believe we were "prepared and ready" for DL last year. I still say private schools have an advantage, but I'm moreso complaining about Catholic, who's in our region. About the regions, where do you get your basis for your argument? Region 2-3A has been dominant this decade. Heck, we even had a Region 2 school who went 5-5 in the regular season win the State Championship, defeating the Region 5 undefeated DL Mustangs in 2005. Bring on Region 5, because Region 2 is where it's at.

Road.

Pick your battles, friend. Not worth it here. Go prep for a BioChem final, and let him prep for the next subway sandwich.

ruse?

Good Luck to Region 2 over there. I will however have to root for the Region 4 team that plays a Region 2 team on the weekend of the semifinals. IT IS A MIDSTATE THING!!! That will either be Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbrier, or Station Camp.

In the west half of things Region 5 is looking to be the sexy pick by everyone. David Lipscomb is head & shoulders above the rest of the crowd on this half of the bracket. Giles Co. & Marshall Co. may be the second and third best teams respectively. I would love either of those teams in a semifinal clash with Dyersburg, Dyer Co., or Haywood. Barring some sort of miracle upset there's going to be someone from the east half playing David Lipscomb in the Blue Cross Bowl.

DL does have a good football team but they not play in a very tough region, just like the last five years

whoever wins region 2-3A will be state champs. Knox Catholic is very big and physical and a receiver that has

excellent speed and hands. Knox Catholic is the favorite but you never know out of this region, just look at Livingston Academy 2 years ago.

David Lipscomb IS in a class by themselves!

It is region win win and win.To enter this region you must have class, be verry good,

have a good coaching staff,and win.

I could easily agree on the (recruiting thing)and private schools may get an advantage

in this but why cry about it?Get your team ready,prepair,train hard and go beat the CPA

OR DL or DCA TEAMS! IT CAN BE DONE! And it will be done,sooner or later.

Lipscomb will win state unless they are upset by Giles County in the third round,

if that happens then Giles will win state.Or maybe Cheatham or Marshall will win it.

Nah, I forgot, all these teams play in that weak region 5.

I say put any one of the teams you mentioned in 5-3A and see what happens.They wont

be 10 and 0 every year.

GOOD LUCK REGION 5

Its really quite simple, there is a division for private schools.......DL and all the rest should go and play in it. They can use all their little analogies, but they simply play by a different set of guidelines, which public schools don't have the same opportunities. If one were to compare it to youth sports it would be comparable to placing a travel team in a recreation league.

You can talk about regions all you want, but when a public school pops one of your private schools in the mouth, (thanks Fulton) all the public schools cheer.

By now I'm sure there is some DL fan getting ready to type something like "the little engine that could" about their team, they need to get real and realize they are only where they are because they "opt out" of playing in Div II.

Its really quite simple, there is a division for private schools.......DL and all the rest should go and play in it. They can use all their little analogies, but they simply play by a different set of guidelines, which public schools don't have the same opportunities. If one were to compare it to youth sports it would be comparable to placing a travel team in a recreation league.

You can talk about regions all you want, but when a public school pops one of your private schools in the mouth, (thanks Fulton) all the public schools cheer.

By now I'm sure there is some DL fan getting ready to type something like "the little engine that could" about their team, they need to get real and realize they are only where they are because they "opt out" of playing in Div II.

Ya'll just need to stop whining like little children. If ya'll actually sit down and think about it, the advantage could go either way. Sure the zoning thing is an advantage if you have the money to pay for your kid to go to a private school, but the public schools have 2 sometimes 3 times the amount of kids go to their schools than private schools so obviously they will have more athletes to choose from. It's all about coaching and how you use the talent you have and Coach Mac and the Mustang staff do a great job year in and year out. I'm lookin for the Mustangs to make it to MTSU. Some schools dont want to recruit and so thats why they so call "opt out" of Div II. Just helpin you realize that because you dont seem to realize that...but not all of us can be smart.

D-II is for schools who offer financial aid...(don't lump Lipscomb into that group) Your ID indicates that you are a new member of CoachT. You sound like an existing member who just up and created an additional identity. OK its that the case, let me guess...Are you really Bomb Squad or Eddie Haskell or has Mark Gaither come back to the boards? Or could you be wowcat...I would normally lump Bulldog69 in that group, but its the playoff time and he turns into a Region 5 3A Homey.

Also, we gave you the blueprint for success, why don't you pass it along to your school and implement it. Then when your team does succeed on a constant basis you will realize how comments like yours and some others are really petty and ill-informed.

I think that you will find that the TSSAA will soon be addressing the Public vs. Public and the recruitment of players in and out of zone. As for opting out, Lipscomb didn't opt out of anything. They chose their path and have stayed the course, unlike some schools who have moved into DII and decided to get out.

Ya'll just need to stop whining like little children. If ya'll actually sit down and think about it, the advantage could go either way. Sure the zoning thing is an advantage if you have the money to pay for your kid to go to a private school, but the public schools have 2 sometimes 3 times the amount of kids go to their schools than private schools so obviously they will have more athletes to choose from. It's all about coaching and how you use the talent you have and Coach Mac and the Mustang staff do a great job year in and year out. I'm lookin for the Mustangs to make it to MTSU. Some schools dont want to recruit and so thats why they so call "opt out" of Div II. Just helpin you realize that because you dont seem to realize that...but not all of us can be smart.

No doubt you have great coaches and a fine team. But straight up, we all know there are more ways to recruit than "official recruiting". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Yall just keep selling that point to the TSSAA. Get real! No private school recruits, until they get caught anyway.

Here is an idea for you, join DIV II and you can have the option to recruit or not recruit....If DL is willing to comit the extra effort. That way all the teams will be able to compete at the same level.

I am glad you admitted it is a money thing......I'm proud of you!

I don't necessarily think it's fair when students can pay tuition to attend a school out of their zone and that school can compete with public schools who don't have this luxury. I know Catholic gets new players to come in every year out of zone, some out of state from what I've heard, and all they have to do is pay their way. That's pretty much equivalent to recruiting. Don't get me wrong, private schools should have this luxury because it is a "private" school, but it puts the public, non-tuition schools at a disadvantage some years. Schools like Fulton had to deal with a large loss of seniors off of last year's squad and simply didn't have the depth to replace some of those guys in the school zone area. On the other hand, a school like Catholic can get kids in from everywhere, so guys like Harrison Smith are not missed sorely. I believe schools like Catholic should have to compete in the private school division, like in the past, and play other schools with tuition-paying students. That's just me.

I guess it is also not fair for public schools to pay "tuition" and be able to attend school in another area. For example, in Blount County you can pay an out-of-county fee and attend school there. Last AP poll that I checked had a Blount County school at #8 in 5A, #1 in 4A and #1 in 2A. Noone seems uptight about this.

Why can't we keep public-private debate over where it belongs. There is an entire section for that on Coach T.

D-II is for schools who offer financial aid...(don't lump Lipscomb into that group) Your ID indicates that you are a new member of CoachT. You sound like an existing member who just up and created an additional identity. OK its that the case, let me guess...Are you really Bomb Squad or Eddie Haskell or has Mark Gaither come back to the boards? Or could you be wowcat...I would normally lump Bulldog69 in that group, but its the playoff time and he turns into a Region 5 3A Homey.

Also, we gave you the blueprint for success, why don't you pass it along to your school and implement it. Then when your team does succeed on a constant basis you will realize how comments like yours and some others are really petty and ill-informed.

I think that you will find that the TSSAA will soon be addressing the Public vs. Public and the recruitment of players in and out of zone. As for opting out, Lipscomb didn't opt out of anything. They chose their path and have stayed the course, unlike some schools who have moved into DII and decided to get out.

You went to private school didn't you. You really are out of touch with the challenges public schools face vs private schools.

Oh btw...they should address public school recruitment.

WELL YOU GOT A RESPONCE ALREADY COMING WITH THE "TUDE" ANALOGEY YOU SPECIFIED. HOWEVER,THEY"LL NEVER ADMIT TO THE "REALITY" OF THE PROBLEM "PULBIC VS. PRIVATE" = SIMPLY THEY HAVE $$ AND "DONT HAVE TO" BECAUSE SADLY FOR LOWER MIDDLE CLASS (98% ) FOLKS IN THE U.S.A. HAVE TO LIVE IN "THEIR" "POLITICIALLY CORRECT" WORLD . IT MAKE "EM" FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES AS IT DOES IN EVERYDAY LIFE. THE ONLY WAY PUBLICS CAN RECRUIT "LEGALLY" AS THESE SCHOOLS DO IS HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO, WHICH THEY SIMPLY DONT HAVE. OH DONT FORGET THEY MULIPLIER RULE THEY ALWAYS WILL POINT TO, YALL GOT MORE STUDENTS SO THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT, WHEN THEY"VE GONE "OUTSIDE THE LINES" WITH THEIR $$$. LITTLE ENGINE OR NOT DL WINS THE STATE THIS YEAR UNLESS ONE OF THE "REAL" LITTLE ENGINES STEPS UP= ONE OF MY FAV SONGS= "YOU NEVER CAN TELL" = ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT!!