Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Where is Coach McCurry now?...

p.s. I hope the Joslin thing has been shot down! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

THE SQUAD /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Mac is at Ripley Miss.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Mantooth was not let go....he left on his own accord to be an assistant principal. He was 2-3 vs Cookeville. Fact of the matter is this, FC has not made the playoffs the last two years and should have in this league. Coach Britton deserves another year but he did not take over a program that was in shambles. FC had been to the playoffs FIVE straight years. Oh, and Coach Mantooth beat Oakland, Lincoln Co (had Edmonds and those two monsters that went to Vandy), and WARREN CO. I don't think that Coach Britton has done that yet....but I may be wrong.

I also watch FC this year and was very impressed not with just the starters but the guys who came off the bench or different postion and picked up the slack because of injuries. The talent is there. QB single game record. WR single game catch record. RB single game rushing record. These are all school records I'm told. Not bad for a team the only won two games. Talk I heard was AD supports Coach Britton 100%. I'm not sure the support is there elsewhere. I hear they think he's a good guy and a good coach, BUT not a good Head Coach. Alot more to it then coaching the line.

I also watch FC this year and was very impressed not with just the starters but the guys who came off the bench or different postion and picked up the slack because of injuries. The talent is there. QB single game record. WR single game catch record. RB single game rushing record. These are all school records I'm told. Not bad for a team the only won two games. Talk I heard was AD supports Coach Britton 100%. I'm not sure the support is there elsewhere. I hear they think he's a good guy and a good coach, BUT not a good Head Coach. Alot more to it then coaching the line.

Gotta be real careful who he trusts in FC

shouldn't be to hard to find one most of the posters on here know all about coaching surely some of them will apply /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think Oakland will get a name coach when all is said and done.

2p can only hang on so long he needs a winner before he starts mumbling incoherently on here /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I tell people at Smyrna all the time NEVER take any of this for granted.

the list is 5-20 names long. the names will not be released.

And they should NOT be released as some that have applied may have trouble at their current job if the info went public. Not fair to the coaches if it was being released and it would cut down on some good men that would apply.

We can speculate on here until the cows come home, but it will come down to one or two folks who actually have the hiring authority that will make this decision. Like I said way early in this thread I do not see any decision being made until the playoffs are over. Applications may have been cut off but there is NO time limit to actually hire someone.

I agree with you LOD. I really didn't think about the distractions that would be caused on teams that are still playing ....to hear their coach was thinking about leaving. I can respect that. I am just anxious to get this process over with and get our players settled in. This has been so hush hush........never could believe so many mouths could be glued shut. hahahaha I am going to have to get by the next bball game and hang out at the concessions. You can pick up all kinds of info there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good gosh this thread got off track worse than some of the ones I used to be a part of..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Okay,I was told that yesterday was the cutoff to apply for the Oakland job and the Eagleville job. So.....does anyone have a list of either school's candidates?? I cannot confirm this by any person in authority, but was told that OHS had around 30 applications turned in and that a HC with a ring from a prestigious school in Williamson County was seen on campus. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hmmm, I wonder if its the same Will Co HC that insisted this year's football banquet must be in December instead of January like it usually is. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="