Gibbs coach hanging it up

littlemn88

So QBDad, it seems as though you are part of the hiring process. I know a few applicants, should they contact you for an interview? If so, how? How did your interview with Coach Jessie go? Were you impressed?

They probably will not start interviewing until after Christmas break, probably second week of January. As for Coach Jessie, all I have at this time is that he started teaching in 1999, and he is a PE teacher. I do have a phone number for him, and I will attempt to contact him maybe sometime this week without being too forward. I was trying to find out where he went to high school and college. Does anyone have that information.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not part of the hiring process. I have no say in the hiring process of any school. I doubt my input would make much difference anyway. I just know how the hiring process at Knox County goes. I have coached different sports for over 15 years, from 4 year olds through high school. (I have coached at several schools in three counties, including Knox, Union, and Sullivan) I know a great deal of the coaches. At present time, I am only a fan and I am a big football fan, and I truly enjoy high school football because the majority of the players play because they love the game not for money or fame. Unless you drop down to youth football, high school is the least corrupt level of any sport where the players are concerned. I know, as most everyone else, that politics do play a role in all levels of most sports, at varying degrees depending on the community, coach and the parents, but at this level (high school) the athletes are not a part of it. I am also interested in who is going to coach at Lenoir City, Union City, Spring Hill, and Soddy Daisy. Still waiting to hear if Coach Hammer at Rutledge is going to give it up or continue on as the coach of the Grizzley's at the new Grainger County High School. If Coach Householder retires after next season I will be interested in who is going to coach at Seymour. Good luck to all the applicants.

What history do show backlash, is that you can't spell, punctuate, or form a sentence correctly. Could your diploma be from Fulton? HA HA FUMBLE!!!

WOW!!!! that's good, look at him. He is so good. The way you use those big words, you must be proud. Are you a coach? Why do you & intheloop attack every blog that you disagree with. Tell me what you would like to see happen to the Gibbs program or are you satisfied with the way it is.

Buck will not leave fulton because he cannot take Bob and Robby Black with him.

Without them who would be doing the coaching.

Coatney I can kind of see leaving, but the day The Black's completely leave fulton, espicially if one transfers, is the day heck freezes over. I just dont see Fulton without a Black. Still no announcement, but the players that know about this are already talking.

Coatney I can kind of see leaving, but the day The Black's completely leave fulton, espicially if one transfers, is the day heck freezes over. I just dont see Fulton without a Black. Still no announcement, but the players that know about this are already talking.

If Coatney leaves Fulton would Robby be the next head coach. It would be great for the school and the kids because he is a first class person and a great coach. How long will Bob keep coaching he has been in this for a long time. I know he was coaching in the 60's I always told him as long as he was coaching I was not the oldest coach around. Bob has done alot for the kids in his time at Fulton and all over Knoxville he is a COACH to alot of us coaches. I wish the best to both Robby and Bob they teach more than football to the player, they teach Christ, to me this more important than any win. You are right I don't see them leaving Fulton that is what I was trying to say.

I am not real familiar with the Fulton or the Head Coach Coatney. But if I am not mistaken isn't he a graduate of Fulton? Haven't they been to the Finals the past 4 or 5 years? Why in the world would he leave an established program in which he has ties with to go to a program that isn't nearly as established? Doesn't rally make any sense for him to make that move. Matter in fact I don't see any established head Coach being interested in the Gibbs job.

WOW!!!! that's good, look at him. He is so good. The way you use those big words, you must be proud. Are you a coach? Why do you & intheloop attack every blog that you disagree with. Tell me what you would like to see happen to the Gibbs program or are you satisfied with the way it is.

I just don't understand why you think that if we hire a coach who is currently at Gibbs that the program will not change. I think that any of the assistants who are applying would be great.

I am not real familiar with the Fulton or the Head Coach Coatney. But if I am not mistaken isn't he a graduate of Fulton? Haven't they been to the Finals the past 4 or 5 years? Why in the world would he leave an established program in which he has ties with to go to a program that isn't nearly as established? Doesn't rally make any sense for him to make that move. Matter in fact I don't see any established head Coach being interested in the Gibbs job.

I agree. Why would he leave such a program? Someone told me that Coach Coatney lives in the Gibbs area. Maybe that's part of it. Robby Black would be a wonderful head coach - such an admirable man (great genetics!)

I just don't understand why you think that if we hire a coach who is currently at Gibbs that the program will not change. I think that any of the assistants who are applying would be great.

Coaches with-in the program are know by the parents and the community and they (the people) have form a like of dislike for that person. A new coach will need the support of the parents and the community to make this work. It is hard for a person on a staff of a program that has not been successful to take over the program. This does not mean they are not good coaches but it is a support thing. You don't need to start out as a head coach with some of the parents and some people in the community against you. It will take a few years to get this program where it should be and people will give a new person more time than they will someone who has been with the program. If one of the coaches that's on the staff gets the job and they lose the first game the people will start saying here we go same old thing as before. I hope Gibbs hires the best coach possible and I hope the people will get behind them and get this program up to where it should be. If I was a young coach I would love to have this job this community is growing and it will stay 3-A for one more classification than move up to 4-A so a coach will have four years to get this team ready. I could see Gibbs winning 6 or 7 games in the second year and 9 games the third year but next year will be about the same as this year maybe 4 or 5 wins.