Region 4-5A vs Region 3-5A

Otter

Some of you have this in separate spots on the board; here they are together.................POUNCE ON THIS! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Riverdale vs Warren County - WC has no chance

Smyrna vs Cookeville - Cookeville is probably best team in region 3 and does well this time of year; they will have to neutralize the Gray-Wilkes show; which is a tough task. Neither Riverdale or Wilson Central could do this and I do not think that Cookeville will either - got to go with Smyrna.

Wilson Central vs Coffee Co. - This might be Region 3's best chance for a win...........if CC offense can ball-control and keep speedy cats off the field. Last game was big win for WC and it could have been worse. WC has some nicks and bruised (I understand); so this might be the best game - still have to go with the speed; so WC will prevail and rematch with Riverdale.

Lebanon vs Lincoln County - IF Lebanon wants to play then LC will have a tough go because they do not match up well with Lebanon. Both team are big and strong, but Lebanon has way more speed. This one will depend on the Devils mental state. I cannot pick this one!

other thoughts??

toga-toga

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you have this in separate spots on the board; here they are together.................POUNCE ON THIS! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Smyrna vs Cookeville - Cookeville is probably best team in region 3 and does well this time of year; they will have to neutralize the Gray-Wilkes show; which is a tough task. Neither Riverdale or Wilson Central could do this and I do not think that Cookeville will either - got to go with Smyrna.

Wilson Central vs Coffee Co. - This might be Region 3's best chance for a win...........if CC offense can ball-control and keep speedy cats off the field. Last game was big win for WC and it could have been worse. WC has some nicks and bruised (I understand); so this might be the best game - still have to go with the speed; so WC will prevail and rematch with Riverdale.

Lebanon vs Lincoln County - IF Lebanon wants to play then LC will have a tough go because they do not match up well with Lebanon. Both team are big and strong, but Lebanon has way more speed. This one will depend on the Devils mental state. I cannot pick this one!

other thoughts??

toga-toga

The one thing I have seen over the last few years that Region 4 has over Region 3 is SPEED both on offense and defense. That is one of the things a team MUST have to make it in Region 4 period.

As to the Lebanon vs LC county game it will depend on a couple of things in the 'if' catagory.

1. 'If' LC has the fan support they have shown in the past. And 'if' their QB is back playing up to speed.

2. 'IF' Lebanon plays like it did against Smyrna. QB availability has alot to do with this.

3. 'If' Lebanon's fans travel and give the players the support they deserve will be interesting to see.

This game to me is a coin flip either way.

Also know that Smyrna DOES have a running game when their line is stronger than their opposition.

WC has a pretty good team also so I would NOT count them out. Big intangible here is if they get their RB going in this game. R'dale neutralized him in their game and it showed.

you know sometimes i feel bad for region 3 every year they go against region 4 in the playoffs...cause none of thier teams come out on top its always us....maybe thats why region 4 is the best region in the state, huh?....or its cause we play to the end and never get up and get in your face......no offence region 3..yall are good...but not good enough

you know sometimes i feel bad for region 3 every year they go against region 4 in the playoffs...cause none of thier teams come out on top its always us....maybe thats why region 4 is the best region in the state, huh?....or its cause we play to the end and never get up and get in your face......no offence region 3..yall are good...but not good enough

riverdale met a tough cookville team round 3 in 2005 after they had knocked off lavergne and lebanon (i think). riverdale had knocked off franklin co. and smyrna coming into that game

riverdale met a tough cookville team round 3 in 2005 after they had knocked off lavergne and lebanon (i think). riverdale had knocked off franklin co. and smyrna coming into that game

yeah...they were good and last time we played cookville 5 years ago they beat us by i think 2 td's..might be a little more.....but this year region 4 has a good record so far....and i know smyrna wants to play yall again in round 3....so thats why i think we'll pull the win...yall are gonna blow through warren county.....the only team im worried about is lebanon....they barley made it in the playoffs.....they could possibley lose...know what i mean

That WAS a tough game. Cookeville always seems to step up in the playoffs. Especially against Region 4. Part of the injuries the team suffered there hurt us the next week against Oak Ridge also. They may not beat you, but your body will feel it!

That WAS a tough game. Cookeville always seems to step up in the playoffs. Especially against Region 4. Part of the injuries the team suffered there hurt us the next week against Oak Ridge also. They may not beat you, but your body will feel it!

Very tough game and also in 2004 they played us tough if I recall right that score was 28-7 one of the closer games we had that year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah from all the talk im hearing sounds like it...luckily we dont play yall week 2..lol...as long as noone gets hurt im cool with it....yall excpecting a tough game from WC

Nobody in Region 3 has a chance. Just go ahead and say it... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Region 4 is the nucleus of high school football.....yeah, we know......

Actually Region 3 could be as good or better 'if' they did some things that Region 4 has already done.

First is a really tough weight program EVERYDAY in a special PE class just for football players.

Second is depth. Large teams provide more talent so a good team is not worn out in the second half.

Third is SPEED! It CAN be taught. Just ask ANY GOOD track coach. This also goes hand in hand with reason 2.

Fourth is what some like CC has done this year and that is play tougher opponents in their out of region games.

Region 3 DOES have some things that are actually better than Region 4 due to their 'country' nature. First and foremost is 'community' support. With the lack of compitition for ad dollars in a county more funds for the team can be raised for necessary things. A prime example is LC's program. When I bought it at a game it was a virtual yellow book of buisnesses in LC and beyond. Also look at their home gates as almost everybody turns out for Friday night football in towns there. Tullahoma is a prime example. Took over an hour for me to buy a ticket there to watch them play FC last year. These things are what have attracted some Coaches from Region 4 to move there to Coach. Coach Britton at FC is a prime example. Coach at Cookeville also! Petty politics though have also driven some good Coaches out of the Region so that is something Y'ALL have to change. We can't help you with that.

other thoughts??

toga-toga

These games could very well go down to the wire, except for Riverdale-Warren County. My picks are Riverdale, Smyrna, Wilson Central, and Lebanon advancing to the next round. Region 4-5A sweep.