Cane Ridge

Croach

Just curious because you hit the nail on the head. I was coach at Hillsboro and Antioch and know how metro is. I'm like you ,I do not see it getting better. Sad for the coaches and players.That is why I'm not sure Abner will want Cane Ridge even if he has the choice.

The only thing that Cane Ridge has going for it is that it will have more athletes in the zone than Glencliff. GA is a good coach, but has almost no athletes to work with. Its not like a McGavock where the best athletes are walking the halls, at Glencliff, the best athletes don't even know what American football is.

Until Metro runs itself, it will continue to be a failure. Too many special interest groups and civil rights groups with interests other than quality education are calling the shots and have killed the district. On the national scene, Nashville public schools are a joke. You've had your boss for 6 years now, 4 of those years is documented to have shown no improvement and has actually gotten worse, and yet you have kept him. How sad for the kids. Metro schools has less than half the public school kids as comparable sized cities. In the late 60's and early 70's Nashville had over 95,000 students. Since then, nashville has doubled in population and the public schools only serve 75,000 students. What a failure.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that Cane Ridge has going for it is that it will have more athletes in the zone than Glencliff. GA is a good coach, but has almost no athletes to work with. Its not like a McGavock where the best athletes are walking the halls, at Glencliff, the best athletes don't even know what American football is. Until Metro runs itself, it will continue to be a failure. Too many special interest groups and civil rights groups with interests other than quality education are calling the shots and have killed the district. On the national scene, Nashville public schools are a joke. You've had your boss for 6 years now, 4 of those years is documented to have shown no improvement and has actually gotten worse, and yet you have kept him. How sad for the kids. Metro schools has less than half the public school kids as comparable sized cities. In the late 60's and early 70's Nashville had over 95,000 students. Since then, nashville has doubled in population and the public schools only serve 75,000 students. What a failure.

I am in Williamson County now and the difference in this county is amazing. Keep the posts coming ,I enjoy your insights and truthfulness.

The only thing that Cane Ridge has going for it is that it will have more athletes in the zone than Glencliff. GA is a good coach, but has almost no athletes to work with. Its not like a McGavock where the best athletes are walking the halls, at Glencliff, the best athletes don't even know what American football is. Until Metro runs itself, it will continue to be a failure. Too many special interest groups and civil rights groups with interests other than quality education are calling the shots and have killed the district. On the national scene, Nashville public schools are a joke. You've had your boss for 6 years now, 4 of those years is documented to have shown no improvement and has actually gotten worse, and yet you have kept him. How sad for the kids. Metro schools has less than half the public school kids as comparable sized cities. In the late 60's and early 70's Nashville had over 95,000 students. Since then, nashville has doubled in population and the public schools only serve 75,000 students. What a failure.

I am in Williamson County now and the difference in this county is amazing. Keep the posts coming ,I enjoy your insights and truthfulness.

The only thing that Cane Ridge has going for it is that it will have more athletes in the zone than Glencliff. GA is a good coach, but has almost no athletes to work with. Its not like a McGavock where the best athletes are walking the halls, at Glencliff, the best athletes don't even know what American football is.

Until Metro runs itself, it will continue to be a failure. Too many special interest groups and civil rights groups with interests other than quality education are calling the shots and have killed the district. On the national scene, Nashville public schools are a joke. You've had your boss for 6 years now, 4 of those years is documented to have shown no improvement and has actually gotten worse, and yet you have kept him. How sad for the kids. Metro schools has less than half the public school kids as comparable sized cities. In the late 60's and early 70's Nashville had over 95,000 students. Since then, nashville has doubled in population and the public schools only serve 75,000 students. What a failure.

Oh but Pedro says everything is great!..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THE SQUAD /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Metro schools will continue to falter. Socioeconomic status isn't all of the problems. The comprehensive schools is the problem. The big High Schools have killed sports. There would be so much Pride in A Donelson HS, Dupont/Old Hickory HS, Madison HS, Pearl HS, and Cameron and so on. For anybody questioning socioeconomic status look at how much pride is still shown by Cameron and Pearl Alumni. Cameron has a website, with tons of information on class reunions, championship teams, etc and has been closed for over 20 yrs. Currently kids in JC Napier housing projects aren't even zoned to cameron ms(they can walk across the street to cameron), they are zoned to donelson ms(who coincidently went 5-1 in middle school football and cameron is horrible), then the kids go to McGavock. Terrible zoning in Metro.......................Mose Phillips has to drive an activity bus to get his kids to and from practice at Hillwood. So guess what none of those parents probably come to any games or are involved with the school in any capacity. I could go on and on. Metro needs to admit the zoning is flawed. Smaller HS's are needed. The mcgavock cluster should be broken down with another HS. Just my thoughts............

I am in Williamson County now and the difference in this county is amazing. Keep the posts coming ,I enjoy your insights and truthfulness.I am in Williamson County now and the difference in this county is amazing. Keep the posts coming ,I enjoy your insights and truthfulness.

You are in a great school district. Your Superintendent is well thought of and respected. I've got few friends there. Don't let the local politicians run her out. I've heard they may try it soon.

That points to another example of why metro is such a failure. Metro is documented to be failing and they are keeping their director. Williamson is the tops in the state and there ore rumblings of getting rid of yours. Your Director got Williamson back on track after your last couple of directors almost derailed your district, but because of politics, they want to get rid of her. Metro's director almost single handedly derailed a possibly good district and they renew his contract.

If you are a coach, be careful about the Canr Ridge job. You know what goes on in metro. Dont be lured by the newness of a predestined failing school.

Oh but Pedro says everything is great!..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

THE SQUAD /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Apparently the day they taught the word "great" in class, he missed the translation. Same goes for the word "success." His use and understanding of the word don't coincide with the actual english definition.

Metro has found a "great" way to ruin public education. They have had "great success" at it.

You are in a great school district. Your Superintendent is well thought of and respected. I've got few friends there. Don't let the local politicians run her out. I've heard they may try it soon.

That points to another example of why metro is such a failure. Metro is documented to be failing and they are keeping their director. Williamson is the tops in the state and there ore rumblings of getting rid of yours. Your Director got Williamson back on track after your last couple of directors almost derailed your district, but because of politics, they want to get rid of her. Metro's director almost single handedly derailed a possibly good district and they renew his contract.

If you are a coach, be careful about the Canr Ridge job. You know what goes on in metro. Dont be lured by the newness of a predestined failing school.

NO WAY, I retired from metro after 34 years,and will stay where I am at. It is a good school system and hope it stays that way. I coached at Antioch when it first opened and it was a tough job. The kids were great that played football , it was all the other stuff that made it difficult. There will be plenty of guys who want to coach so bad that it will not matter, and will apply. I do not think Abner will go , I think he wants to go somewhere it can be better, even as an assistant.

NO WAY, I retired from metro after 34 years,and will stay where I am at. It is a good school system and hope it stays that way. I coached at Antioch when it first opened and it was a tough job. The kids were great that played football , it was all the other stuff that made it difficult. There will be plenty of guys who want to coach so bad that it will not matter, and will apply. I do not think Abner will go , I think he wants to go somewhere it can be better, even as an assistant.

I'm sure we have crossed paths at some time.

Abner has a pretty good situation where he is. Lots of friends, no real pressure, no visions of grandeur. Cane Ridge will have the expectation of wins, without the understanding of why it won't happen. But who knows what he will do. He's a good young coach.

I'm sure we have crossed paths at some time.

Abner has a pretty good situation where he is. Lots of friends, no real pressure, no visions of grandeur. Cane Ridge will have the expectation of wins, without the understanding of why it won't happen. But who knows what he will do. He's a good young coach.

My name is Buddy Brown, I have no problem with people knowing who I am. I understand your reason for being secret. Have we met?

Guest workinprogress

There still are a lot of great kids over there. Mike Woodward and his staff should be commended for the job they have done the past two years. All of the other "stuff" is everywhere in metro and probably a lot of other places to. You just have to wake up every morning and tell yourself that you love your job and you love what you do for the kids and not worry about the other stuff. You're right about there being plenty of coaches who want a shot and it wont matter so they'll apply. Maybe if "things" work out I will be able to apply as an assistant somewhere maybe even Cane Ridge. It should be interesting to see who gets the head job. When will they start interviews for this job. I would think that it would be some time soon.

There still are a lot of great kids over there. Mike Woodward and his staff should be commended for the job they have done the past two years. All of the other "stuff" is everywhere in metro and probably a lot of other places to. You just have to wake up every morning and tell yourself that you love your job and you love what you do for the kids and not worry about the other stuff. You're right about there being plenty of coaches who want a shot and it wont matter so they'll apply. Maybe if "things" work out I will be able to apply as an assistant somewhere maybe even Cane Ridge. It should be interesting to see who gets the head job. When will they start interviews for this job. I would think that it would be some time soon.

Yes he does and they should be commended as some other coaching staffs in metro. There are some good things happening in metro athletics, I think the basis for all the posts have been to talk about how difficult it is and how we wish it could be better. Attitude is so important in anything you do and you are so right. Knowing metro you never no about naming a coach, remember, 5 down 5 across and ssdd.