Cane Ridge

Croach

Coach,

You're one of the best candidates out there. The absolute best candidate would probably be coaching about 1.4 miles away, but that might be career suicide for Mike Woodward to make that move (even though I think CRHS may end up being a better job long-term than AHS). What about Steve Carson down at Smyrna? He's a guy that is 8 minutes down I-24 and has paid his dues and won big as an assistant. Eric Felts is a natural fit at that place, due to his AHS ties, if he would want it. I'd take either Deadman or Jennings off of Wilson Central's staff, those guys have played good defense for several years. Chad Kirby at Ravenwood is going to be a great head coach for somebody soon, why not ten minutes away at CRHS. I've already thrown out the Terry Anderson setting things up and handing the baton to Trent angle 3-4 years down the road, but there may be some nepotism laws against that, I don't know. But I think Trent could be a good one soon.

I really think the Cane Ridge job is one of those that might be that perfect job, if set up correctly. The economics and zoning are favorable. The neighborhood is growing rapidly west of I-24 and south of Bell. And CR is probably not going to have some of the issues that AHS has. I look at this as a quasi-Metro job. Yeah, its a Metro job, but its probably closer, socially, to Ravenwood and LaVergne, its two connecting zones other than AHS. Just my opinion.

I have a feeling that four coaches from a middle tennessee school will be going to Cane Ridge. Threr deffense will be outstanding and there baseball will get some help also. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Abner the only Metro coach being considered for this position. Who are some good coaches in Metro that would and should be considered? Will this job go a coach already in Metro or outside. Metro has a history of staying in Metro. Any strong assistants or should it be a current head coach? Why would any coach in Middle Tennessee want to come to Metro anyway, not as good as it used to be.

Guest workinprogress

I have a feeling that four coaches from a middle tennessee school will be going to Cane Ridge. Threr deffense will be outstanding and there baseball will get some help also. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Who do you think it will be then? I dont think Bubba or Curry want a head position but who knows. I still say Abner has the right connection if he wants it but there could be some big names applying. Then again it could be that Metro stays in Metro and it will be up for grabs. How about Ralph Thompson from Maplewood. Someone said he applied for La Vergne when it was open. This would be just down the road. When will the interviews start?

Would these guys be coaching a a 5A team outside of Davidson County that is still playing? One of those guys at the school I'm talking about, with his baseball background and Antioch roots would be a natural fit. And their defensive staff is second to none!

Ask yourself one question: Would any of the coaches being tossed around be hired by one of the 5A mid-state schools or D2 Super 7 Schools as their head coach? Why not seek out the best coach in the USA and go after them? If the man can't win and go deep into the playoffs at his present school why would Cane Ridge want to hire them?