Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

I just try to be honest and respectful. None of us has anyway of knowing whats going to happen in this ballgame, Thats why I bring up the comparisons, but that don't always work out either. Both of these teams are well coached and more importantly ,they are being taught some lifes lessons along the way. I like the motto of Pride 'Class and character. Isaw it in you're team when we were down there earlier in the year. Thats the tpye of kids I pull for .These Hampton kids are very good examples of these same qualities.Winning and losing is not what its cracked up to be. Sure everyone wants to win every game ,but the important things to me is more about how each kid and Coach prepares these kids to be winners. There are winners on every losing team and visa ,versa. A winner is someone who gives it their all to be the best they can be, its not just about Friday night, this happens in the course of a lifetime. Another very important element is after you do everything in your power to be the best you can be,is stop and thank the Good Lord for the ability he has allowed you to have. We are not self made creatures. If you are able to win ,do it with class, if you lose ,do it with everything you've got and walk off that field with you're head up knowing you gave it your all. Thats the thing I've always tried to stress to any team I've been associated with ,is prepare yourself to be the best you can be as individuals ,so your team can be the best they can be come game time.Then learn to be mentally and phyically prepared to give it everything you've got on every single play. Thats the only requirement to being a winner. I hate to see these kids from either side with broken hearts when they come up short, its usually the winners that it hurts the worst. In my book,they are still winners. GOOOOOOOOOOBULLDOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I really haven't thought about it that much, but Unaka never really threaten the Indian endzone last week, did they? I'm not poor mouthing them, it just seemed like the Lambo D slammed the door shut pretty regularly. I remember Unaka completed one long pass (actually maybe 2), and Lambert when stormin' like an out of control tea kettle! That got shut down quick, too. I don't have or know any of the official stats, but I would say the D was extremely dominant. Of course, being an old bird, I could be way off base. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I don't think I was ever concerned about Unaka scoring which is pretty unusual. (isn't it) With all the spread action offenses going in style and spreading the field out, seems to favor offenses doesn't it. Not on Lambert's watch apparently.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know I really haven't thought about it that much, but Unaka never really threaten the Indian endzone last week, did they? I'm not poor mouthing them, it just seemed like the Lambo D slammed the door shut pretty regularly. I remember Unaka completed one long pass (actually maybe 2), and Lambert when stormin' like an out of control tea kettle! That got shut down quick, too. I don't have or know any of the official stats, but I would say the D was extremely dominant. Of course, being an old bird, I could be way off base. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I don't think I was ever concerned about Unaka scoring which is pretty unusual. (isn't it) With all the spread action offenses going in style and spreading the field out, seems to favor offenses doesn't it. Not on Lambert's watch apparently.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Defense is Oneida;s strength, Offense has been Unaka;s wakness all season. Didn't surprise me a bit. I also think that Hampton's defense has been ahead of their offense up until the last few weeks, the offense has really picked it up, several new weapons in the arsenal. These kids are learning and you just never know who's going to come up with a big play. Its beginning to look like a well oiled machine on both sides.

i think it'll come to a shafer kick at the end of the game sounds dramatic but it was this close last time why not this time, and the defense for oneida looks really strong with the woodard brother's out there

onedia 17

hampton 14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

cause TL aint letting anybody score more than 3 TD's on him anytime soon

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA you made my day, thanks for the laughs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As a fellow alumni from Oneida... I love to go back and see they guys play... It stinks to hear about Torrey going out last week... I wish I could come back more and watch them play... TL and his coaching staff have turned this team into an incredible bunch of young men... Coach Wright is my uncle and I love seeing him back out on that field... As for the game this week... TL and the staff will have them ready... With Slaven out and a QB who knows what he's doing coming in... it will still be closer than what people think... I just am afraid that the Big Orange won't have enough weapons to fire...

Hampton- 28

Oneida- 14

Oneida beats them 27-0 and Hampton wins 40-0. No big suprise they couldn't score. They have had their offense screwed up since last year, its the coaches fault. If Oneida wouldn't have struggled, and by that I mean you score 2 TD's in the 4th to win 27-0. I just think it is going to shock some people at how fast this will get out of hand.

Oneida beats them 27-0 and Hampton wins 40-0. No big suprise they couldn't score. They have had their offense screwed up since last year, its the coaches fault. If Oneida wouldn't have struggled, and by that I mean you score 2 TD's in the 4th to win 27-0. I just think it is going to shock some people at how fast this will get out of hand.

Hampton's starters were out against Unaka with 2 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter too...