William Blount at Bearden

jethro

Owlfanatic ... Im still tryin to figure out how you could say anyone could beat bearden easily. 35-0 and under 100 yards from the "intimidating" owl offense. The marshall kid had 10 yards on 11 carries. I feel like it was a little more than just giving bearden the win with stupid mistakes. But thats just my opinion

I agree. I think this game is a toss up. And you're right, Bearden beat Ootlewah worse than WB and during the WB game Ootlewah was at the height of distraction. It will be no cake walk for either team. Good Luck to both teams with no injuries..

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you said on another post ,that Bearden would be the first team out.Just like you said OR would beat DB.Have you found any friends yet,since last baseball season?

I did say that I thought Bearden would be the first team to lose and I did predict Oak Ridge to beat DB. What is your point? The DB/OR game has nothing to do with this one, did you miss the part in a thread where I said Oak Ridge had a very good chance of losing as well?. I don't really care if I stink at picking the winner of games between teams I haven't seen play...... Am I not allowed to pick Bearden to win just because I said they would lose last week?

Owlfanatic ... Im still tryin to figure out how you could say anyone could beat bearden easily. 35-0 and under 100 yards from the "intimidating" owl offense. The marshall kid had 10 yards on 11 carries. I feel like it was a little more than just giving bearden the win with stupid mistakes. But thats just my opinion

I meant no offense to Bearden whatsoever. I have given much credit to the Bearden team, fans, etc. However, if you were at the game, you know that the OWLS gave away alot of it to their own mistakes. How can you have two punts in the first quarter and let the other team recover! It was POOR playing by the Owls. The Owls were flat last night to say the least. Bearden was awesome, so don't take what I said so literally. I'm not sure we could have beaten them even if we played our normal game, but we definitely HELPED get the momentum going in your way. You took control of the game and did your job. That's what being a good team is all about. I still beleive in my heart, that if the first quarter of the game would have been different, the outcome of the game would have been different. We may not have won, but it would have been close. The Owls could not find what they needed to "pick themselves up" and get the job done. But none of that matters, Bearden won and the Owls Season is over. Again, CONGRATULATIONS Bearden!

My comment about WB is my opinion. I've seen both teams play; they are both physical and have a few key players on both teams that are excellent additions to their team, "playmakers" so to speak. My OPINION is that WB is the better team of the two. If WB comes out and scores first, Bearden will not be able to ever get the lead.

Of course WB is a rival for Ooltewah, but I still have to pull for them because they are a Region 2 team, and I hope they make it all the way to the finals

I meant no offense to Bearden whatsoever. I have given much credit to the Bearden team, fans, etc. However, if you were at the game, you know that the OWLS gave away alot of it to their own mistakes. How can you have two punts in the first quarter and let the other team recover! It was POOR playing by the Owls. The Owls were flat last night to say the least. Bearden was awesome, so don't take what I said so literally. I'm not sure we could have beaten them even if we played our normal game, but we definitely HELPED get the momentum going in your way. You took control of the game and did your job. That's what being a good team is all about. I still beleive in my heart, that if the first quarter of the game would have been different, the outcome of the game would have been different. We may not have won, but it would have been close. The Owls could not find what they needed to "pick themselves up" and get the job done. But none of that matters, Bearden won and the Owls Season is over. Again, CONGRATULATIONS Bearden!

My comment about WB is my opinion. I've seen both teams play; they are both physical and have a few key players on both teams that are excellent additions to their team, "playmakers" so to speak. My OPINION is that WB is the better team of the two. If WB comes out and scores first, Bearden will not be able to ever get the lead.

Of course WB is a rival for Ooltewah, but I still have to pull for them because they are a Region 2 team, and I hope they make it all the way to the finals

It was 0-0 at the end of the first, so how different woul you want it?

This is going to be a great game pitting the #5 & #6 teams in the state. To be the best you gotta beat the best, Bearden & WB are without a doubt two of the best in the state this year. Im just afraid that the winner might be too banged up afterward to go any farther.

well here is my two cents. its hard to play at bearden. i remember playing there in 00'. yea bearden has been through alot and one hates to hear what happened.. it should be a good game. i see people on here posting stats and things about how they have allowed 10 points in like 20 qtrs and INT's and rushing yards.. well yes that is great and they deserve the credit for all of that. quite a resume if i say so my self.... however it does not matter anymore... govs this week you have to play lights out and lay everything you got on the line.... like TB said in the paper, your playing for more than your team and yourself.. you guys are playing for every WB football grad and anyone who has anything to do with that school. your team is special... all of us want you to bring this home.. players just ask your two freshman coaches who played at WB with me.. they will tell you what it means to them... remember do not, i repeat do not make this your last, you will never forget it... get focused this week.. i realize that you really hadnt had to in the past 3 weeks, i was the same way... dont let it slip away... defense hit them in the mouth and shut them out... offense get the ball and on the first drive score, get the ball back and score some more. like the old coach used to say stick the daggar in their heart and then twist it all the way around....... we are behind everyone of ya.... good luck boys.....

Dude , i am so tired of listening to you, i was at the game, and all i saw was one team that was much better than the other. Ooltewah would not have won this game under no circumstances, this was a beaten. and this just in bearden caused those stupid turnover and mistake you are talking about. beardens defense will be better than anyone blount has seen all year.

Dude , i am so tired of listening to you, i was at the game, and all i saw was one team that was much better than the other. Ooltewah would not have won this game under no circumstances, this was a beaten. and this just in bearden caused those stupid turnover and mistake you are talking about. beardens defense will be better than anyone blount has seen all year.

yea man your right maryville and farraguts defense's are horrible.... i dont know how we scored on them...

Bearden has played two good teams this season...escaping at Dobyns-Bennett and losing to Farragut. If I'm not mistaken...William Blount has the same W/L % with those opponents...with the Governors actually scoring in regulation against Dobyns-Bennett...24 points to be exact. Bearden- I'd worry about your offense before you worry about ours /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bearden has played two good teams this season...escaping at Dobyns-Bennett and losing to Farragut. If I'm not mistaken...William Blount has the same W/L % with those opponents...with the Governors actually scoring in regulation against Dobyns-Bennett...24 points to be exact. Bearden- I'd worry about your offense before you worry about ours /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WELL SAID

Bearden has a very good football team this year. It is one of the best that they have had in many years. The Goveners will have a tuff time handling that bulldog defense they have a good d-line and secondary. Although

theyre linebackers are a little weaker than the rest of the defense. But i have to say that Beardan's offense isnt

that great either, so really it is going to be a pretty even matchup.

Bearden 21

Blount 17

Can you not accept a compliment? I said you guys were awesome. I said you got the job done, we didn't. I also said I didn't think we would have won the game but that it would have been closer. I was not taking anything away from your performance, simply pointing out our mistakes. That was not our typical team last night, but it does not matter. The better team won, don't be offended by my pointing out OUR mistakes.

Also, to the earlier poster(coach1076) I should have said at half time instead of 1st quarter, my bad, and my apologies.

Anyway, Good Luck Bearden and again CONGRATULATIONS on your victory.

DB has a great defense, Farraguts has a very average defense. They only win because of their running game "Sterling" But I saw one WB game this year & your defense is tough. I was very surprised to hear that Farragut scored that many points on you guys in regulation especially. They only scored 21 on Beardens D in regulation. 35 after 2 OTs