Henry County vs Fairley

Red Dawn

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the poem, however, I remember when this was a football thread and the topic was football, it has been depressing the past two home games at Patriot stadium as the crowd has been sparse. ALl I have read this week is about bands and Hank,

I personally will take randy long on his mega horn and the Patriots thumping whoever is across the field from them but all this talk about bands this week makes me wonder what kind of football fans we have on here.

I can assure you one thing, that without the football game, none of this other crap wouuld be happening. THere is a 10-1 Henry county football team playing tonight and people are more concerned with whether or not the Fairley band is going to be in Paris tonight, go rent drum line an watch it, crank your radio up if loud music is what you want, but please stop begging for an opponents band to appear, it makes me sick because when I moved here, people told me it was a football town, we made the state semifinals last year and oh what an atmosphere, the crowd was just as it should be, (after some prodding by a sports writer in the local paper). I was told this summer that if we had a team that was to win all seasonlong that the crowds would be even larger, it seems as if the more we win the less the crowd is. I am starting to think what we have in Paris is a bunch of flute players.

Wow, Prophet, I didn't mean to open a can of worms! Just trying to stimulate some interest and set the stage for the Yanker's visit.This about the bands and then I'll say no more: Many years ago when I was paying,the sound of the Fight Song gave me gooseflesh and it still does today, some 40 plus years later. Don't try to tell me that a band doesn't contribute to all that is Friday Night Football.

GO BIG RED

Wow, Prophet, I didn't mean to open a can of worms! Just trying to stimulate some interest and set the stage for the Yanker's visit.This about the bands and then I'll say no more: Many years ago when I was paying,the sound of the Fight Song gave me gooseflesh and it still does today, some 40 plus years later. Don't try to tell me that a band doesn't contribute to all that is Friday Night Football.

GO BIG RED

I love what a good band adds to the atmosphere but I do not like talk about the bands dominating the chatter on a football forum.

Fairley Band AWESOME!! HC FOOTBALL WIN AWESOME> But one question. Why does our secondary play so soft? Thought we played a great game offensively. Still don't know what happened on the first play of the game would love to see it on replay. But defense gave up too many big plays. Scary!! Also what was the bogus rekick call? The player caught and dropped the ball and we recovered. How is that a rekick? Anyway. Good Luck next week. A strong HC offense against an equally strong Melrose defense. I think they have only surrendered 50 pts all year? WOW!!! Should be a real test for our offense but a great challenge to look forward to next week!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />