FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

congrats pirates on a well played game.. and a awesome coaching staff.. to FCS wow, what a huge team... and rickaway is a man... but you just cant do anything with this much speed. but i wanna touch on something no one else seem's too. we are a undersized line to say the least.. but pound for pound and heart for heart spitt's line is the strongest line ive seen in awhile...they dominated... and as for our backfield.. we enough said...Zone yell at me next week ill buy @ halftime... i sat next to a gentleman that came down from hixson just to watch. he said he had been reading about spitt and wanted to judge for himself... he said and i quote " what they say is true wow" ..I am so glad that Gordonsville won, now it's time for redemption... oh yea Zone that youngun of yours is throwing alot better.... get him some peanut butter though lol....

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zone, email me with what was said. Just curious. And if it was anything regarding us going for the TD pass after we recovered the fumble, well, this is the playoffs! It is time to leave it all on the field!!! It could be why many TC fans don't like him!

Yeah, I listened to a little bit of the Lebanon radio coach's show this AM.

Coach Mac / FCS was crying about SP running up the score. I always thought

that was the D's job...oh, well!

Yeah, I listened to a little bit of the Lebanon radio coach's show this AM.

Coach Mac / FCS was crying about SP running up the score. I always thought

that was the D's job...oh, well!

I heard what he said and it didnt sound like "crying" to me. I think maybe if you want to put a post like that on here you should tell everything Coach Mac said. For example, his quote about that in all his years of coaching at Goodpasture, Lipscomb and FCS that he doesnt ever remember playing an opponent with that many talented athletes on the field at once. He went on to say that there is no doubt S Pitt was the better team. He commented that he thought we moved the ball well but just couldnt score.

As for the "crying" you are talking about, his comment was yes S Pitt was throwing fades when they were up 42 and if thats how you want to play then fine, work on what you feel you need to work on but his position has always been that he felt he would have a hard time looking himself in the mirror if one of his guys was hurt late in the game with the game in hand. He went on to say that he and Coach Perry from Mt Juliet had just talked about that and both agreed on that point.

I felt it was a very gracious talk by the coach of his team after they had been beaten the night before by a better opponent.

I heard what he said and it didnt sound like "crying" to me. I think maybe if you want to put a post like that on here you should tell everything Coach Mac said. For example, his quote about that in all his years of coaching at Goodpasture, Lipscomb and FCS that he doesnt ever remember playing an opponent with that many talented athletes on the field at once. He went on to say that there is no doubt S Pitt was the better team. He commented that he thought we moved the ball well but just couldnt score.

As for the "crying" you are talking about, his comment was yes S Pitt was throwing fades when they were up 42 and if thats how you want to play then fine, work on what you feel you need to work on but his position has always been that he felt he would have a hard time looking himself in the mirror if one of his guys was hurt late in the game with the game in hand. He went on to say that he and Coach Perry from Mt Juliet had just talked about that and both agreed on that point.

I felt it was a very gracious talk by the coach of his team after they had been beaten the night before by a better opponent.

You know, when it is your seniors putting up the numbers, then by all means let them. This is it for most of them then it is "welcome to the real world" kind of life. I am a fair coach, and understand not running up the score, but this is the PLAYOFFS. If you can't handle it in the playoffs then quit playing football. Anyways, SP has heard this same story all year, and once again, if you can't stop the run, then it is not the players fault. If they see daylight, you better believe our guys are gonna take it the house! You know, I used to respect FCS, and I hated TC, but this year, the guys from TC have my respect. TC played all 4 quarters. FCS was done at half-time. Those TC players will win region 4 the next 2 years. Good Luck playing them.

If I remember correctly, Grunt is from TC. We have to cut him some slack. It is tough to go out in the first round. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Volsguy...no you weren't the one crying...not directed at you.

Possumtowner...as I said, my impression, I'm sure perspective is different.

PB&J..definitely from TC...don't require any slack...yep, it's tough to go out

in Rd. 1, but I'm not complaining..we lost to a better team.

Didn't get blown out though....see ya @ SP next week to support G-ville.

No crying now boys /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> SP is GOOD, we didn't have any speed that was even close to matching up with them. We had some boys to play hard, and we had some boys that could have played harder. My hats off to the boys in green that played hard through the whole game! Leadership comes from the heart on the field & building each other up, not from running your mouth to your team mates on the sidelines. Got some boys that have not learned that lesson yet.

Bottom line is that SP was the better team & I can't imagine ANYONE here that could argue that one. SP ball team is certainly Golden Ball material & I'll be surprised if they DONT win the prize. Best of luck to a great group of athlets down there in SP! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Too many weapons, GREAT game #24, #21, & #5, the lineman were tough, just a good all around ball team /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sayin that SP wasn't the better team. Im proud of the boys that played this year and im lookin forward to next year as well. The seniors this year were a great group of guys. ALOT OF HEART. Maybe the Juniors can carry that attitude forward. It was a tough year with injuries all year long.

What I was sayin is that Coach Mac has ran his mouth off about some other coaches this year. Plus, constantly all year on 3rd & 10's, 2nd & 15's, 3rd & lets just say LONG, he would call QB draws or sneaks. Just some questionable play-calling it seemed like most of the year. Like at SP, trailing 34-7 with only 0:05 on the clock, he trys for a field goal that I believe was like a 40-yard attempt. Baker, the kicker, has never made one that long and it wasn't close. (I'm not trying to bash the kicker I'm just stating the facts). Trailing by 4 touchdowns and a team as explosive as South Pitt, you can't settle for a long attempt at 3 points when it virtually does nothin' for you. Even if the kick would've been good, it would still be a 4 possession game. At when South Pitt scored on every possession, he should've noticed that the boys in green couldn't stop the Pirates and made adjustments. Strange game plan + strange play callin'= season over.

Congrats on a good season though to those seniors. I hate to see them watch their highschool football career end on a mercy-rule blowout. I really felt for them. Although, some may still play at the next level. I've heard Jeremy Rickaway (#32) has Vandy lookin at him to play football, and GL Waynick (#63) has some schools looking at him for football, wrestling, and baseball. Even though he was hurt most of his senior year, Bryant Alsup (#12) has some schools interested in his baseball and football skills. Good luck to all of these guys and the rest of the seniors. We'll miss you!

You know, when it is your seniors putting up the numbers, then by all means let them. This is it for most of them then it is "welcome to the real world" kind of life. I am a fair coach, and understand not running up the score, but this is the PLAYOFFS. If you can't handle it in the playoffs then quit playing football. Anyways, SP has heard this same story all year, and once again, if you can't stop the run, then it is not the players fault. If they see daylight, you better believe our guys are gonna take it the house! You know, I used to respect FCS, and I hated TC, but this year, the guys from TC have my respect. TC played all 4 quarters. FCS was done at half-time. Those TC players will win region 4 the next 2 years. Good Luck playing them.

Respect/ hate whoever you want Pirate Mike. However, hate is a powerful word & I can't help but be a little offended to comments like that being said about a group of young men.

No doubt TC played with SP a lot better than FC did. TC has a lot of talent & I'm certainly proud of those young men for hanging in there like they did with a team like SP. Heck, I'd be proud of any team to hang with a team like SP! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Like I said earlier, we had some FC boys play hard the whole time, & we had some that could have played a lot harder. I am proud of those young uns in green that kept fighting.

I'm glad to see our young QB get out of this season without any injuries considering how he was POUNDED all season. Not a lot of protection there for the kid. Never once did I hear or see the kid complain. He just got up & kept playing. There were times I didn't see how he was able to get up. Last night wasn't any different, but I think it's made the kid more determined. Although he is only a sophomore, he showed more leadership this year by just playing the game hard. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Respect or hate us all you want. We are proud of our boys!!!

Zone, nice to finally meet you last night. Myself, #1Jacket fan, and the others plan on returning next Friday night to see our other Region 4 rivals. Probally be standing at the endzone again, come by and give us a shout. We ate at the same restruant again. Excellent food. SP is an excellent ball club. I think SP played much harder last night, than they did the week before. SP dominiated the field last night. Nothing against Gordinsville, but I don't see anything stopping SP to the Boro.

There's alot of talk on here about who like's who and who's respected by who.

I, for the most part, respect FC.

There is a few people that give FC a bad wrap and it makes everyone dislike them.

A few are fans and one is McNeal.

There are some good people at FC despite some of the bad apples.

Oh, and about running up the score.

McNeal or FC has no room to talk.

I recall seeing them do it to Temple last year.