FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

Yep there you go....a butt whooping...I knew it was coming......guys like you create the "vitriolic" posts with your MORONIC stats and preface them with phrases like "Oh i wasn't there' or "opinions are like armpits" where's the "private schools recruit" stuff....can't wait for that one.

Although I will still hope Region 4 wins it will not be so bad when I see YOUR posts after S Pitt rolls thru....wonder how many would be for FC if the tables were turned? We all know the answer to that one

On that last note I will fold and retire my sweater vest till basketball season

DTRUTH knows your pain /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Thought I might get your dander up. Basketball? Who gives a care? Not me, that's for sure. And stats aren't moronic - they be facts. Who said anything about recruiting? Not me. But, I would point out that the F and C are supposed to stand for Friendship and Christian - neither of which do I see coming from your posts.

Didn't Jesus say that "He was DTruth....DWay and DLife?" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And don't bother looking for my posts after the S.Pitt game this Friday. If (heaven forbid) we were to get knocked around as badly as FCS, I would be too ashamed to show up. And yes, I would've supported FCS if they had won and we hadn't.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is the way South Pitt runs the ball and with the depth you have at tailback throwing the ball with the clock running and becaue the mercy rule is in effect was probably a better way to run out the clock.

In my opinion had South Pitt handed it off they probably would have scored. I see it as a opportunity for them to work on some plays and get some good practice time for your passing game that you might need down the road.

Again as I stated before if SP stays focused and does not beat themselves no one comes withing two touchdowns. I told some people yesterday that the last team I saw with this kind of speed was when Riverdale

had the Roper twins in the late 70's.

This team has 4 or 5 players who can players who can break a 4.5 forty that is unheard of in Single A.

Anyone who thinks the score was being run up look at the stats we held them to 2 touchdowns in the second half. It is the playoffs and these teams won't meet up again until next year if then. If we did not like what they

were doing we should have stopped them and made them punt.

I can't say if we would have been trying to score at that point or not had the roles been reversed, but what I do

know is last year on our way to the State we put up a lot of points. When your team is on a role you don't want to stop the momentum and South Pitt is on a roll.

FCS fans again yes they tried to score late with the starters in and we held them. The mercy rule was in effect so it was the same as a run and in my opinion had they run the ball they probably would have scored.

Hopefully this game will motivate our Juniors and Sophomores to work hard for next year. The future is bright for those young men and we were defeated by a better football team and probably eventual State Champs.

Football is a team sport and each link of the chain has to be strong, there is no I or Me in team and learn from

the Seniors of the State Runner Up team it is not about who gets the golry but that you all get the glory.

Next year starts today for the underclassmen, start building your team in the offseason.

I wasn't at this game (since I was in G'ville watching my own kid against Lookout Valley) - but I have an opinion about teams running up the score. All one has to do is look at both FCS and S.Pitt and their records all year - clearly these teams run up the score every chance they get. Builds the intimidation factor down the road. No sympathy for my green sweater vested friends - c'mon, you guys spanked grace and never called off the dogs. Should we expect S.Pitt to do it to you?

Since you weren't at the Grace game you obviously don't know what was done or not done. Just to bring you up to speed the 2nd teamers scored two TDs and the JV scored the last one. Plans were made at halftime for 2nd team and JV to play but Grace never eased up at all. Unfortunately the Grace coach, like may others including McNeal, wanted us to put our 2nd and 3rd string in while they keep their starters in throwing bombs down the field and going for it on 4th down. Matching up smaller Soph and Freshmen against starters is also a way to get them hurt and humiliated. To all coaches put your young guys in when the game is decided and will we too.

BTW I remember the G'ville game last year...49-7....Hmmmmm. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

This team has 4 or 5 players who can players who can break a 4.5 forty that is unheard of in Single A.

Even i didnt no we had that kind of speed. and all these pirate program individuals have been telling me all season to tone it down. i said al l season that the Pirates wouldnt see any competition until the d2nd round of playoffs, possibly third. TC caused some nervousness in the 3rd quarter but thats about it thrugh the first two games. Gordonsville is another beast though. No predictions here, just hoping for any win, single point is fine. From here on until Murfreesboro its simply Go Pirates. and how bout them Vols. another nervous saturday afternoon in Ktown. After all the wash came in though it was Vols /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Crimson Tide /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> How much more perfect could a weekend be.

well well.. RUNNING UP THE SCORE??? lets see... as i saw the game and i was beside the press box.. i saw trhe mercy rul running so it didnt matter what was done run or pass.. but running will defeniatly score... what i saw was vic maybe working on a couple things for next week's game. and ummm if he was running up the score why did Zone's son take a knee at the end on the game when we could have scored again.. and for that guy that said by looking at our score's we run the score up... big word's for someone that hasnt seen us play.... ask TC , ask FCS... i think you will see even by reading these post we are at such dept it doesnt matter who is in and running the ball we can score at any moment.. what would you have us do ? take a knee every play and not be ready for next week's game...i dont think so.. we didnt start the year just to beat FCS or anyone in paticular. we are playing for a Gold ball... period...and as i read these post i am enjoying other team's fan's see what i have said all year... spitt is the real deal...and to let them know they are doing good just lets them know we are behind them.... to a normal fan it sounds like bragging. but to a great fan with a good eye for singleA football.. it is a joy to watch spitt play .. it's not very often you see a team with the talent and depth these boy's have.. let them know there good, keep there heads down... its a good lesson to begin life knowing you have accomlished something so good... congrats boy's no matter what happens in week's to come this is one of the best high school team's i have ever witnessed....... let me know were you guys are on the field i'll walk by and say hello....

When your at the top somebody always wants to bring you down, this sint UPWARD football, this is the real world and SP wants to bring home the hood ornament.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . It would look good on the front of my truck /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Congrats SP, coach Grider,ZP, Geno & and all other SP fans outside of TC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Your team is all you said they were and maybe more. I, like most, fully expect them to win another state title but would warn you that G-vile, Hampton, and McKenzie are all focused on a similar prize. Not that I believe any of them can score with you or stop your multiple weapons offensively. Remember what got you to this point and best of luck in your quest for the GOLD!

For any FC fan that might have believed the score was run up, I would only say that it is not SP's coaches job to try and stop his offense. He is paid to win and develop his talent to the fullest. Obviously he accomplished these goals last Friday.

As for the FC team and staff. Usually more lessons are learned when you lose than when you win. I would say some from SP might agree that losses last year to G-ville and the year before to FC seemed to have fueled their team and coaches to improve themselves individually and as a team. Lesser fans and staffs would have pointed fingers at the competition or blamed them for recruiting talent (see TC) rather than looking to improve upon themselves. Maybe the greatest Region 4 coach ever, "The real coach Satterfield (Jim)" would have looked inward for ways to improve his program. I would say FC should do likewise.

I would hope that our returning players can learn how to 1). better prepare in the off-season to play with bigger, stronger, faster, competition by commiting more of themselves to the speed and conditioning training and weight programs that are available to them. 2). I would hope that our players learn that football is the ultimate team sport. To be a REGION 4 or STATE Champion each FC player and coach must commit to your teammates and coaches that you will give your all each play of every game. Each play is its own competition with yourself. You should compete at the highest level on each play regardless of the score. Not for yourself but more importantly for your team-mates. I think the FC 2006 team and others before them that were sucessful were playing for each other. Not personal glory. Who scored or got the headlines were not a factor for them. Just competing to the highest level was their gauge of winning or losing. They seemed to have the mindset that they would not let their team-mates down by giving any less than 100% each down of the game. Unfortunately, due to graduation and key injuries early in the season FC played most of this season without this type leadership.

Now the question must be asked what kind of leadership will there be in the future classes at FC. Take some lessons from the SP team and let this loss fuel your desire to get better prepared for whoever may stand in your way in the years to come. The upcoming classes at FC will be talented. However, SP, TC, G-ville and others will also have talent and will be set on the same goals. Some will improve and obtain the prize others will make excuses for not reaching their goals. Which will FC be?/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Best of luck South Pitt !! Stay focused /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Congrats SP, coach Grider,ZP, Geno & and all other SP fans outside of TC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Your team is all you said they were and maybe more. I, like most, fully expect them to win another state title but would warn you that G-vile, Hampton, and McKenzie are all focused on a similar prize. Not that I believe any of them can score with you or stop your multiple weapons offensively. Remember what got you to this point and best of luck in your quest for the GOLD!

For any FC fan that might have believed the score was run up, I would only say that it is not SP's coaches job to try and stop his offense. He is paid to win and develop his talent to the fullest. Obviously he accomplished these goals last Friday.

As for the FC team and staff. Usually more lessons are learned when you lose than when you win. I would say some from SP might agree that losses last year to G-ville and the year before to FC seemed to have fueled their team and coaches to improve themselves individually and as a team. Lesser fans and staffs would have pointed fingers at the competition or blamed them for recruiting talent (see TC) rather than looking to improve upon themselves. Maybe the greatest Region 4 coach ever, "The real coach Satterfield (Jim)" would have looked inward for ways to improve his program. I would say FC should do likewise.

I would hope that our returning players can learn how to 1). better prepare in the off-season to play with bigger, stronger, faster, competition by commiting more of themselves to the speed and conditioning training and weight programs that are available to them. 2). I would hope that our players learn that football is the ultimate team sport. To be a REGION 4 or STATE Champion each FC player and coach must commit to your teammates and coaches that you will give your all each play of every game. Each play is its own competition with yourself. You should compete at the highest level on each play regardless of the score. Not for yourself but more importantly for your team-mates. I think the FC 2006 team and others before them that were sucessful were playing for each other. Not personal glory. Who scored or got the headlines were not a factor for them. Just competing to the highest level was their gauge of winning or losing. They seemed to have the mindset that they would not let their team-mates down by giving any less than 100% each down of the game. Unfortunately, due to graduation and key injuries early in the season FC played most of this season without this type leadership.

Now the question must be asked what kind of leadership will there be in the future classes at FC. Take some lessons from the SP team and let this loss fuel your desire to get better prepared for whoever may stand in your way in the years to come. The upcoming classes at FC will be talented. However, SP, TC, G-ville and others will also have talent and will be set on the same goals. Some will improve and obtain the prize others will make excuses for not reaching their goals. Which will FC be? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Best of luck South Pitt !! Stay focused /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Wow, great motivational post Volschamps. Sorry to hear about the graduation & injuries. Guess

no one else had those problems. Anyway, just spend the off-season getting prepared, work

hard, and maybe someday you'll get one of those Gold balls ( see TC ), or several ( also see TC ).

Maybe you can bring another county or two online.

We can agree on one thing...it is the Defenses' job to stop the offense.

Thought I might get your dander up. Basketball? Who gives a care? Not me, that's for sure. And stats aren't moronic - they be facts. Who said anything about recruiting? Not me. But, I would point out that the F and C are supposed to stand for Friendship and Christian - neither of which do I see coming from your posts.

Didn't Jesus say that "He was DTruth....DWay and DLife?" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

And don't bother looking for my posts after the S.Pitt game this Friday. If (heaven forbid) we were to get knocked around as badly as FCS, I would be too ashamed to show up. And yes, I would've supported FCS if they had won and we hadn't.

don't let a few fans give FC a bad name. I know that happens a lot but it has no reflection on the players. I agree that some FC fans make it hard to like FC, but it is unfair for people to put down all of friendship. I know all of the players and alot of the fans. For the most part everyone tries to represent the F and the C, but there will always be the ones who don't. this isn't just to you, ghs, it is to everyone out there. I hope I can represent the good side of FC. I'll be pulling for gville this week I hope yal beat SP. Have a safe trip to the game