MBA vs. Father Ryan

Hadouken

wow i am suprised you returned. Most would not return after being shamed off the board like that, but you come back and say this in true ryan fashion. Its comments like this that precipitate the common thought that some Ryan fans are not classy. By your own admission you are saying that if you win then you will 'say' what needs to be said.

Yet another post that has nothing to do about the game and just what someone else has said. Go drink another one and have one for me. I am tired of this thread having no positive spin on the game that is going to decide on who will play for the CHAMPIONSHIP. Come on people give me a freakin break. As I said before let's let the boy's decide who will be the winners. Ryan players better come strong Friday night and be ready to play. I am sure they wanted a rematch after their last game and now is their chance When it really matters. Fella's play as a team and go out proud you have had a great season. Now is crunch time.

" You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two year old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection! "

Coach Boone

"We twain walked --

We walked between the lightning's parted gleams,

We walked between the thunders of the skies,

We walked between the wavings of the clouds,

We walked between the tremblings of the sea,

We walked between the stillnesses and roars

Of frightened billows; and we walked between

The coming tempest and the dying calm --

Between the tranquil and the terrible --

That hour beside the sea."

Father A Ryan

Go Irish

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another post that has nothing to do about the game and just what someone else has said. Go drink another one and have one for me. I am tired of this thread having no positive spin on the game that is going to decide on who will play for the CHAMPIONSHIP. Come on people give me a freakin break. As I said before let's let the boy's decide who will be the winners. Ryan players better come strong Friday night and be ready to play. I am sure they wanted a rematch after their last game and now is their chance When it really matters. Fella's play as a team and go out proud you have had a great season. Now is crunch time.

" You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two year old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection! "

Coach Boone

"We twain walked --

We walked between the lightning's parted gleams,

We walked between the thunders of the skies,

We walked between the wavings of the clouds,

We walked between the tremblings of the sea,

We walked between the stillnesses and roars

Of frightened billows; and we walked between

The coming tempest and the dying calm --

Between the tranquil and the terrible --

That hour beside the sea."

Father A Ryan

Go Irish

This isn't an English / poetry class, please spare us all and keep your comments to football! What has this thread come to??

I agree wholeheartedly with the post on the first page that this rivalry should be treated with a little more respect...It`s been over 35 years since I roamed the halls on Elliston place, so I guess I`m closer to cro-magnon status....I am under no illusions about the game Friday. MBA should, and, probably will win this game. They have clearly demonstrated their penchant to win against quality opposition this season. They don`t do anything fancy, but they do have excellent execution and don`t make many mistakes....That being said, I`m still proud of the Irish.....They WILL show up at MBA and play the game!! ...They have made steady progress under Coach Lussier......This year, they were able to defeat every team they were supposed to...and , if their 3 losses come to MBA and Brentwood Academy, that`s nothing to be ashamed of.....Considering where we were 4 years ago, I`ll take 9-3...This year has been a lot of fun....In the world of Division II, every game you play is against a quality, well coached opponent. Ryan and JPII will always participate with somewhat of a handicap, but that`s life! As former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld once said, "You go to battle with the Army you have, not the one you wish you had"

Go Irish !!

DS2001,

Thanks for a strong post. You would be a solid addition to a mature board that discusses appropriate topics related to the game. Obviously, the post on the first page has been largely ignored.

Thanks again for an insightful and appreciative post for the efforts that have been put forth by the student-athletes at Ryan! I agree that it is great to have this rivalry back where it belongs as the best rivalry in the State of TN. I congratulate the school, the administration, the coaches, and the students on building the program back to where it belongs.

Here's to a safe and hard fought game on both sides! May the teams win and lose with the character that has forged this great rivalry, not that has been displayed by outsiders on this board.

Go Big Red!

Father Ryan is very physical and i think that if they can get more holes open for berry then thats deffinately their best chance. Their QB is a good runner and passer and that should keep MBA honest. MBA is very good at playing their responsibilities and if they continue to be consistant in that respect then they should come out with the win.

MBA- 31

FR- 17

Father Ryan is very physical and i think that if they can get more holes open for berry then thats deffinately their best chance. Their QB is a good runner and passer and that should keep MBA honest. MBA is very good at playing their responsibilities and if they continue to be consistant in that respect then they should come out with the win.

MBA- 31

FR- 17

I thought the Ryan QB was very dangerous when he took off, especially when his receivers were covered and he went to his left. I don't know why he had so much room, but it seemd each time he carried it, he picked up significant yardage. If that were exploited well, it might force MBA to loosen its coverage some.

hes deffinately a good athelete. I cant really think of a game this year where a team has really gone after MBA's secondary and made them step up. If ryan does that and the QB can scramble then it will deffinately help them on the board. MBA coaches will quickly have an answer for that though.

this is going to be a great game. if i wasnt playing in another, i'd be there to watch it. both teams are very strong, i cant even predict who will win this one, ryan is going to have to bring their A game with no distractions. that being said MBA CANNOT by any means take this game lightly. sometimes the only thing that holds you back is a mental block. good luck to both teams.

hes deffinately a good athelete. I cant really think of a game this year where a team has really gone after MBA's secondary and made them step up. If ryan does that and the QB can scramble then it will deffinately help them on the board. MBA coaches will quickly have an answer for that though.

Looking at it from the other side...what does Ryan do differently in this game, scheme wise, to stop MBA's rushing attack? Ryan played 8 to 9 men in the box the last time these teams met and MBA ran it down their throat? What does Ryan do differently this time? Blitz, blitz and blitz some more?

MBA already beat BA. And dont say that Jordan was out. MBA had Christian Waddey out, Spencer Wise was limping significantly, and Preston was not even close to 100%. and MBA had 3 fumbles that were blatantly MBA's and were called back, and one would have been returned for a TDyoure an idiot, no chance, enough saidare you kidding? the footing is miserable at Greer, and the turf is just as good, probably better, than grass

I thought Jordan was held out of the MBA game. Can USA1 help me on this? If this is true, then you can say that Jordan was out, however, you can say that MBA had their shares of injures and players missing parts or all of games. However, I do believe that Jordan did miss the game against MBA. If I am wrong, I will stand corrected.

P.S. It will be MBA vs. BA in the finals. An all Mid-State Semi's speaks well of the play in the Nashville area. Congrats to all four teams for making it this far. I guess you could say the Mid-State dominated football in DII this year.

Looking at it from the other side...what does Ryan do differently in this game, scheme wise, to stop MBA's rushing attack? Ryan played 8 to 9 men in the box the last time these teams met and MBA ran it down their throat? What does Ryan do differently this time? Blitz, blitz and blitz some more?

I think this game will be all about running and stopping the run. Ryan was 1-5 passing for 12 yards against MUS, so I can't see them opening up some sort of wide open passing attack this week. In this sort of game, I could see the FRHS coaching staff emptying the play-book and trying for some home run balls early on...why not? there is nothing to lose at this point. I imagine that this will be a short game with both sides keeping it between the hash marks, so any turnovers or big special teams plays could be critical.

I thought Jordan was held out of the MBA game. Can USA1 help me on this? If this is true, then you can say that Jordan was out, however, you can say that MBA had their shares of injures and players missing parts or all of games. However, I do believe that Jordan did miss the game against MBA. If I am wrong, I will stand corrected.

P.S. It will be MBA vs. BA in the finals. An all Mid-State Semi's speaks well of the play in the Nashville area. Congrats to all four teams for making it this far. I guess you could say the Mid-State dominated football in DII this year.

Jordan did not play in the MBA game.

Ryan will come out extremely fired up looking for revenge, but that won't last long. Both teams come into this game pretty one-dimensional, relying heavily on the running game, but their center will have his hands full all game going against Bubis (#50). MBA has a good rotation of tackles as well with sloan, cole, thomas, and ferrel, so the line will give Ryan problems. Bartholomew and Knight are too fundamentally sound to make stupid errors and over-running the ball, so look for the DL to hold up the line of scrimmage and then the two backers and Wade and Radar all come in and lay the wood on barry.

As for Ryan's D: they better show up ready to hit because the O-Line for MBA brings it hard everyplay. If they think it will be alright to take a play off, then they'll be watching Vinsang truck their secondary and scamper for another TD

Repeat of a couple of weeks ago, but not quite as severe.

MBA-27

Ryan-7