Brentwood Academy vs Ensworth

WarriorFan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee injury. Out for basketball season as well.

Wrong. He hurt his left shoulder in the first quarter of the MBA game. Played the rest of the game basically one armed. After the game it was determined that his shoulder needed surgery. The surgery was successful and he'll be fine, but he needs about six months with no contact sports to let it fully heal. So, he missed the rest of football season and will likely miss all of basketball season as well. But he'll be back full strength next year for his senior season in both sports, which should be fun to watch.

Also, not that I think it would have made much difference last night, but Orleans Opu Darkwa was a game time decision as to whether he'd play against BA. He's had a nagging ankle for a few weeks and tweaked it aganst CBHS. He didn't practice last week. Again, I'm not saying it would've mattered last night. BA's defensive front was everything it was touted to be--- #65 and #98 in particular. And their QB really surprised me with his passing--- really outstanding. I was sorry to note in the program that he's just a 10th grader. Ensworth had a bunch young guys playing too--- really only 6 or 7 seniors playing a lot-- so they gained some valuable experience. Now they need to work hard in the off season and get better.

MBA and BA are clearly the two best teams in D2--- and , I think, the two best teams in the state. Should be a great game. I'll be there.

Wrong. He hurt his left shoulder in the first quarter of the MBA game. Played the rest of the game basically one armed. After the game it was determined that his shoulder needed surgery. The surgery was successful and he'll be fine, but he needs about six months with no contact sports to let it fully heal. So, he missed the rest of football season and will likely miss all of basketball season as well. But he'll be back full strength next year for his senior season in both sports, which should be fun to watch.

Also, not that I think it would have made much difference last night, but Orleans Opu Darkwa was a game time decision as to whether he'd play against BA. He's had a nagging ankle for a few weeks and tweaked it aganst CBHS. He didn't practice last week. Again, I'm not saying it would've mattered last night. BA's defensive front was everything it was touted to be--- #65 and #98 in particular. And their QB really surprised me with his passing--- really outstanding. I was sorry to note in the program that he's just a 10th grader. Ensworth had a bunch young guys playing too--- really only 6 or 7 seniors playing a lot-- so they gained some valuable experience. Now they need to work hard in the off season and get better.

MBA and BA are clearly the two best teams in D2--- and , I think, the two best teams in the state. Should be a great game. I'll be there.

Ensworth must be overwhelmed with pride after their first varsity season. I salute them.

We were missing #44 Melvin Pryor at linebacker last night. He is a HUGE part of our run defense. I was very concerned going in with the Ensworth's big backs. I don't know if you noticed but a couple of the receivers that caught passes and scored last night were freshmen.

Sorry, my bad. I had heard knee. Certainly wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Congratulations again to Ensworth for an incredible first season!

I agree that MBA and BA belong int he title game. Clearly the best. The BA/EHS game might have been a little closer had not BA converted three tough 3rd down conversions and had a perfect "NFL caliber" long pass to DJ Luna the first half. The game was won, in my mind, by the great play of the BA quarterback and by the O-line of BA. Jordan, great athlete though he is, had somehting like 96 yards on 24 carries. Not stellar. But, the better team won.

Congrats to BA. They played a great game. The QB had some fantastic passes and the O Line protected him all night.

Clearly the better team won, and clearly the two best teams are in the championship. Should be a great game.

Also congrats to EHS on a great 1st varsity season, looking forward to many more.

I would like to complement BA on a great football atmosphere FRI night. Fans were great and supportive, but there was no taunting or poor behavior when BA clearly had the game in hand.

Congrats to BA. They played a great game. The QB had some fantastic passes and the O Line protected him all night.

Clearly the better team won, and clearly the two best teams are in the championship. Should be a great game.

Also congrats to EHS on a great 1st varsity season, looking forward to many more.

I would like to complement BA on a great football atmosphere FRI night. Fans were great and supportive, but there was no taunting or poor behavior when BA clearly had the game in hand.

I agree about the atmosphere at BA FRiday night, too. Great crowd. Well done.