Brentwood Academy vs Ensworth

WarriorFan

My edge is totally gone on here. The only validation anyone has on here is the performance of the team they support.

I go to Brentwood Academy. I support Brentwood Academy. I do not like MBA so I usually tend to lean against the Big Red...But its cool...

Well...I just thought it was a special comment. It is cool though. I predict it might be a closer game than you predicted

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true - I would not have expected anything other that what happened (42-10).

Correct me if I'm wrong, did Ensworth only have a Frosh. and Soph class at that time?? According to previous posts they probably had a total of no more than 80 boys at the school in 2005.

If there is an upside for EHS, it's that the team has gotten a lot of playing time under Bower's system (3 or 4 years). I'm not saying EHS will win this game, but if BA overlooks them like CBHS seemed too - it could be a very interesting game (remember the Mich. game). The last thing you want to do is let a underdog start believing in themselves, if it's close in the 4th qtr. anything can happen. EHS can not afford any injuries during this game (depth is an issue).

On paper BA is the winner, let it be won on the field! Good luck to each team, hope it's a game both fans can be proud of.

It was Freshman/Sophomores only at EHS at that time and I don't think it counted as a Varsity game. As I remember, BA only played the starters for a quarter or so and it was basically a JV game. I think EHS actually helped BA by filling in an open date (maybe caused by the Hurricanes in MS/AL?). We're stretching my memory now . . .

You can't read anything into 2005 . . . I think BA wins, but I'm not convinced it will be easy or by as much as many predict. Ensworth has shown a lot this year. I think this will be the first (official) of what will become a pretty heated rivalry.

I am with fan6 on this one. This will be a tough game for BA. I think that Ensworth wears down a little toward the end and BA pulls away 21-10, but the game seems closer than the score. A lot will be determined by Ensworth's ability to convert through the air. If the QB has time and he hits his receivers, this could be closer. I don't think they can win on the ground - I don't care how well things went against CBHS.

I am with fan6 on this one. This will be a tough game for BA. I think that Ensworth wears down a little toward the end and BA pulls away 21-10, but the game seems closer than the score. A lot will be determined by Ensworth's ability to convert through the air. If the QB has time and he hits his receivers, this could be closer. I don't think they can win on ground - I don't care how well things went against CBHS.

No one is talking ball security here. One of BA's biggest weaknesses has been putting the ball on the ground. You don't have to lose the fumble for it to play a big role against you. For the past several years it seems, BA has had a tendency to put it on the ground. The ones they haven't lost are still drive killers. The saving grace has been that defense, and it is dang good.

BA is not alone, Ensworth had similar issues at MBA this year, but their defense played very well and kept them very much in the game to the end.

If Ensworth is plus 2 in turnovers, this game comes down to the last possession. If the TO column is equal, then BA adds another score late to make it a two possession win.

Just my thoughts...

No one is talking ball security here. One of BA's biggest weaknesses has been putting the ball on the ground. You don't have to lose the fumble for it to play a big role against you. For the past several years it seems, BA has had a tendency to put it on the ground. The ones they haven't lost are still drive killers. The saving grace has been that defense, and it is dang good.

BA is not alone, Ensworth had similar issues at MBA this year, but their defense played very well and kept them very much in the game to the end.

If Ensworth is plus 2 in turnovers, this game comes down to the last possession. If the TO column is equal, then BA adds another score late to make it a two possession win.

Just my thoughts...

I'm with you and USA1 on this. I think BA wins, but I also think it will be close, unless Ensworth takes a real beating and dies at the end. They were beginning to wilt a little toward the end of the MBA game, but heat may have been a factor; I don't recall what the weather was that week.

I'm with you and USA1 on this. I think BA wins, but I also think it will be close, unless Ensworth takes a real beating and dies at the end. They were beginning to wilt a little toward the end of the MBA game, but heat may have been a factor; I don't recall what the weather was that week.

This game will be close for awhile and then BA's depth will take over. Ensworth is not the same team without their star running back, however, that was a great game they played last week laying the wood to CBHS of Memphis. How sweet that must have been for the Tigers to earn their first playoff victory.

BA is too good and too deep for Ensworth and it should be another classic in the finals between MBA and BA.

Good luck to all.

Friday, October 5 -

Hi 87?°F

Lo 70?°F

Leaving BA out of it, I read the threads last week from CBHS and there was no way EHS was going to win the game. Was CB soft all year long, or just last week? That's an awful lot of arm tackes he ran through, 250+ yards worth. I would have to think that the O-line has to get "some credit" for blowing open some rather large holes?? Did Melrose or the other inner-city team @@@@ up those type numbers on your D-fense (maybe they did?)? Just curious

Christian Brothers did not play as soft the entire regular season as they did friday night. the ensworth running back did run through a lot of arm tackles, but then was tackled from behind. the few times he and the other back got hit hard, it seemed they couldnt hang on to the ball. in my opinion, the BA d-line definitely wont play as soft and i dont see orleans running through the BA defense the way he did versus CBHS last friday.

the inner city teams did not put up the same numbers. they play(ed), what i consider, "backyard ball"...and ill let you decipher what i mean by that.

if ensworth wants to score in this game they are going to need some good field position. and honestly i dont think they have a shot at stopping chris jordan and brentwood academys run game. ensworth has not yet played a back as explosive. (not to mention chris jordan has yet to play a full 4 quarters of any game this year, which means brentwood academy has not needed to use him that far into a game yet) if ensworth does not get any turnovers it is definatly a blow out. there is no way they are driving the field on the brentwood academy defensive line.

This game will be close for awhile and then BA's depth will take over. Ensworth is not the same team without their star running back, however, that was a great game they played last week laying the wood to CBHS of Memphis. How sweet that must have been for the Tigers to earn their first playoff victory.

BA is too good and too deep for Ensworth and it should be another classic in the finals between MBA and BA.

Good luck to all.

Really?? "Ensworth is not the same team without their star running back." That's a pretty bold statement considering how far Ensworth has come since the game against MBA when Tavarres got hurt. Don't get me wrong, Tavarres is an extremely talented player, but since he has been injured, there have been many other players that have come forward and stepped up to the plate to bring Ensworth's team where they are today. I'm not saying "watch out BA" because I do think that Brentwood Academy has a very good program and many talented players and I think it will be a good, tough game...but don't underestimate the underdog...

Really?? "Ensworth is not the same team without their star running back." That's a pretty bold statement considering how far Ensworth has come since the game against MBA when Tavarres got hurt. Don't get me wrong, Tavarres is an extremely talented player, but since he has been injured, there have been many other players that have come forward and stepped up to the plate to bring Ensworth's team where they are today. I'm not saying "watch out BA" because I do think that Brentwood Academy has a very good program and many talented players and I think it will be a good, tough game...but don't underestimate the underdog...

Its accurate though 100%. Even if they have played 'well' without him they still are missing the guy that they based most of their offense around. They have stepped up and played well but they are a better team with Jefferson and its a shame he's hurt.