Knox Halls @ Red Bank

Pirateman894

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank dominated this game from start to finish. The game started off well with two touchdowns for Tim Benford, but later in the first half Benford got injured and from what I hear, its for the rest of the season (broken arm). The Lions defense was on a mission tonight. Sanchez was in the back field all night long. The only score for Halls was with two minutes left in the game. Once again Rebels and Lions to play which may be the best two teams in the state.

im a red bank fan but the one play that i really think blew it for halls was the interception for a TD. halls was running the ball great and had a shot at getting within 7 until that interception, i have no idea why they even threw it that play, they were pounding us up the middle running the ball on that drive. anyways, good game halls and good luck next year. also, i hope you get better Tim B., your gonna be a awesome college player, im proud to have you as a red bank lion, your the best weve had Since Gerald!!

im a red bank fan but the one play that i really think blew it for halls was the interception for a TD. halls was running the ball great and had a shot at getting within 7 until that interception, i have no idea why they even threw it that play, they were pounding us up the middle running the ball on that drive. anyways, good game halls and good luck next year. also, i hope you get better Tim B., your gonna be a awesome college player, im proud to have you as a red bank lion, your the best weve had Since Gerald!!

I agree, with Benford on the sideline the Red Devils were driving. When Duff took that one back, I think it was over then. Halls looked just beat down afterwards. Benford getting hurt is a sad story. The kid has dominated all year long and would have loved to see him next week, but I think Red Bank can rally around that and show up to play.

Congrats to Red Bank dominated from start to finish. I hope Benford will bounce back but I'm hearing broken arm not good. McDuffie player of the game. Our young secondary haven't seen a playmaker like him before. They were exposed all night with the accurate passing of Leadbetter.

Halls looked inept on offense. Red Bank overran our offensive line and our only score late against a second team group provided us from being shut out. That came after Kelly made the hit of the game and generated a fumble. Great play one of only a few on the night for Big Red. This was one of worse games we have played this year both ways and reminded me of the totally domination Bearden administered to us earlier in the year.

Next year this defense will have to rise up they looked downright awful tonight and haven't looked good for a few weeks now. Maybe I'm in bad mood but I understand playing a tough unbeaten team may have something to do with it. But never making them punt was our downfall. If this continues next year it will be a very long year.

Sad we lost but a great year for the boys in Red. Eight wins was outstanding.

Many teams fell tonight including #1 Catholic, William Blount and West. So we have to take it with dignity and hope we can learn from this beat down.

Thanks Seniors we will miss you.

ZCAR,

You amaze with me with some of your comments. Where is your Red Devil pride? Are you a true fan or just a wannabe? In your third paragraph you have already dished Coach Julian and next year's team. Your comment, "if this continues next year it will be a very long year." That is very disrespectful towards the players and coaches at Halls. You make a post like that about a team that just lost a game to one of the best teams in 4A football this year, a team that very well might beat Maryville this Friday night, and you are a TRUE DEVIL FAN?

Do Coach Julian, his staff and players and apologize...PLEASE. You are a very intelligent person and I hope that your comments are attributed to "being in a bad mood."

Thomas9 and one of the other RB posters are correct. RB drove the ball well on their first scoring drive. A short punt by Halls and good return by RB to Halls' 30 resulted in an easy second score. Down 14-0, on our next series we ran the ball over 50 yards on RB mostly up the middle and then we attempted the long pass which RB took to the house, which did indeed deflate us. I guess that's human nature, but we weren't the same team on offense thereafter. I agree too with Thomas9 that we never should have thrown that type of pass in that situation.

Sanchez is a player! Maryville will need to account for him or he will be after Brent all night. I saw him after the game. He's large. Hated to see the Benford kid go down. For the short time he was in the game you could see that he was a playmaker. Hope he does well. RB really could have used him next week.

These kinds of games happen. I certainly don't think Powell this year was any better than Halls. Sometime teams match up better, sometimes game plans are better, etc. RB has the potential to beat Maryville, but those Red Rebels are a good, sneaky and smart bunch.

I will say this, Bearden is on a roll. Nobody believed in them, even after they spanked Ooltawah. And the RB game was a lot like the Bearden game. What that tells me is that we just weren't up to it for those two teams, both of which are HUGE. Everybody else we were in the games with.

Anyhow, great job Halls on a fine season!! Once again, I'll say I'm proud of you! You've brought respectability back to Red Devil nation, and we'll get better and be back next year, bigger-faster-stronger! Make that your motto and see it come to fruition in your off-season efforts!! We'll miss you seniors. Thanks for your leadership and sacrifices over the years. You're the last group who didn't start out with Coach J as head coach.

ZCAR,

You amaze with me with some of your comments. Where is your Red Devil pride? Are you a true fan or just a wannabe? In your third paragraph you have already dished Coach Julian and next year's team. Your comment, "if this continues next year it will be a very long year." That is very disrespectful towards the players and coaches at Halls. You make a post like that about a team that just lost a game to one of the best teams in 4A football this year, a team that very well might beat Maryville this Friday night, and you are a TRUE DEVIL FAN?

Do Coach Julian, his staff and players and apologize...PLEASE. You are a very intelligent person and I hope that your comments are attributed to "being in a bad mood."

Your right I was in a bad mood. I wanted this team to have a chance again to play Maryville again. It just didn't work out. We were beat by a very good team who could beat Maryville next week. I always wish the best for the team and the coaches. Like my last paragraph suggested this was a special year.