Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Watched Monterey play tonite and Heady had to have a double double. Boy, she is fun to watch and will give single A teams fits. Not to mention, she's jsut a sophomore... Speaking of 7A, congrats to the lady buffs of clarkrange on their hall of fame win over Forrest in a defensive battle. Phillips led the buffs with 13 pts while Reid chipped in 11 pts.

Its goin be a fun year! Let's all enjoy!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, the ONLY Gold he has won was with players, bled, born and raised in Jackson County. But, unfortunately HE dosen't seem to remember that. I agree, with such a strong program, people sometimes want to move and give their child every advantage. Thats fine, I would do the same. But, your wrong on one account, he does not really run his own show, every move is motivated by the BIG PICTURE that you can't see. Sorry the truth can be harsh. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From what I have heard there is NO ONE who understands what is happening in Jackson County or the entire 7A District like 7Awatcher and he really understands about the "big picture" too!!!! He paid me handsomely to say this!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Was good seeing you tonight 7A, was a real tight defensive game, then Clarkrange started hitting those 3's again and again and again.........

Your right, the ONLY Gold he has won was with players, bled, born and raised in Jackson County. But, unfortunately HE dosen't seem to remember that. I agree, with such a strong program, people sometimes want to move and give their child every advantage. Thats fine, I would do the same. But, your wrong on one account, he does not really run his own show, every move is motivated by the BIG PICTURE that you can't see. Sorry the truth can be harsh. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct. Jim Brown works for the Athletic Director. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Any grievances should be taken up to the Athletic Director. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

GC..I'm going to give you my honest opinion about the teams I've seen in Single A thus far..teams I've actually seen..I went to Martin Saturday and saw the Playday..Saw Millington and Gibson Co..play..Saw Bradford play against Perry Co I believe..Bradford fell behind by about 10 points but came back and I believe won by 1..Had a big girl down low..I believe was #1 and another tall girl..But #4 and I believe Proudfit is the key to their team..Saw Wayne Co play Briarcrest..Thought Briarcrest had the best player along with a couple of the Millington players as the best in the tournament..Saw a little of the Collinwood game,heard they had a starter out ,so really can't judge them .Then I left for Dyersburg to see all those teams..So..here it is..based on what I saw..Wayne Co is the best Single A team,played about 9 or 10 girls..Have a couple big girls that move really well..a tall girl named Daniel..looked to be about 6'1 and a girl named Myers and Nelson ,I believe....Both good players..I remember another tall girl named Daniel come off the bench..Tall also..Must be the other Daniel girl's sister..Played a good zone and looked to be able to play man defense also..After them..I'd rate Bradford a little ahead of Lake Co..just based on the team I saw..Not that I believe they are better..They may be..But I saw them with their whole team and until I see Lake Co with Renita Kinney and Ross in the line-up..can't say for now..Plus ..Wallace looked to be winded against Dyersburg...I believe Lake Co needs Kinney to run the floor and shoot outside..Queenie Jordan shoots okay outside but I believe she needs Kinney to maybe drive for a lay up and if not kick it out so she can get a shot off..I believe Renita will help the other girls get loose..I don't believe we'll be close to last years team until after Christmas..

Collinwood did have one starter out all day Saturday and Perry County had one starter out all day and another that got hurt in the first quarter of the game against Bradford and did not play anymore. No word on how serious any of the injuries are from both teams. Wayne County played well at Westview, but they lost tonight to Hardin County in a game they should have not lost. Their depth cost them down the stretch as I was told they were looking awfully fatigued and tired in the fourth quarter. Depth will be their biggest problem this season.

Watched Monterey play tonite and Heady had to have a double double. Boy, she is fun to watch and will give single A teams fits. Not to mention, she's jsut a sophomore... Speaking of 7A, congrats to the lady buffs of clarkrange on their hall of fame win over Forrest in a defensive battle. Phillips led the buffs with 13 pts while Reid chipped in 11 pts.

Its goin be a fun year! Let's all enjoy!

Heady is a very good young post player. Monterey has some pretty good young guards around her as well. They are probably a year or two away from being a real contender in Class A.

You are correct. Jim Brown works for the Athletic Director. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Any grievances should be taken up to the Athletic Director. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well I'm not good at reading between the lines, so I am assuming you don't know this: NEWS FLASH, JIM BROWN IS THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Well I'm not good at reading between the lines, so I am assuming you don't know this: NEWS FLASH, JIM BROWN IS THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

EXACTLY and he runs the show!

GC..I'm going to give you my honest opinion about the teams I've seen in Single A thus far..teams I've actually seen..I went to Martin Saturday and saw the Playday..Saw Millington and Gibson Co..play..Saw Bradford play against Perry Co I believe..Bradford fell behind by about 10 points but came back and I believe won by 1..Had a big girl down low..I believe was #1 and another tall girl..But #4 and I believe Proudfit is the key to their team..Saw Wayne Co play Briarcrest..Thought Briarcrest had the best player along with a couple of the Millington players as the best in the tournament..Saw a little of the Collinwood game,heard they had a starter out ,so really can't judge them .Then I left for Dyersburg to see all those teams..So..here it is..based on what I saw..Wayne Co is the best Single A team,played about 9 or 10 girls..Have a couple big girls that move really well..a tall girl named Daniel..looked to be about 6'1 and a girl named Myers and Nelson ,I believe....Both good players..I remember another tall girl named Daniel come off the bench..Tall also..Must be the other Daniel girl's sister..Played a good zone and looked to be able to play man defense also..After them..I'd rate Bradford a little ahead of Lake Co..just based on the team I saw..Not that I believe they are better..They may be..But I saw them with their whole team and until I see Lake Co with Renita Kinney and Ross in the line-up..can't say for now..Plus ..Wallace looked to be winded against Dyersburg...I believe Lake Co needs Kinney to run the floor and shoot outside..Queenie Jordan shoots okay outside but I believe she needs Kinney to maybe drive for a lay up and if not kick it out so she can get a shot off..I believe Renita will help the other girls get loose..I don't believe we'll be close to last years team until after Christmas..

I heard the Pioneers had a loss to Millington and I'm not sure of the other game...We defeated Dresden last night 47-36 which is closer than I had expected but we were without Jeniqua Jennings...I'm on nights for the first time in a long time and it just so happens to be the first week of basketball season (go figure)...I'm sure our girls had a little early season rust but I think we'll be fine come playoff time...

I heard the Pioneers had a loss to Millington and I'm not sure of the other game...We defeated Dresden last night 47-36 which is closer than I had expected but we were without Jeniqua Jennings...I'm on nights for the first time in a long time and it just so happens to be the first week of basketball season (go figure)...I'm sure our girls had a little early season rust but I think we'll be fine come playoff time...

they did lose to Millington..but every team that was there would have lost to them as well...Gibson Co did have a white girl down low that played really well...I have her # written down in my car but it's raining so I'm staying inside..Also ..a black girl at the guard spot looked look..Has good form on her shot..Seemed to have good range shooting behind the 3 point line..

What about Perry Co.?No love or what?????

i would say that they are anywhere from 12-16. i should revise my top 12, Pickett Co lost a huge addition to that team, Padgett went down for the season with a torn ACL. so they have to drop with a loss like that, heck of a player. Hope she fully recovers soon.

they did lose to Millington..but every team that was there would have lost to them as well...Gibson Co did have a white girl down low that played really well...I have her # written down in my car but it's raining so I'm staying inside..Also ..a black girl at the guard spot looked look..Has good form on her shot..Seemed to have good range shooting behind the 3 point line..

The white post girl is Jennalee Pate...She is a 3 year starter now! She is strong in the post and has a pretty good turn around shot...We have 2 black guards in Jeniqua Jennings (shooting guard) and Heather Butler (point guard)....Jeniqua is only a Junior this year and Heather is only a sophomore...Heather also had 18 points against Dresden the other night...not bad for a Sophomore PG!!!!