Warren Co. Season

Nitro14

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I need the blue hat! How are things looking so far? All the kids that I coached in youth league have graduated so I'm in the dark on the upcoming kids.

IMO, Things seem to be coming together pretty well! The Defense looks good. Coach Evans is doing a great job with them. The Offense is a work in progress and Coach Madewell is working hard. They are starting to get the plays and assignments down. The lineman seem to be alot more physical this year to me. Didn't seem to have as many players at practice Friday for some reason. There is a good mix of Seniors, Juniors and Soph's that will contribute this year. The scrimmage this Friday against Cleveland will be a big test. I agree with "utchuckd" about Ryan Smith helping with spring practice, that shows "Pioneer Pride" and hats off to all the coaches! I heard the other day they were going to run spring practice for the middle school too, since no coaches have been hired "Pioneer Pride". No matter how many curve balls they keep being throwed, they keep hanging in there!

IMO, Things seem to be coming together pretty well! The Defense looks good. Coach Evans is doing a great job with them. The Offense is a work in progress and Coach Madewell is working hard. They are starting to get the plays and assignments down. The lineman seem to be alot more physical this year to me. Didn't seem to have as many players at practice Friday for some reason. There is a good mix of Seniors, Juniors and Soph's that will contribute this year. The scrimmage this Friday against Cleveland will be a big test. I agree with "utchuckd" about Ryan Smith helping with spring practice, that shows "Pioneer Pride" and hats off to all the coaches! I heard the other day they were going to run spring practice for the middle school too, since no coaches have been hired "Pioneer Pride". No matter how many curve balls they keep being throwed, they keep hanging in there!

Nitro I ask this question because you alluded to it in your post. Do you or does anyone else think the administration at the highschool namely the principal is trying to force Coach Madewell out the door. I like and respect both coach Madewell and coach Smith, but from the outside looking in it seems they are really attempting to tie the hands of the head football coach. It is a shame how much the staff has been depleted with no hires being made. It is also a testament to coach Madewell and the others that they are working their tails off regardless of the situation. Once again a sad commentary of the decision makers for the highschool especially the principal. When will the madness end.

Nitro I ask this question because you alluded to it in your post. Do you or does anyone else think the administration at the highschool namely the principal is trying to force Coach Madewell out the door. I like and respect both coach Madewell and coach Smith, but from the outside looking in it seems they are really attempting to tie the hands of the head football coach. It is a shame how much the staff has been depleted with no hires being made. It is also a testament to coach Madewell and the others that they are working their tails off regardless of the situation. Once again a sad commentary of the decision makers for the highschool especially the principal. When will the madness end.

ABSOLUTELY

I think the principle is out to get rid of Madewell by doing all this crap to the program. HE don't have the B**** to fire him. The football program is the only one that has even come close to being competitive.

WOW! Tough question! I wouldn't think that to be the case. Coach Madewell & staff continue to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes. Going to the middle school to run spring drills after they have had since October to find a coach shows their commitment. I have gained more respect for the remaining coaches and lost some for some others that are in the "system" if you know what I mean. I have been a little critical of some of the coaches in the past and still don't agree with some things, but I don't believe WC sports problems are isolated to coaching. It's not the coaches fault or the middle schools either that we cannot get any coaches to apply here. Until we start paying our teachers and coaches decent money and raising our kids to work hard and to show respect for themselves and others we will keep struggling.

ABSOLUTELY

The football program is the only one that has even come close to being competitive.

That is not a valid statement-The High School soccer boys are very competitive advancing to the District-Semi this year with a 8-5-2 record and they play the Murfreesboro teams-They have finished no worse than 4th in their district in the last what like 9years With at least 4 district titles 2 region titles and a state semi birth-The boys tennis team had an outstanding record this year-finishing second in the district with Vance going to region. They to compete against the Murf-schools. I love the football team but there are other successfull sports programs at the high school