Melrose (8-4A, 1 seed) vs Kingsbury (8-4A, 3 seed)

kwc

Ok folks ... Melrose vs. Kingsbury, round 2 of the playoffs AND round 2 between these two teams. Who do you think wins? After that 436 yard on 28 carries performance Gabriel Hunter displayed against Munford .. does this change anything or is Melrose still the favorite? How many yards does Gabe get in this game? What's the final score?

I'm going to say this:

Melrose wins

No, it changes nothing as far as the game goes but it does move Gabe up in the premier RB category.

Gabe gets about 115 or something like that, and that is saying alot against this Melrose 'D'.

Final score: Melrose 20 - Kingsbury 8

Ok folks ... Melrose vs. Kingsbury, round 2 of the playoffs AND round 2 between these two teams. Who do you think wins? After that 436 yard on 28 carries performance Gabriel Hunter displayed against Munford .. does this change anything or is Melrose still the favorite? How many yards does Gabe get in this game? What's the final score?

I'm going to say this:

Melrose wins

No, it changes nothing as far as the game goes but it does move Gabe up in the premier RB category.

Gabe gets about 115 or something like that, and that is saying alot against this Melrose 'D'.

Final score: Melrose 20 - Kingsbury 8

I buy that prediction kwc. I think Kingsbury felt they had something to prove vs Munford, mission accomplished. I don't think they will carry much of the momentum into Melrose though. It seems to me that Melrose is hitting their stride as the playoffs got close, and are peaking at the right time. We'll see how far it takes them.

By the way, I doubt you have anything of much interest going on Friday evening....you oughta try making it over to the fairgrounds to watch the W.S./Houston game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I buy that prediction kwc. I think Kingsbury felt they had something to prove vs Munford, mission accomplished. I don't think they will carry much of the momentum into Melrose though. It seems to me that Melrose is hitting their stride as the playoffs got close, and are peaking at the right time. We'll see how far it takes them.

By the way, I doubt you have anything of much interest going on Friday evening....you oughta try making it over to the fairgrounds to watch the W.S./Houston game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As I make my Millington travel plans.

Melrose 19 .................. Kingsbury 15.

Based on what I learned about Melrose's earlier loss to Kingsbury, I'm predicting a Melrose victory in this one. Due to Melrose's offensive inconsistency and lack of discipline, however, I still would not be shocked to see Kingsbury knock Melrose out of the playoffs!

Don't forget that Kingsbury has already gone into Orange Mound and beat Melrose this season. Yes it was only by 1 point but it's still a victory. On the other hand, revenge can be a powerful motivator. Munford had just beated Kingsbury by 4 touchdowns a couple of weeks ago and look what happened last week.

Melrose has had some injuries but their losses on the year have been by 1 point to Kingsbury,Whitehaven and by 6 points to Mitchell. Those are pretty good teams that they lost to. They have only given up 44 points on the year and have 6 shutouts. If Melrose is healthy, then I say they win in a close win. But history has a way of repeating itself. Think back over the past number of years and what has been the biggest problem Melrose has had. Kicking. They lost 7-6 and 13-12 this year and those games in the semifinals 7-6 a couple of years ago. Ought to be a pretty good one.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As I make my Millington travel plans.

oh yeah...I heard something about a little get together up there for Friday evening....you and some friends going to play a little football too? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't forget that Kingsbury has already gone into Orange Mound and beat Melrose this season. Yes it was only by 1 point but it's still a victory. On the other hand, revenge can be a powerful motivator. Munford had just beated Kingsbury by 4 touchdowns a couple of weeks ago and look what happened last week.

Melrose has had some injuries but their losses on the year have been by 1 point to Kingsbury,Whitehaven and by 6 points to Mitchell. Those are pretty good teams that they lost to. They have only given up 44 points on the year and have 6 shutouts. If Melrose is healthy, then I say they win in a close win. But history has a way of repeating itself. Think back over the past number of years and what has been the biggest problem Melrose has had. Kicking. They lost 7-6 and 13-12 this year and those games in the semifinals 7-6 a couple of years ago. Ought to be a pretty good one.

Well ... anytime a RB can run for 436 yards in a playoff game against a 2nd seed ... they get my attention. Just think ... he's comming back next year. Anyway ... Melrose already knows what that young man can do ... and they have payback on their mind. I think Gabe will find little running room all night.

Now ... about the Melrose kicking game ... it has haunted them before ... you mentioned the 7-6 semi-final loss to Hillsboro ... you failed to mention the 22-21 loss to Hillsboro the year after that @ Hillsboro ... then the 7-6 loss to Maryville in the championship game the following year after that! And folks think that kicking haunted Bobby Bowden .... SHEESH!!!!! Yet and still ... out of all of those games ... it's the 'D' that carried them. I don't think they allow Gabe to beat them this time.

I didn't make it to the first game that these two teams played, but i know that Melrose and all of Orangemound was embarrassed at the loss to Kingsbury. Since those earlier close losses the team has played on a different level defensively. They are now playing like a true Melrose team with a purpose. Speaking of a kicking game, you are right. We simply can't understand why a powerhouse program like Melrose and some of the other city school programs don"t address this problem in the off season. Our lack of a kicking game have cost us at least three state titles.

I didn't make it to the first game that these two teams played, but i know that Melrose and all of Orangemound was embarrassed at the loss to Kingsbury. Since those earlier close losses the team has played on a different level defensively. They are now playing like a true Melrose team with a purpose. Speaking of a kicking game, you are right. We simply can't understand why a powerhouse program like Melrose and some of the other city school programs don"t address this problem in the off season. Our lack of a kicking game have cost us at least three state titles.

I agree wholeheartedly. I know that Whitehaven is addressing it ... but you have to have someone who is knowledgeable in that area to get better. That is usually the issue that hinders improvement.