Don'ta Hightowers signing at 9am

voiceofrockets

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't sign till February.

Right, but if that is in fact where he wants to go, he should commit. As good of a class as they are putting together, he would not want to be left on the outside looking in. Jones can wait till after signing day as high as his stock is right now.

ruse?

Right, but if that is in fact where he wants to go, he should commit. As good of a class as they are putting together, he would not want to be left on the outside looking in. Jones can wait till after signing day as high as his stock is right now.

ruse?

I have no problem with a player making an oral commitment, it's just the title of the thread is misleading.

From someone who was at the press conference.....Hightower came in carring a bag and sat down at a table with a Bama hat, Vandy hat and a Barn hat. (not sure why the barn hat was there because they never were really in the running). Anyway....with out a lot of fanfair he reached in the bag and pulls out a houndstooth Bama hat and says...this is where I want to be. Welcome to Bama Dont'a!

This is from someone who was there and paid attention. There was only one bag and only one hat he had no intention of misleading anyone. It could be funny to some people the way you wrote the message at first but Dont'a and his family just wanted to make the announcement not to rub it anyones face. Quality young man who just made a choice.

This is from someone who was there and paid attention. There was only one bag and only one hat he had no intention of misleading anyone. It could be funny to some people the way you wrote the message at first but Dont'a and his family just wanted to make the announcement not to rub it anyones face. Quality young man who just made a choice.

A saw the video this morning and you are correct. I was given the info about the 3 hats second hand. Dont'a is a class act from a good family and we are thrilled to have him at Bama. Trust me....I'm as big a Bama fan as you will find....I'm glad he did it the way he did. I just got wrong info on the hats...no foul intended

I've seen Hightower play a couple times this year. I'm not sure he'll make it in the SEC where everyone will be as big, if not bigger, and alot faster. Looked slow.

If he gets bigger maybe a DT, but not fast enough for DE in the SEC.

Obviously, someone at Alabama thinks he can help them. It is their opinion that counts.

I've seen Hightower play a couple times this year. I'm not sure he'll make it in the SEC where everyone will be as big, if not bigger, and alot faster. Looked slow.

He will indeed be a Great SEC player. He has the speed to start right now as a high school senior 4.7 at 250 lbs....what do you run?

I respect your opinion but if Coach Steele and Coach Saban (along with a lot of other SEC coaches) think he can make an impact in the SEC at LB or DE then that's good enough for me