5A Lineman

Mike McAdoo, Antioch

David Spurlock, Riverdale

LaDarrius Verge, Riverdale

5A Back

Jeff Link, White Station

Andre Sterling, Farragut

Rodriguez Wilks, Smyrna

Also up for the kicker award from 5A is Kase Whitehead of William Blount. They dont have individual nominees for every classification, but rather 3 candidates in the entire state regardless of classification.

Region 4 represented well with 3 nominations, two up for lineman and a back /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all these young men

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...SPORTS/71114019

5A Lineman

Mike McAdoo, Antioch

David Spurlock, Riverdale

LaDarrius Verge, Riverdale

5A Back

Jeff Link, White Station

Andre Sterling, Farragut

Rodriguez Wilks, Smyrna

Also up for the kicker award from 5A is Kase Whitehead of William Blount. They dont have individual nominees for every classification, but rather 3 candidates in the entire state regardless of classification.

Region 4 represented well with 3 nominations, two up for lineman and a back /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all these young men

Who do you guys think will win the Lineman award. Having all 3 of these guys from within about 15-20 miles apart is pretty impressive. I think the 2 from Riverdale are better than McAdoo, but do they split the vote?

I don't know about the White Station kid, but I think it is awfully hard for a WR to win against a RB with monster stats. I think Wilks is more than likely the best of the three, but if these voters just look at stats, Running back stats jump off the page. Fair or not, I think that is how it will go.

I don't know about the White Station kid, but I think it is awfully hard for a WR to win against a RB with monster stats. I think Wilks is more than likely the best of the three, but if these voters just look at stats, Running back stats jump off the page. Fair or not, I think that is how it will go.

Technically they shouldn't be looking at WR stats anyways.. Wide Receiver is not a "back".. He does play DB, so they should only look at those stats for him.. IMO... I think he will win it though, even though Sterling should.

Technically they shouldn't be looking at WR stats anyways.. Wide Receiver is not a "back".. He does play DB, so they should only look at those stats for him.. IMO... I think he will win it though, even though Sterling should.

You're kidding right? The Back category encompasses all skill positions including Wide Receiver...always has. Just because the position of Wide Receiver doesn't have "back" in the title, doesn't mean you shouldn't include them.

Who do you guys think will win the Lineman award. Having all 3 of these guys from within about 15-20 miles apart is pretty impressive. I think the 2 from Riverdale are better than McAdoo, but do they split the vote?

The White Station "kid" is Jeff Link, our QB. Doesn't do a lot of running, except for occassional rollouts. His forte' is passing. Pretty good at it too!. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

of course its a hard pick for a riverdale fan to make, both extremely talented standout players. i will go with Verge tho, maybe him being a defensive player i take more notice to him as i see him making the plays while i can only see spurlock opening up plays.

verge always makes big plays...sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, tackles for loss, pass deflections, touchdowns, he has done it all. he's the guy thats gonna step up on 3rd and 4th downs and make the big play.

more recently he has been given a role in the offense as TE and so far both times he has been thrown to he has had 17+ yard touchdown receptions.

spurlock is equally valuable to our oline, the size, strength, and intensity he brings. you constantly see him blow guys off the ball and he goes to the whistle every play.

both of these guys have tremendous game speed also, a pleasure to get to watch these 2 play and if you havent, hopefully the whole southeast will get to see them play december 8th for a state championship /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

see video of wilkes at

www.storkmontgomery.com

he is on there a couple places including our stars

he is not only a big time wr but one heck of a returner

I know I am biased but he is the best skill player I have seen this year and probably last year to

I noticed he likes to celebrate after every play, bu w/e just my opinion...

here are a few runs from Andre Sterling.

vs. William Blount

vs. Jefferson Co.

vs. Heritage

vs. Oak Ridge 1

vs. Oak Ridge 2

vs. Bearden

vs. Knox Central

you can see more at Farragutfootball.com