Sequoyah Football

warchief

I'm a personal friend of Coach Summey. Ever since Coach Summey came to SHS last year, I've been following and reading posts and replies on here. I've just tried to not reply/post to where I would not be somewhat bias. However, I must now post a reply.

After speaking with Coach Summey today, he did inform me that a possibility of part of the "plan" to keep him in the school system is to have him return to the football program as "VOLUNTEER COACH". This is not set in stone at this time but a possible option as part of the "plan." We'll wait and see what happens in the near future.....

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post much anymore but lurk often. I can't believe some of the misinformation, and out right lies that get posted on here from time to time. I have direct access to information on oak grove. I can tell you plain and simple Mr Summey's wounds were self inflicted, there was no conspiracy, it could have all been avoided. If you handle situations correctly there is no need to watch anyones back. Or cover your rear end. Some of you know it alls should just give Gregory a call, I think he will give you a straight story. If you have ever dealt with him he is a straight shooter. Summey was not wooed. It was a political hire plain and simple. There were a small group of people that pulled strings that got him hired(they rang the phones off the hook at oak grove). Truth is he was wayyyyyyyy down the list of most of those that were involved. That order (to hire)came from board members and the top. Political all the way. Not based on credentials in any form or fashion. Untill those things change in Monore County. You will continue to get the same.

Hey just because you did not want him did not mean he was not a good candidate for this job, the improvements this team has made in the last year is enough proof. And to come on here and say there was no conspiracy that is the biggest joke of all.

Torseq, Dum Dum you guys are being awful quiet how do you feel about this.

The same hounds that toook down Summey will shortly turn their attention to Gregory. Hope he has his back side covered. SQHS worked long and hard to whoo Summey then they dumped him. Good things just are not allowed in Monroe Cty. Parents and kids make the rules here. Summey was the HEAD coach and he was good at playing the BOSS to bad others cant handle that. Oh MY FEELINGS!!!! TOOOOOO many cheifs and not enough indians. Some of us will try hard to watch your back Gregory.

I've been watching this sad soap opera for years. The football program and all the other sports at Sequoyah are really circling the drain. I am sure the folks from Vonore pine for the days when they had their own school. The military term FUBAR fits the Sequoyah situation to a tee and the odds of it getting better are slim to none. Parents in the county would do well to explore all their options rather than automatically send their kids to this asylum.

No,that wasn't you. That was coach Summey. The whole staff was supposed to attend the scrimmage together,but you guys already had the wheels in motion to get rid of coach Summey. Whatever spin the principal,administration,and present coaching staff wants to put on this will not hide the truth.

You want the truth Mike? I had told Mr. Summey about the scrimmage and the rest of the staff during a meeting. He (Summey) was suppose to let us know. He never called or contacted anyone. I decided to go to the scrimmage and the ENTIRE staff except for Justice was there. Gregory,Black, Saunders, Roberts and me. Your conspiracy theory is a fallacy also. I can't speak for the rest of them but as for me if YOU want to spread lies you best leave me out of it.

You want the truth Mike? I had told Mr. Summey about the scrimmage and the rest of the staff during a meeting. He (Summey) was suppose to let us know. He never called or contacted anyone. I decided to go to the scrimmage and the ENTIRE staff was there. Gregory,Black, Saunders, Roberts and me. Your conspiracy theory is a fallacy also. I can't speak for the rest of them but as for me if YOU want to spread lies you best leave me out of it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm done,have it your way.

First of all I have no dog in this fight whatsoever. But I do have some questions?

Why would "volunteer coaches" be in the meeting? Isn't this a school/school system issue?

Why would an Athletic Director be an assistant coach? Let me get this straight.

The Head Coach would be the assistant coaches boss, but the Athletic Director (assistant) is the Head Coaches boss.

I don't see how this could be a good situation for any Head Coach. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Dr. Dave: Show a Coach respect by calling him Coach, not addressing him as Mr.

Seems like you selected that saluatory on purpose. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all I have no dog in this fight whatsoever. But I do have some questions?

Why would "volunteer coaches" be in the meeting? Isn't this a school/school system issue?

The Head Coach would be the assistant coaches boss, but the Athletic Director (assistant) is the Head Coaches boss.

I don't see how this could be a good situation for any Head Coach. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Seems like you selected that saluatory on purpose. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know the cliche about monkeys trying to mimic a certain biological act with a football ? Get the monkeys good and drunk first and they will be a fine tuned, well oiled machine, compared to the Sequoyah circus.

Please someone list the names and how many years each stayed as head football coach at Sequoyah?

Who are the current "volunteer" coaches?

Also, I am curious, has the same "volunteer" coaches served under each head coach?