Sequoyah Football

warchief

I dont need a friend or someone to pal around with. I need a coach that will make my boy the best football player he can be. Maybe the reason he didnt get along with parents and some of the others is that he couldnt be manipulated. If hes a good coach and doesnt seem to be just passing through, he just might be what we need. Just a thought.

Notice I didnt say anything negative. Ive turned over a new leaf.

There are people out there that will take those maybe's for this or maybe for that and give you the truth. Truth that will be collaborated by others. So "maybe" you should take some of them up on there offer.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Coach G is quite ready to be head coach yet, maybe in a few years he'll be able to get better at play calling then maybe be a candidate to be a head coach. It would be good for him to work under Satterfield for a few years and broaden those offensive horizons. Yeah it definitely should not be someone from last years staff that takes over a few people decided we wasn't going in the right direction this past year, so we know that it should definitely be a new direction that we head in.

Dude what are you smoking, you need to get yourself off drugs. Coach Gregory has been a coach for close to twenty years and he has even said that he has already had his ego trip and has no desire to be head coach, he loves what he does as a AD.

So whats the news on a coach, anybody heard? I kinda hope its the coach from Auburn, this guy could have connections to college recruiters, not just for Sequoyah but other schools in Monroe County. I'm not knocking Satterfield but I do know he had a great bunch of tallent in 1987, I played them and they were tough, including Brian Hanley and some guy nicknamed the Iceman, big and Nasty! Yeah Satterfield went to the playoffs alot but it was always Greenback and Midway (most of the time) who came out of that district (was very easy to make the playoffs), so I'm not sold on Satterfield just yet, does anyone know if hes been coaching lately? Go CHIEFS!!!

A winner against hand picked weak competition. He has never been in demand!!!!! Has tried to get the Seq. job 4 times now????? He can't even find a football coaching job now and they(the Vonore boys) think he should be hired over a guy that has been a college head coach 3 times and currently is in the coaching ranks in college. I mean what part can't you guys see about that??? I tell you why is because you don't want to, you just want what you want regardless of the collateral damage. It should always be about the kids. If you get your way on this,,, in my eyes and a whole community of other people's eyes Those of you involved, those of you that have run over to Lowery and told him lies and misled him, those of you ringing the phone off the hook you will never be looked at the same. Like you said if you talk to different people you hear different things. Like EVERYONE I talk to can't believe Satterfield is even in the top 3 Except for the same old tired bunch that rammed Summey down everyones throats and we all know how that turned out, this will not be any better if that hand full of people have there way. Sad

RED CHIEF why don't you come out of the closet and tell everyone who u r? How can u say he has never been in demand when the only year he has not coached was last year. The school that he is at now is in the process of building a football stadium and starting a football team. I wonder who they intend on coaching the team???? Just to let u know, I have not one time called over to OAK GROVE RD to offer my input. Mr. Lowery has called me to ask what people r saying around Vonore, and I only tell him what I hear. I do not believe that this is a crime.

RED CHIEF why don't you come out of the closet and tell everyone who u r? How can u say he has never been in demand when the only year he has not coached was last year. The school that he is at now is in the process of building a football stadium and starting a football team. I wonder who they intend on coaching the team???? Just to let u know, I have not one time called over to OAK GROVE RD to offer my input. Mr. Lowery has called me to ask what people r saying around Vonore, and I only tell him what I hear. I do not believe that this is a crime.

If he were as a great a coach as you and some of your buddies seem to think in a 20 year coaching span there would have been upward movement in his coaching career. Someone would have came knocking and he would have to answer. Greenback is not a bad place but even you would have to admit they do not have a great deal of resources to throw at someone if they had too. By your own admission his last two jobs are going to be starting programs from scratch. Not exactly the kind of jobs that a coach with a lot of options would take. In fact it would have to be in most logical circles seen as a last resort to just be employed. I am sure there are a lot of people that have a vested interest in that Lowery will call YOU but want even return there phone calls and you think this is not politically motivated? have you been out to Oak Grove? PJ the truth will all come out on this one because people are fed up and you have got yourself in the middle of a mess(maybe not intentionally). If they hire Satterfield based on who the other applicants are it will go down as one of the biggest debacles this County has seen in a long time. There will be no defending the defenseless. Too much has been said and too many lies told. I am not trying to be over dramatic here, but there are going to be some people that will never be looked at the same. They best enjoy there few minutes of fame. Then they can go look all those kids in the eyes and tell them how much they care about them, they will never ever forget what some have done to them, they just want and deserve a chance, unfortunately because of a selfish few they may not get it. I don't care about anything else you are involved in, what I am talking about it this issue. If you will just look at it unemotionally and think about it. PJ I know in your heart you will agree with me......The right thing needs to be done and it isn't plain and simple. NO MORE POLITICAL HIRES please!

If he were as a great a coach as you and some of your buddies seem to think in a 20 year coaching span there would have been upward movement in his coaching career. Someone would have came knocking and he would have to answer. Greenback is not a bad place but even you would have to admit they do not have a great deal of resources to throw at someone if they had too. By your own admission his last two jobs are going to be starting programs from scratch. Not exactly the kind of jobs that a coach with a lot of options would take. In fact it would have to be in most logical circles seen as a last resort to just be employed. I am sure there are a lot of people that have a vested interest in that Lowery will call YOU but want even return there phone calls and you think this is not politically motivated? have you been out to Oak Grove? PJ the truth will all come out on this one because people are fed up and you have got yourself in the middle of a mess(maybe not intentionally). If they hire Satterfield based on who the other applicants are it will go down as one of the biggest debacles this County has seen in a long time. There will be no defending the defenseless. Too much has been said and too many lies told. I am not trying to be over dramatic here, but there are going to be some people that will never be looked at the same. They best enjoy there few minutes of fame. Then they can go look all those kids in the eyes and tell them how much they care about them, they will never ever forget what some have done to them, they just want and deserve a chance, unfortunately because of a selfish few they may not get it. I don't care about anything else you are involved in, what I am talking about it this issue. If you will just look at it unemotionally and think about it. PJ I know in your heart you will agree with me......The right thing needs to be done and it isn't plain and simple. NO MORE POLITICAL HIRES please!

But RedChief, you didn't answer his first question...You didn't tell us who you are. It's obvious you're someone on the inside or with a great deal of interest in this program. All of your posts make is sound as though you have a lot invested in it. It all really makes for very interesting reading.

I am not saying that it has to be Coach Satterfield as the hire. All I am doing is stating my opinion on what I think is a good coach. I will support whoever Sequoyah hires as the next football coach. I have made it clear to everyone that what I think we need at Sequoyah first and foremost is stability. I am not on here to make any enemies. I want what is best 4 our kids. I do hope that if they do hire Coach Satterfield that everyone on here would support him as a coach. I do wish that people would quit referring to people in negative ways on here. I do not understand why people hide behind a screen name, unless they r afraid that they just might be wrong about what they r saying on here. If I am wrong than everyone will know it, but at least I am being a man about it. Oh I almost forgot, the answer to your question of have I been out to Oak Grove; the answer is no!

PJ McKee

Yeah he made the playoffs with a what 4 and 6 or was it 3 and 7 record? Why was he let go from Grace after to doing such a wonderfull job? If you look back at that record at GreenBack his schedule was filled with very bad teams. One year they went 9-1 and the ten teams they played had won something like a total of 14 games COMBINED! He pretty much always played a very soft schedule. If he was such a hot commodity how come no one stole him from Greenback???? He has a reputaion of being very hard to get along with. There are people in Greenback that had prayed that every time the Sequoyah job came open that he would get the job. I mean he is not even coaching football now, he is coaching basketball, Now that is being in real demand. Like a guy told me the other day he(SATTERFIELD) couldn't even get an interview at the places that one of the applicants for the Sequoyah job has been,,,, but you guys want what you want regardless of what it does to the kids. Evidently it easier for that crowd to sit back B@#ch and moan than sweat and work ,,,it is all about EGO,sound familiar?????. It appears that you Vonore guys want to live in the past, you get your nose bent out of shape about Ronnie and the VERY SAME GROUP that rang the phones off the wall at oak grove for Summey are at it again. You guys are absolutley killing the kids with all this Vonore BS, LET IT GO!!!! You got some guys over there that think they are football Gurus and want to get there nose in it and all they do is show there ignorance buy struting around with there tail feathers stuck all out. I think Black And Gold was exactly correct how many of you Vonore guys are at work days???????? I don't carE if you work or not, if you got kids or not, or if you coach or not so DO A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!! BUT THEY DON'T USE IT AS EXCUSES! All those guys sitting around over at Vick's blowing smoke about what they know and what they would do..... NONE of them EVER show up to work or try and do something positive they just sit around and b@#ch. And these are they guys that are wearing the Superintendents ear out. Well if you guys screw this hire up it will be on you all forever, People will never forget it....

Hold the phone just a minute there sack of crap. The one an only time that Greenback went 9-1 in regular season was '01 in which we finished runner-up in region to Midway. That year our opponents won close to 40 games combined not your so called 14 games, you need to recheck your s#!@. Here's '01 opponent records Pigeon Forge(first yr competing for playoffs) 4-6; *CAK(first yr competing for playoffs) 0-8; Jellico 6-4; *Oakdale 2-8; Sequoyah 2-8; *Midway 8-2; *Coalfield 5-5; *Sunbright 4-6; *Oneida 7-3; West Greene 2-8. Now, under coach Satterfield we had two undefended reg. seasons '87 & '02, but we have had several seasons where we've gone 7-3 or 6-4. As for you sayin that we have had soft schedules how can playing higher classification school be soft. During the yrs of coach Satterfield it was hard for Greenback to even fill a full schedule cause the higher class schools didn't want to get beat by 1A team, but we were able to get some of those. So here is some of the teams that we have played under Satterfield: Ezell-Harding, Catholic, South Pittsburg, Boyd-Buchanan, Trousdale Co., Gordonsville, an Gatlinburg-Pittman.

An of course he went 4-6 the year he made the playoff at GCA, so whats the big deal about that anyway there's a total of 5 teams at the time in region 1-1A. All you had to do was win at least 2 region games.

Agree 100%!!!! I talked with a gentleman that has been around Greenback football for many years and I just asked him about Satterfield. His comment was he is a good coach but can not get a long with parents, teachers, players, or other adminstrators. He said his biggest problem was his son played baseball and football. Coach was very much against kids playing other sports besides football. Coach would tell the players when spring practice begins you will be at football if you are going to play for me!! Sounds like the guy we need heading up our program! Ya right!! thats a good one!!

Just who in the s#!@ did you talk to anyway? He doesn't know what his talkin bout b/c everything he told you is the complete opposite. He got along great with the parents, teachers, players, coaches, and adminstrators. Here's a question for ya if he was against kids playing other sports besides football why did he coach basketball a couple of times? He wasn't against kids playing other sports besides football, he encouraged the kids to participate in other sports if they wanted to. Now, for the spring practice thing, that is a bunch of bulls#!@.

As for his son being a problem, did he personally talk to the son I doubt it. He played football 4yrs, basketball 4yrs, an baseball his senior year, he was All-State in both football and basketball. He went on an played basketball at Chattanooga State an then went an played football at ETSU in '96 an '97.

The one an only thing I agree with what that dumba$$ said is that coach Satterfield is a great coach.

Agree 100%!!!! I talked with a gentleman that has been around Greenback football for many years and I just asked him about Satterfield. His comment was he is a good coach but can not get a long with parents, teachers, players, or other adminstrators. He said his biggest problem was his son played baseball and football. Coach was very much against kids playing other sports besides football. Coach would tell the players when spring practice begins you will be at football if you are going to play for me!! Sounds like the guy we need heading up our program! Ya right!! thats a good one!!

I think you may want to see if your " gentleman that has been around greenback football for many years " has sobered up yet. Everything I've seen and been told was Satterfield STRONGLY encouraged multi sport athletes. All one has to do is some basic math to see the stupidity of the Satterfield not wanting kids playing other sports beside football statement. Greenback has an enrollment of about 200 highschool students. Figure aprox half of them are female, if kids weren't playing two or more sports the school would be dropping programs like hot rocks. Satterfield personally started the wrestling team. They tried a track team and gave it a go but with no track it was kind of tough. With the exception of men's soccer they seem to have all the major sports covered. As a percentage of total male students participating in varsity sports under Satterfield ( and continuing to this day ) Greenback has numbers Sequoyah wouldn't even dare dream about. I don't know if Satterfield is the answer to the Sequoyah mess or not but to dismiss him out of hand is idiotic.

But RedChief, you didn't answer his first question...You didn't tell us who you are. It's obvious you're someone on the inside or with a great deal of interest in this program. All of your posts make is sound as though you have a lot invested in it. It all really makes for very interesting reading.

I have access to information at Oak Grove. I will remain anonymous for now. I have a lot invested in this community. I just want the powers to be to make decisions on what is best for the kids and not certain special interest groups.

I have access to information at Oak Grove. I will remain anonymous for now. I have a lot invested in this community. I just want the powers to be to make decisions on what is best for the kids and not certain special interest groups.

What is best for the kids? Would it be best for the kids to have another coach who is just passing through or to have a coach that plans on staying? Would these coach prospects from out of town stay for years or would they just use this as a stepping stone. No one, not even the coach prospects themselves, knows if they would like this area or if they would be miserable here and immediately start looking for something else. It seems to me that it would be better to have a quality coach with ties in a this community or at least nearby so he doesnt just run on to the next oppertunity. What this program needs, more than anything, is stability. The fact that Coach Satterfield stayed in Greenback for so long as a coach and still (I think) lives in the area says a lot about his likelyhood of staying. Do we just want the connection to the SEC for this one year or do we want the program to be successfull for years to come. I dont want to just have a good year and then be right back in this situation next year. I want the best for this year and years to come.

PS

What makes your opinion so much more accurate as to what is best for the kid(s).