Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

Price is a great kid and respects her counterparts! I am sure she's had outside pressure to play well each year since she has played for her mother. Don't forget, her dad was the boys coach at Cheorkee years before her mother and had successful, competitive teams. Lots of basketball knowledge and training in that house. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Kelsey is a great young lady- I believe Potts leaving affected her more than the other players. Good luck to her in the future. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congradulations to Ashlee, I saw where she has signed with Milligan to continue her basketball career. Good luck to a very quality young lady, a class act.

Kelsey is going on to University of Tennessee to be a student. As her father, I was blessed to watch her play basketball for a long time. I am very proud of what she has accomplished, both on and off the court.

Because of athletics and the technology of MySpace and Facebook, Kelsey and Ashlee have developed an apprecaition for each other, if not a true friendship. I have watched them play against each other for three years, and after all the tough battles, they have still sought each other out after games for more than the normal post game handshake. To me, it is what sports is all about.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Memories Awards: Kelsey Elliot and Ashley Price. For three years, these names have been banished around our home and at school like we know these girls and I don't - just by a number on a uniform. We played Cherokee 7 times in 3 years and won 1 game - all close and Ashley Price made free throws, got a rebound, or got a loose ball or something in the last seconds of those games to seal the win for them. I don't know her plans, but she is much like a coach on the floor, can keep on playing if she wants and then become a good coach.

I have two memories of Kelsey Elliot that remind me that these are still somebody's daughters and that this is still just a game. First is when she was a sophomore playing against us at Jeff and she made 5 or 6 3's that night. After the last one she was so excited she must have jump 2 feet in the air. The second one was last Friday night after her last home game after she was recognized and after she had spoken to the crowd as everyone was leaving the floor and the boys were warming up, there was a very long, very emotional hug between her and her former coach - Coach Potts.

Best wishes to both and to all seniors

LadyRedFan - thanks for the kind words about Kelsey. You are right that so many of these players become common names in our households, and in many cases we don't know them at all. That Soph game you reference holds many special memories for me, and I appreciate you noticing the joy that Kelsey had in playing the game. Although we didn't know it at the time, that was actually the 7th 3 pointer of the game, tying a school record. She shot that ball from right in front of her bench, and as she tells the story, as it left her hand, Coach Potts was already up calling time-out, he was certain it was in.

I will miss the IMAC posters, I have had a lot of fun the last three years as I first discovered, and then became addicted to CoachT. It was for the most part a fun group to interact with, and the good natured jabbing between several "regulars" was quite entertaining. I have endured in silence for the most part the few shots taken at players I know, especailly my daughter. As Chris Loften has shown us recently, there are sometimes other things affecting one's play that are not obvious to the fan in the stands, or to the typist on these boards. I hope that everyone will consider that the next time they decide to come down hard on a particular individual.

I was also proud to be part of a group thread that could twice be around 500 posts without getting shut down. Thanks

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />