D1 state tourney

Guest Planecrash

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dickd

I was there with an 86 team and got to see Memphis Rangers 84 play Sunday. Incredible, they beat Nashville FC 9-0 even though scoreboard there only had 7-0 and then they played Sting in afternoon and beat them 7-0. They lost Sat morning 5-2 to Redoubt and then beat Arsenal 2-1 in afternoon. Supposedly they have 8 going to college on soccer scolarships and 2 more walking on.

The diadora Impact took home the 86 title for the 2nd time in 3 years. We told yall we were coming and we brought it and took it home. Sheer dominance all weekend. No one gave us trouble except redoubt who packed the box. fire won in the 87 age group. hendersonville in the 85 age group. great weekend of soccer.

The score was 1-0. The game however was not that close. PSA got off one quality shot from about 30 out but our keeper had it read all the way and made an easy save. We out shot them probably somewhere around 22-4. Possession belonged to us in huge amounts as well. thats how it went though.

TNFC made it to the semis but lost to PSA in what sounded like a pretty even game. They have a good side and I wished that we could have played them for a little pay back. But they didnt make it to the finals even after all the smack they talked prior to states. Funny I dont see any of them posting anymore. It wouldnt matter anyway cuz we would have dominated them even on those small fields like we did anyone else. But yeah they do have a good team and came a away with a descent(but I'm sure not what they wanted) outcome. Diadora Impact 86 representing for the 2002 holla.

Guest bo4sho

Irish, how good was the redoubt team you guys played last weekend? i've heard some promising things about them, but never had the chance to see them play.

Not Irish, but yes, he played up on the U-17 North River Y team we lost to on PK's in the U-17 Hendersonville final [we beat them 1-0 about a month later in a league game in Chattanooga]. He called us last Winter and asked to transfer and has been rostered with us since late April. We're glad to have him with us. He's very talented and competitive and he's a really nice person. He has fit in great with our team.