Bearden vs. Farragut in the Qtrs.

FHS_Admiral

As a DB fan, I think it is about Bearden's d-line vs Farragut's O-line and Sterling. Sterling is probably the best back in TN this year, but the Farragut O-line is probably in at least the top 5, if not the top. When you have a ultra talented back that has a line blowing up the D-line, it is pretty hard to overcome for Admiral opponents.

On the other hand, Bearden has one of the best defenses in the state and their offense has improved big time. This will be the best game in the state in 5A. Too bad the East bracket is so loaded because teams like WB or maybe even DB would make the semis in the west bracket. This year though, a big obstacle is out of the way (Riverdale) and chances are the winner of Farragut vs Bearden could go all the way. The east bracket is like the SEC. The west only has a few threats. Good luck to both teams from a DB fan and get ready for us next year, we will be a more experienced, bigger, better, and faster team. I hope the winner goes all the way.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that this one will be as close as the last ones have. I go to bearden, and the team has been very calm and focused this week. The problem with the first game this year was that we peaked too early. This week look for us to hit the field hard and dominate Farragut. Stopping Sterling is not even possible, so bearden will just contain him as much as possible. The only problem with Farragut is that they are a one man team, and If Sterling were to go down with an injury or get kicked out for running his mouth (again) it would be over. Bearden is very multi-dimentional and can attack from all angles. For those who are talking about Madison English being out, he played the entire game last week, and is almost completely recovered from his knee injury. He was slowed in the Ooltewah game because he was sick. Look for him and ocho-cinco to have huge games, and if logan maynard can catch a pass we will roll. I wish that coach taylor would put logan on the pine pony and let matt williamson play. I think that bearden will reverse history and win this one 35-24.

your a complete IDIOT! Andre has never gotten kicked out i dont know where the heck that came from. and Farragut is not a one man team. Last time we played you who had the winning TD???? ZACK ALLEN. HOW BOUT YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.

your a complete IDIOT! Andre has never gotten kicked out i dont know where the heck that came from. and Farragut is not a one man team. Last time we played you who had the winning TD???? ZACK ALLEN. HOW BOUT YOU GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.

I thought that #31 scored the winning TD in 2nd overtime. #9 caught a TD pass in the first overtime. Maybe you might check your facts. Slow down I do not want you to burn out before kick off and ruin your Thanksgiving. Oh by the way HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone and lets be civil, nice, courteous,gracious, or what ever you want to call it. Remember it is only a game. Or is it more than that.

Ok so I am in VA and I have to miss this game. braves.. I think he was meaning that he may run his mouth again. I have seen him run his mouth before, but he doesn't just do it for no reason. The opponent basically trys to get him to do something that would get him kicked out because they know they would have a chance at winning if that happened. That is def. what it looked like in the Ooltewah game. Late hit after late hit, not just on him, and I am pretty sure the Ooltewah players ran their mouths just as much. Egging him on. It is sad. After that game I have not seen Sterling even come close to running his mouth at all. He just does the play and goes back to the huddle. end of story.

About Farragut being one dimensional.. That is far from the truth. Yes, they have Sterling, but he would not be able to run like he does without somewhat of a passing game. Last year he did it all on his own. This year he has better stats simply because Farragut can pass this year. Teams can't just rely on stopping Sterling to win the game, because Farragut can throw it when they need to. Once they throw it the defense will back off opening it up for Sterling. So basically Farragut is not a 1 man team. Heck did anyone see the stats for Farragut when they played Bradley? Sophomore qb with like 4td passes. Sterling only having around 100 or so yards. not 1 dimensional at all. Can't wait. I am going to miss some of the Boise/Hawai'i game to listen to this, and if you know me that is HUGE.. so yeah. go ADs.

oh well, sugar happens.. atleast i dont make up ridiculous things about people getting kicked out of games...so once again.. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT B1TCH!!

I DID NOT MAKE UP ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. I just stated the facts. Some other poster supposedly made up this story about people getting kicked out of games. Like I said calm down, you will not make it to the so called tailgate party at 9AM Friday at BHS parking lot. Again HAPPY THANKSGIVING. It is just a game. Or is it.

It won't be in the parking lot since they wont open the gates till 4pm. (Someone from Bearden must've caught wind). But you can bet we will be there from 4 till 7. I think ill have some turkey tomorrow, take a nice nap, and get ready for the big game. I see nothing will not allow me to be there. Oh and Nick H, you are right. that is HUGE for you. monumentally huge. GO ADS.

to argue that bearden is a one dimensional offense is completely illogical. Play action then throw deep? #19 had over a thousand yards this year. Grant it, Halliday has not been playing up to his potential, but he is still a solid QB and has the trust of his team mates. You could make the argument that the admirals are one-dimensional based on Andre's numbers alone. Enough reason for the BHS safeties to play run first pass second. Martland's performance in the fourth quarter will prove crucial as Bearden loads the box with 8 defenders late in the game. Both RB's will have under 150 yds. each. (i know a bold statement for Andre)

to argue that bearden is a one dimensional offense is completely illogical. Play action then throw deep? #19 had over a thousand yards this year. Grant it, Halliday has not been playing up to his potential, but he is still a solid QB and has the trust of his team mates. You could make the argument that the admirals are one-dimensional based on Andre's numbers alone. Enough reason for the BHS safeties to play run first pass second. Martland's performance in the fourth quarter will prove crucial as Bearden loads the box with 8 defenders late in the game. Both RB's will have under 150 yds. each. (i know a bold statement for Andre)

you are so wrong on so many levels. first of all, you cant put eight in the box when Farragut runs the SPREAD. unless you wanna get burned all night. second, Farragut is not one dimensional for the 10000 time. Andre is amazing yes, but we have 5 solid wideouts and a very smart and accurate QB in Andrew. And as for Andre having under 150 yards.. you should probably just kill yourself for saying that.

I think he means if someone were to see Sterling's stats they would assume they are 1 dimensional or you can say they are 1 dimensional simply because he has so many yards.. Usually you won't have that many yards when your team has other forms of offense. Obviously if you see that Martland has over 1000passing you might think they aren't 1 dimensional, but 1 thing appears to work better than the other, or they run 1 thing more than the other.

who cares if their one-dimensional. gerald riggs was all Red Bank had in 2000 when they killed everybody and beat riverdale for the title to go 15-0. this is high school ball, sometimes you can win games just by running the ball every down. back then they all knew the ball was going to riggs (heck they put a billboard up with him dressed as superman) and no one could stop it.