Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

Now why would a maryville player bother spending time on a South/ Greeneville thread?

Are you already looking to next week? You better get ready for Red Bank, because I think they have more than you guys can handle!!!!! So your statment about the road stopping in maryville I guess you were predicting you own fate!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Can't wait til you guys become 5A, then we will see if your as bold with all your statements! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll see if I can talk Coach Clark into scheduling you guys first thing! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Is that you T.T.? Great stuff. I loved your little Ditty also (the devil going down to death valley) keep up the good work,see you at Rush St. or the game tonite. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthers08,

I respect your input. Consider the following factor though; South has much less natural speed than your average Knox area team. Not a knock at South, but the truth. South plays well as a team (I know we all hear that many times over) and it is the truth. Give Curt some of those bigger, faster, stronger guys to catch his passes or guys to block for him; and he is off the charts recruiting wise. Put Curt in Knoxville or Nashville and he is the best recruit in the state. You know Unapproved Website is here in Nashville (Brentwood) and many times over hypes local players. You put Curt on Brentwood Academy, Maryville, or MBA you can FORGET about it. I see players around Nashville getting the same hype as Curt for doing less with twice the surrounding talent. You gotta remember Curt plays for South; a good solid team, but not as many athletes as other areas. But I will leave you with this; if South does not flip out at the sight of Maryville(like TN High did), they can beat Maryville, not saying they will but they have the tools to do it. After Maryville, who cares because Maryville is the BIG game most of the time. Respect Curt though, he is for real.

I think it was the 612 tv camara's and trucks that flipped them out, not maryville.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

With huge nods to GreyGhost for his superior talent,

as we prepare to leave the house

( to the tune of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

Weeeee're off to play the Devils, the Devils of Greeneville High.

Our quarterback has a helluv an arm, his passes will really fly.

With fifteen nearby, he'll hand off the run,

And great line blocking, he'll pass from the gun

To four, seven, eleven and sixteen.

Best group of receivers you've ever seen.

The best that you've ever seen.

We're off to beat the Devils, the Devils of Greeneville High!

Obviously,I'm a Rebel fan. This is just for fun. Good luck and a safe game to all. Dress warm!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Haven't had classes all week actually so I thought I would share my opinions and stir up some trouble for you guys. If it matters im in my second year at UT carrying a 3.3 (not all that impressive but not too bad if I can brag on myself a little bit lol). The English major would probably explain my articulation, and I wouln't consider that a nothing major. If my "pregaming" comment made you lose any respect for me then you're jumping to conclusions. I don't drink...I never have and I don't have any intentions of starting now. I'm actually gonna have them scalp my ticket and go to the Red Bank Maryville game tonight. The little lady is going to text me updates from Death Valley.

As for phillips, I don't claim to have a more accurate eye then a laser timer, that would be ridiculous. But that laser timer times kids in shorts and t shirts and track shoes. Game speed is something totally different and if you disagree with that then you've never played football. We had a defensive end at Powell who plays at UTC now and he never once came close to beating me in 40 times....but when it was a race to the ball carrier the kid could absolutely fly. He went from the wrong side of 5 on the track to one of the most explosive players on the field on Fridays. 40 times can be misleading occasionally, and in my honest opinion this is one of those times.

As for the Knoxville being a big market thus leading to more recruiting debate. There's probably a lot of truth to that argument. At the same time, while a Knoxville QB would have more weapons to work with he would also be working against better athletes and facing a more intense pass rush. Everything sort of balances out in that way I feel like. Douglas is a better prospect then Curt. Granted it's a lot easier to be a D1 offensive tackle then it is to be a D1 QB but thats neither here nor there. You have your opinion of the kid and I have mine. And for the record I don't play for Powell anymore. I would be interested to see a throw off between Kier Houston (Powell's QB) and Curt though. I'm not trying to say that Kier is better then Curt by any stretch, but Kier's biggest attribute is his arm strength. I'm not saying he would throw it farther then Curt, I'm just saying I would like to see it.

I have never seen Curt Phillips play I hope that I get to see him next week in Maryville but both of the rebels teams need to win tonight. however i would like to know why a QB with a big time arm like his would committ to a team like Wisconsin where they are a predominatley run team? agian i've never seen him play and don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, just wondering

I have never seen Curt Phillips play I hope that I get to see him next week in Maryville but both of the rebels teams need to win tonight. however i would like to know why a QB with a big time arm like his would committ to a team like Wisconsin where they are a predominatley run team? agian i've never seen him play and don't mean any disrespect whatsoever, just wondering

I think it will be at South if both teams win tonight.

his running is 10 times better then his throwing. I know im going to catch alot of crap from this but i thought his running was way better. He can throw but from what i have seen if i was a coach i would have him running 9 times out of 10

From what I saw, which isn't much, and everything that I've heard from some local radio guys who have seen tape of Phillips, he is a much bigger threat to run then he is to throw. He's a pretty powerful runner, but he's not gonna run away from many dbs. His arm is decent enough because he makes good quick decision but it's nothing special. Wisconsin was (according to scouts.com) one of the top two schools to offer him. UK also offered him but outside of that it was Duke MTSU and some other smaller schools like that. He really only had two big time D1 offers. I won't speculate as to why he chose Wisconsin over UK.

With huge nods to GreyGhost for his superior talent,

as we prepare to leave the house

( to the tune of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

Weeeee're off to play the Devils, the Devils of Greeneville High.

Our quarterback has a helluv an arm, his passes will really fly.

With fifteen nearby, he'll hand off the run,

And great line blocking, he'll pass from the gun

To four, seven, eleven and sixteen.

Best group of receivers you've ever seen.

The best that you've ever seen.

We're off to beat the Devils, the Devils of Greeneville High!

Obviously,I'm a Rebel fan. This is just for fun. Good luck and a safe game to all. Dress warm!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

NICE!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I like it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yep it is about time to head to death valley everyone be safe to and from the game, Good luck to all the players tonight. Hoping for an injury free game!

REBELS - 28

Greeneville - 21

maryville - 21

Red Bank - 31

ROLL REBS ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />