Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

I want to start by saying let's not punch Maryville's ticket to the next round just yet. Red Bank is the real deal this year and could most definately end the streak. I can't make myself pick Red Bank, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened.

Now I do have a question for the South fans. Allow me to preface my statement. I have never met Curt Phillips. I have no idea what the kid is like. That being said, I have heard a lot of comments here and there that the kid is arrogant and full of himself. Again, I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE IS EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. I'm just curious if any of you guys could tell me why he has that rap? I mean did he maybe present himself that way when he was younger or is this simply Curt being targeted because he is the biggest name in the area?

Well, Curt did GUARANTEE after the first loss to Greeneville that they would NOT lose another game. If he can back that one up he is confident....if not he's cocky.....time will tell.

I do however believe Maryville is vulnerable this year. Whoever prepares effectively for their game and has the talent to execute can beat them. Red Bank, South or Greeneville are all capable. Should be an interesting Quarter and Semi.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to start by saying let's not punch Maryville's ticket to the next round just yet. Red Bank is the real deal this year and could most definately end the streak. I can't make myself pick Red Bank, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if it happened.

Now I do have a question for the South fans. Allow me to preface my statement. I have never met Curt Phillips. I have no idea what the kid is like. That being said, I have heard a lot of comments here and there that the kid is arrogant and full of himself. Again, I'M NOT SAYING THAT HE IS EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. I'm just curious if any of you guys could tell me why he has that rap? I mean did he maybe present himself that way when he was younger or is this simply Curt being targeted because he is the biggest name in the area?

I have played against Curt,and he has a swagger that all great players have,and he talks a little trash. But off the field,he works hard,he doesn't seem to enjoy when people talk about him all the time,and he is really friendly. So I feel its more of him being targeted.If you were to see him lift weights or work with his teammates,he is easy to cheer for,because of his work ethic,and if you see him in the community,he is a great role model and acts with class.

Don't let these insubstantial remarks about Curt influence you about his character. Most of the posters who made negative comments toward Curt were previously bitten by the green-eyed monster. And since when are a few comments on a message board considered authoritative?

I'm not saying that i've heard that from just the message board. As I've previously posted I'm dating a recent South grad so I know some people from the South area, and I've just heard some rumblings that he is very high on himself. And now that Barb brings it up that quote in the paper does come off as a little cocky.... but more then likely its just a case of a leader challenging his troops which I don't personally have a problem with.

Barb I have a lot to say to your comments about Red Bank, Greeneville and South being able to beat Maryville but I have hijacked this thread enough we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow night.

Two things. Only one happens on the field. When verbally intimidated during a game he always returns the threat with an equal and quantifying action followed by a "now there's your (threat)". So yeah, it's like...let me shove that threat down your throat...but never does he initiate the threat. And then his statement to the press after the Greenville game this year.

In his starting career to date, never has this been an issue before and opponents (at least on CoachT) do not complain that he is anything but a diplomat. Therefore, I must attribute this "new" phenomonon to his statement to the press which was, "We will not lose another regular season game". The only time he has had substantial issues with attempted purposeful injury was this year against MoWest in the second round. But in all honesty, he was not the one targeted with the most after whistle abuse. Fletcher was the one who endured a "Marcus Vick type" cleat to the knee that produced an injury that lasted (luckily) only 4 days. In that game their were 4...(count 'em) 4 unsportsmanlike conduct calls with 2 directed toward Curt, one toward Fletcher and the other toward the official. And yes, I think it was the same player each time. In the past 3 years this has never before been an issue. So the fact that it just now got print makes me think it is purely someone just trying to start stink.

I firmly believe, however, that the Maryville-Red Bank winner will be representing East Tennessee in the state championship. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I do not think that there is anyone that has actually seen Maryville play in person will pick them to lose. It eventually has to happen, but I do not think it will be from anyone east of Morristown. Unless of course if Daniel Boone ever makes it to the semi-finals.

I do not think that there is anyone that has actually seen Maryville play in person will pick them to lose. It eventually has to happen, but I do not think it will be from anyone east of Morristown. Unless of course if Daniel Boone ever makes it to the semi-finals.

Mikey...you living in Nashville now? Or you back to NET?

Panthers08

It's now official; you stand alone atop the all-time leader board of CoachT. No person with so little personal observation of a 17 yr old h.s. player has made more numerous critical posts.

Dr. Phil might conclude that you get perverted gratification and attention by publicly and anonymously criticizing a minor by name and then repeating it ad nauseum. This could be secondary to either:

1. A need to prop up your very low self esteem, possibly due to multiple beatings as a child, impotence or sexual ambiguity

2. Undiagnosed or under treated mania of a manic-depressive. Supporting this conclusion are symptoms such as: obsessive behavior including spending an unhealthy amount of time on-line repeating the same inappropriate comments to the point that others get annoyed and attempt to have you go elsewhere, and grandiose delusions (absurd delusions of a one's personal abilities and importance) such as watching one game from a distance and considering your opinion to evaluate ability above established professionals with more time spent doing side by side comparisons, i.e. Tom Lemming, Rivals, ESPN and college coaches. See below for support.

Dr. Phil's recommendations might include taking pause for introspection. If you are healthy enough to recognize and address your problems by communicating only when your opinion is worthy of another person's time, good luck in what is sure to be a struggle on a difficult road to recovery. Your parents should have taught you of the potential damage done by unwise and critical words and to first ask yourself if what you are about to say or do is constructive or destructive. You ultimately reap what you sow. If you are too far gone, as it appears, then you will likely utilize your overactive defense mechanism of denial and claim innocence and freedom of speech, oblivious to the ill effects of your actions. Make the world a better place and spare us of your mental midgetry by seeking psychological evaluation and possible initiation of shock therapy.

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/082807adq.html

http://footballrecruiting.Unapproved Website/viewp...sp?pr_key=56102

Rivals top rated in order as of 11/15/07:

Dual-threat quarterback Stars RR Ht/Wt/40 Hometown Rank Schools

1. Terrelle Pryor 6.1 6-6/235/4.4 Jeannette, PA 1 list

2. MarQueis Gray 5.8 6-4/204/4.66 Indianapolis, IN 2 list

3. Robert Griffin 5.8 6-3/195/- Copperas Cove, TX 3 Houston

4. Matt Scott 5.8 6-3/205/4.5 Corona, CA 4 Arizona

5. B.J. Daniels 5.8 6-1/203/4.55 Tallahassee, FL 5 list

6. Kody Spano 5.7 6-2/202/4.7 Stephenville, TX 6 Oklahoma State

7. Curt Phillips 5.7 6-3/212/4.6 Kingsport, TN 7 Wisconsin

8. Jaybo Shaw 5.7 6-0/176/4.45 Flowery Branch, GA 8 Middle Tenn St.

9. Tommy Dorman 5.6 6-3/204/4.63 North Richland Hills, TX 9 Texas A&M

10.Kale Pick 5.6 6-1/198/4.5 Dodge City, KS 10 Kansas

11.Aramis Hillary 5.6 6-2/205/4.68 Johnston, SC 11 South Carolina

12.Orhian Johnson 5.6 6-2/178/4.51 Gulfport, FL 12 list

13.Kyle Parker 5.6 6-0/188/4.6 Jacksonville, FL 13 Clemson

14.Deron Furr 5.6 6-3/212/4.52 Columbus, GA 14 Auburn

15.Sancho McDonald 5.6 6-2/187/4.6 Miami, FL 15 list

16.Darius Banks 5.6 6-2/183/4.65 Culver City, CA 16 list

17.Jim Youngblood 5.6 6-2/217/4.69 Camden, AR 17 Arkansas

18.Dominick Britt 5.5 6-4/175/4.65 Trotwood, OH 18 Cincinnati

19.Jerome Tiller 5.5 6-3/184/4.47 San Antonio, TX 19 Iowa State

20.Ted Stachitas 5.5 6-0/180/- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 20 Wake Forest

21.Randall Mackey 5.5 5-11/200/4.6 Bastrop, LA 21 list

22.Barrett Trotter 5.5 6-2/193/4.81 Birmingham, AL 22 Auburn

23.Tommy Reamon Jr. 5.5 6-2/195/4.65 Newport News, VA 23 list

24.Nick Florence 5.5 6-2/167/4.6 Garland, TX 24 Baylor

25.Luther Leonard 5.5 6-2/190/4.7 Burien, WA 25 Washington

ESPN Ranking of All QBs, Pro-Style and Dual Threat Current Nov 07

NAME POS HT WT HOMETOWN RANK GRADE STATUS NCAA SCHOOL

E.J. Manuel QB 6-4 201 Virginia Beach, VA QB #1 87 Verbal Florida State

Dayne Crist QB 6-5 228 Canoga Park, CA QB #2 83 Verbal Notre Dame

Landry Jones QB 6-4 224 Artesia, NM QB #3 83 Verbal Oklahoma

Nick Crissman QB 6-3 193 Huntington Beach, CA QB #4 82 Verbal UCLA

Mike Glennon QB 6-6 195 Centreville, VA QB #5 82 Verbal N.C. State

Blaine Gabbert QB 6-4 226 Ballwin, MO QB #6 82 Verbal Missouri

Andrew Luck QB 6-3 205 Houston, TX QB #7 82 Verbal Stanford

Taylor Cook QB 6-6 210 Eagle Lake, TX QB #8 82 Verbal Miami (FL)

Kyle Parker QB 6-0 188 Jacksonville, FL QB #9 81 Verbal Clemson

Braden Hanson QB 6-5 193 Charlotte, NC QB #10 81 Verbal North Carolina

Kelly Page QB 6-3 202 Sunnyvale, TX QB #11 80 Verbal Oregon

MarQueis Gray QB 6-4 204 Indianapolis, IN QB #12 80 Undeclared View Schools

Tyler Wilson QB 6-3 182 Greenwood, AR QB #12 80 Verbal Tulsa

Tino Sunseri QB 6-2 190 Pittsburgh, PA QB #14 80 Verbal Louisville

John Wienke QB 6-4 196 Tuscola, IL QB #14 80 Verbal Michigan

Mark Tolzien QB 6-1 176 Rolling Meadows, IL QB #16 80 Undeclared View Schools

D.C. Jefferson QB 6-6 230 Winter Haven, FL QB #17 79 Verbal LSU

Curt Phillips QB 6-3 212 Kingsport, TN QB #18 79 Verbal Wisconsin

Nick Florence QB 6-2 167 Garland, TX QB #19 79 Verbal Baylor

Darius Banks QB 6-2 183 Culver City, CA QB #20 79 Undeclared View Schools

Jacory Harris QB 6-4 169 Miami, FL QB #21 79 Verbal Miami (FL)

Ryan Griffin QB 6-4 207 West Hills, CA QB #22 79 Undeclared View Schools

Corey Trisby QB 6-2 184 San Diego, CA QB #23 79 Undeclared View Schools

Riley Dodge QB 5-11 185 Southlake, TX QB #24 78 Verbal North Texas

Matt Scott QB 6-2 185 Corona, CA QB #24 78 Verbal Arizona

I'm not saying that i've heard that from just the message board. As I've previously posted I'm dating a recent South grad so I know some people from the South area, and I've just heard some rumblings that he is very high on himself. And now that Barb brings it up that quote in the paper does come off as a little cocky.... but more then likely its just a case of a leader challenging his troops which I don't personally have a problem with.

Barb I have a lot to say to your comments about Red Bank, Greeneville and South being able to beat Maryville but I have hijacked this thread enough we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow night.

Regardless of whether you heard or read it, that doesn't make those beliefs authentic. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the kid has confidence in himself since assurance is a valuable trait when you face challenges in life and is almost imperative for success; and he has good reasons to be confident, but Dobyns-Bennett, Mo East, and Greeneville have humbled the Rebels over the years. They know they have to play their best game from here on out.

He did say they wouldn't lose another game. Some Rebel fans have indicated that he was only talking about the regular season. I'm not sure if he was refferring only to the regular season or to the post-season playoffs. In that same article he also placed the blame on himself for the interceptions by saying the passes were under thrown.

How do you think the Rebels will fare against Maryville or the Lions if they meet in the Semifinals? I think that South or Greeneville will have a lot of trouble if they meet up with either team. Teams in that area are a step above teams in NET.

Maryville will probably be in 5A by the time Boone makes it to the Semi's. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />