Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt might be in trouble in this one. I think those players are still having nightmares of that murdering they took last season from the G-Men. South Pitt has a pretty good offense, but the defense is pure MANURE. The defensive front looks soft and those linebackers act like they don't read many keys. As for the secondary, I am not sure they could cover Grandma Moses 2000 years after her death. I think they more than likely have the same mentality as alot of pee wee teams. They just run around and try to find the ball. I wish them the best of luck but I don't look for a victory. I am betting on that black kid from Gordonsville to make them look stupid again. Make no mistake Gordonsville WILL be ready to play so you better be ready to answer the bell or you will be dribbling that round ball. I don't guess that would be a bad thing though because that game is not near as physical as what you will be up against in 26 hours and 15 minutes.

South Pitt might be in trouble in this one. I think those players are still having nightmares of that murdering they took last season from the G-Men. South Pitt has a pretty good offense, but the defense is pure MANURE. The defensive front looks soft and those linebackers act like they don't read many keys. As for the secondary, I am not sure they could cover Grandma Moses 2000 years after her death. I think they more than likely have the same mentality as alot of pee wee teams. They just run around and try to find the ball. I wish them the best of luck but I don't look for a victory. I am betting on that black kid from Gordonsville to make them look stupid again. Make no mistake Gordonsville WILL be ready to play so you better be ready to answer the bell or you will be dribbling that round ball. I don't guess that would be a bad thing though because that game is not near as physical as what you will be up against in 26 hours and 15 minutes.

Old Pirate says you better check your medication there manure man. You are sounding a little confused. The Pirates "should" remember last years game. So don't bet the house the Pirates will not be ready to step up.

Old Pirate says you better check your medication there manure man. You are sounding a little confused. The Pirates "should" remember last years game. So don't bet the house the Pirates will not be ready to step up.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Game capsule from the Chattanooga TFP....anybody else catch the mistakes???

Gordonsville Wildcats (10-2) at South Pittsburg Pirates (12-0)

Friday, 8 EST

Playoff history: South Pittsburg has been to the quarterfinals twice this century, beating Gordonsville 21-6 in 2001 and losing to Boyd-Buchanan 21-7 in 2003. The Pirates have a postseason record of 47-21. Gordonsville has a 29-21 playoff record. They and the Wildcats have played eight playoff games with each team winning four times. However, Gordonsville has won the last two, 41-7 last year and 27-12 in 2004.

Last week: Gordonsville defeated Lookout Valley 38-13; South Pittsburg defeated Friendship Christian 49-7.

Common opponents: Gordonsville defeated Silverdale Baptist 35-19 and Friendship Christian 16-14 and lost to Trousdale County 21-6. South Pitt defeated Trousdale County 32-16, Lookout Valley 41-6 and Silverdale Baptist 52-7.

Noteworthy: South Pittsburg has an array of offensive showpieces including running back Robert Robinson, who had a 99-yard score in last week's win over Friendship Christian, and runner/receiver Rashawn Weatherspoon, who pulled in three scoring passes from Cody Robinson in the Friendship victory. . . . Gordonsville's primary threats are running back Jordan Davis and quarterback Justin Smith, who scored two TDs and passed for another in last week's win over South Pittsburg. . . . Gordonsville has advanced to the title game only once, losing to Evangelical Christian in 1983. South Pitt has a 2-3 record in the championship game, beating Moore County 42-13 in its last appearance in 1999.

Up next: The winner will host the Hampton-Midway winner.