MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

I think vols98 has fully demonstrated in a previous post that he is a bit chronologically challenged! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

(KWoodruff, chronologically means having to do with time.) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I was going to HS football games before playoffs existed...by the standards of most of the folks on this board, I practically invented time.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, Jess, and Jeremy Martin are some of the most competitive people I know and they do everything they can to win...It can sometimes get the best of them but it usually pays off. Jeremy Martin is going to be a college player. Jess has had some monster hits this season. They're good players and have been playing really well as of late.

It doesnt shock me at all about any 'late hits' in this game with the emotions that the players play with in these games. These two schools hate eachother and it shows in nearly every sport. I remember in the basketball game last year at MBA there were some hard fouls and a few borderline cheap shots.

This game Saturday is going to be hype. There are going to be hard hits and there is going to be trash talk, but its not so much the arrogance or cockiness, its just the intense rivalry and dislike for eachother.

And I'm excited to see it.

Does anybody know more about this kid Jeremy Martin#15 for Brentwood Academy? I mean how good is he? College player? What level?

I saw it. "...a long time" was probably 2-3 seconds, but it was bush league IMO. Had he done that where the coaches could see him, he would have been yanked so fast he would have gotten whiplash. Very "un-BAlike". And "un-MBAlike" as well, I'll throw in for good measure.

Ryanlike? You be the judge!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

He got caught up in the moment. It hasn't happened before and

the coaches dealt with it later. There won't be a repeat performance.

After Michael Kelly picked off the ball from Trent Wallace I think I heard 'wreck your car!' from Wallace. I dont know though.

Cold weather affecting the kicking game can only help BA since MBA has, by far, the better kicker. Obvious.

Jesus is it hard to say anything sensible when people like Yamrocks spam the board with continuous inane drivel. I honestly hope Yamrocks is a BA player because he's gonna get knocked flat like the rest of the BA defense. Look for Vinsang, Waddey, and Bartholomew to once again pick apart the BA D-line. It'll be a close game...for the first three quarters, but it seems a lot of people are doubting MBA's previous win over BA. Chris Jordan or not, their tailback still rushed for about as much as Jordan has been averaging on the year. Offensively for the Big Red, Andrew Harris and Spencer Wise have rejuvenated the passing game, not to mention MBA's stellar O-line featuring Preston Bailey and Wesley Johnson. Get ready for a Big Red Smackdown at MTSU this Saturday. Final Prediction:

MBA- 27

BA-13 (assuming BA has a kicking game)

I also think this will be a close game and hard fought battle, but my gut says BA will pull it out. Last time it was a 13-7 game and BA was missing the best player in the state--and it's not like the guy is an o-lineman or plays some other position with minimal impact--Chris Jordan will get the ball 20+ times.

Should be an awesome game!

Jesus is it hard to say anything sensible when people like Yamrocks spam the board with continuous inane drivel. I honestly hope Yamrocks is a BA player because he's gonna get knocked flat like the rest of the BA defense. Look for Vinsang, Waddey, and Bartholomew to once again pick apart the BA D-line. It'll be a close game...for the first three quarters, but it seems a lot of people are doubting MBA's previous win over BA. Chris Jordan or not, their tailback still rushed for about as much as Jordan has been averaging on the year. Offensively for the Big Red, Andrew Harris and Spencer Wise have rejuvenated the passing game, not to mention MBA's stellar O-line featuring Preston Bailey and Wesley Johnson. Get ready for a Big Red Smackdown at MTSU this Saturday. Final Prediction:

MBA- 27

BA-13 (assuming BA has a kicking game)

1. his comment was not "inane".

2. the BA D-line was never "picked apart". Every MBA scoring drive began inside the 50.

3. whether or not Tate ran for as many yards as Jordan does is irrelevant. Jordan's presence opens op the passing game, and he can be counted on to convert on short-yardage downs.

4. the chances of BA allowing 27 points are ridiculously small. that would be more than they have allowed in any game this season, and MBA's offense is far from the most potent on the Eagles' schedule.

Good One.

1. his comment was not "inane".

2. the BA D-line was never "picked apart". Every MBA scoring drive began inside the 50.

3. whether or not Tate ran for as many yards as Jordan does is irrelevant. Jordan's presence opens op the passing game, and he can be counted on to convert on short-yardage downs.

4. the chances of BA allowing 27 points are ridiculously small. that would be more than they have allowed in any game this season, and MBA's offense is far from the most potent on the Eagles' schedule.

Good One.

1. That's your opinion and regardless if you look at pages 5-13, he's infected those pages with his crap.

2. Still, that's fifty plus yards that they gave up each drive, the majority of which we're run plays.

3. It is relevant. If tate has the ability to rush for as many yards as Jordan, then his presence should be easily as effective. Jordan's presence doesn't change the entirety of the game.

4. No they actually aren't small. The passing game for MBA is rejuvinated and as strong as ever. I guarantee you Vinsang, Waddey, and Bartholomew will have 200+ combined rushing yards on the "impenetrable" d-line.

Thanks.

BA's defense gave up 13 points against MBA--and that was with MBA consistantly getting very good field position. BA's defense will have another good outing.

Jordan will be the difference maker. Every time he touches the ball he's a real threat to break one. BA's passing game has progressed throughout the season and is good enough to burn you if you focus too much on the run. They have a very balanced offense that will put up more points the second time around.

The gentleman who said that Tate's perfromance is about equal to Jordan's (statistically) therefore it shouldn't make much of a difference is way off. The difference btw Jordan & Tate running for 90 yards and a TD is that Jordan commands an extra man in the box, more attention, etc...all of which inevitably open up the passing game. Not to mention you simply can't compare Tate & Jordan. BA's offense has been much more effective going back to a lot of I-formation and not so much spread. The development of their offense along with CJ's presence make for a very different team this time around.