MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

Nevertheless, hats off to the Big Red, and particularly to Coach McGugin and the seniors. Coach McGugin wasn't given much of a chance going into this season - and sadly, by some so-called MBA "supporters" who occasionally post on this site - yet all he did was lead this squad to the most wins in school history and another title in the state's toughest league. The seniors were phenomenal, too, in terms of leadership; having stalked the sidelines a few times this year, I saw a fire and spirit in the players that had been missing the past few years.

RRR

It's funny how those posters never materialzed all season long, as MBA kept winning and winning games. I guess Coach M's success didn't fit well with the agenda, so best just either to not post at all....or to lecture everyone on "class"....must be hard for those "fans" of ours.

Here's a "breaking" story for you all....you heard it here first....MBA wins state with a perfect season. 13-0. That's it...I'm "breaking" the story on MBA's title season...and that's "the cold hard truth" ....

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA was the best team and deserved to win.

Who picks the officiating crew for the championship game?

The officiating at BA games this year has been fine. However,

this crew was terrible. I'm not sure that I've ever heard

encroachment called on the offense at any level of football.

For it to be called four or five times stretches the limits of

believability.

I don't want to sound paranoid but it's as if someone went

out of their way to put a crew on the field knowing they would

be horrible.

MBA was the best team and deserved to win.Who picks the officiating crew for the championship game?The officiating at BA games this year has been fine. However,this crew was terrible. I'm not sure that I've ever heard encroachment called on the offense at any level of football.For it to be called four or five times stretches the limits ofbelievability. I don't want to sound paranoid but it's as if someone wentout of their way to put a crew on the field knowing they wouldbe horrible.

Not sure if refs are investigated like they do in the NCAA after calling a horrible game, but these guys should never be allowed to ref a game with the importance of a state championship. I have seen better refs in Jr pro games......

Per the game program, MBA had seven seniors starting on offense and nine on defense.

How many players for MBA went both ways?

I just wanted to give a big shout out to Hadouken, not only did he have the audacity to predict a given BA win, but he was able to come back and say that he never really wanted BA to win. Come on Bro, there's a reason you didn't play football, don't play football, and will probably never play football. When a team shuts out another team, prevents an all SEC recruit from getting much steam and manages to stuff the passing game, that's clearly not indicative of state champion worthy right there is it? I mean Father Ryan clearly deserved playing in the championship despite being punished twice by MBA and by BA. Get off the bandwagon, not even the BA fans want you and I'm sure you embarass Father Ryan by making nit wit predictions that a four year old could determine more accurately. This game was for all the doubters and haters like you Hadouken. Remember the Big Red...

Perfect Season (13-0)

12-0 Victory over Brentwood Academy for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

ROLL RED ROLL

Congratulations to the Big Red. You played with a passion and intensity that had been lacking from the MBA teams of the last couple of years. I credit Daniel and the rest of the staff for having this team prepared each week. I may have questioned the cicumstances under which Daniel was hired, but I always supported him and this football team. It was refreshing to see a team play with so much intensity and heart and that can only be a reflection of their coaches. Bravo to the Big Red staff and players. State Champs 2007.

P.S.- I'd sure like to see Maryville try to beat this team.

Roll Red!

I am not a fan of either team....a college student from Baylor now. But I was fortunate...or maybe not fortunate attend both games against Baylor. I remember after the MBA game I thought that we will would never face another team better than them this year.....and I was right. Althought the score was similar in the BA game...and I mean no disrespect to BA....the better team in my mind was still MBA. Both teams should be very proud....but in that September meeting between Baylor and MBA their was never a doubt in my mind that MBA would win the state championship this year. Congratulations to MBA and a stellar year....you no doubt deserve it!

Congratulations to the Big Red. You played with a passion and intensity that had been lacking from the MBA teams of the last couple of years. I credit Daniel and the rest of the staff for having this team prepared each week. I may have questioned the cicumstances under which Daniel was hired, but I always supported him and this football team. It was refreshing to see a team play with so much intensity and heart and that can only be a reflection of their coaches. Bravo to the Big Red staff and players. State Champs 2007.

Roll Red!

Maryville could not beat MBA. Go to the state championship in a couple of weeks to see them play and draw your own conclusions..... You will be amazed.....210 lb avg line...They are, however, very well coached and have confidence in themselves. Side note......BA beat Smyrna AND had their way with ease against Independence...MBA beat them as well. Both teams are one game from the 5A state championship...goes to show that both these teams believe that scheduling tough games helps you get to the big dance....even if you don't win the tough games.

Roll Red!

You guys crack me up , Brandon100 acts like a complete , classless jerk in trying to take on the whole Maryville community and football team , yet you act surprised when someone from Maryville fires back .

Congrats to MBA ... and too bad we'll never know how a Maryville / MBA matchup would go , I'll not be so brash to say Maryville would win , but I'd bet a large sum that Maryville would at least find a way to score .

Roll Red!

No need to go there BRD. Maryville has a fine 4A program. I have tons of respect for George and what he has built there.

We all know that Maryville has been the dominant 4A program for several years; there has been much speculation as to how Maryville would compete against MBA or BA. In a single game match up against either BA or MBA, it would probably be a close game.

The difference in what makes MBA and BA better over all programs is the schedule they play. Not only do MBA and BA play a much tougher conference schedule than Maryville does in 4A East TN; their out of conference games are against the best that 4A and 5A have to offer. As BA found out when it moved up from 2A and ultimately into D-II, playing quality opponents every week takes its effect on a team. Your starters are playing much deeper into the game each week, and you lose more of those starters to injury throughout the season resulting in much greater challenges as the playoffs arrive.

Maryville has a fantastic program, but it does not compete at the highest level in the State; therefore, it will continue to dominate 4A ball and know that as good as they are, they still do not compete against the best the state has to offer.