AE @ Fulton

Digger20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Road2Pee

I am not sure you have a clue the cost of Goal Posts pads. If someone digs their cleats into the material the pads are made of tends rip or tear. No it is probably not as disrespectful as stomping on a painted emblem in the middle of the field or spitting on it, but it is still classless, and disrespectful knowing that you are or could be damaging some teams equipment. I don't really find it any where near the disrepectful appearance that spitting on or stomping on the home fields emblem, but still should not be done out of respect for what equipment cost these days.

As for your as usual negative comments, I guess tearing something up that someone else paid for is not any big deal coming from a kid that has nothing more than a high school education, sitting at home on a computer that someone else bought for him. I guess being a full time student counts for your job, but you know as long as some body else is fitting the bill who cares.

Road2Pee

I am not sure you have a clue the cost of Goal Posts pads. If someone digs their cleats into the material the pads are made of tends rip or tear. No it is probably not as disrespectful as stomping on a painted emblem in the middle of the field or spitting on it, but it is still classless, and disrespectful knowing that you are or could be damaging some teams equipment. I don't really find it any where near the disrepectful appearance that spitting on or stomping on the home fields emblem, but still should not be done out of respect for what equipment cost these days.

As for your as usual negative comments, I guess tearing something up that someone else paid for is not any big deal coming from a kid that has nothing more than a high school education, sitting at home on a computer that someone else bought for him. I guess being a full time student counts for your job, but you know as long as some body else is fitting the bill who cares.

i keep hearing bout how classless AE but no 1 has mentioned that fulton players spat and stomped on AE's Banner the thing that they run through and they was told that before they came out . that could be a reason for stomping on the falcon .

All AE did was celebrate against catholic but because it was catholic they wasnt supposed to do it huh? Get over it Think Back to last year Fulton did the same thing when they won against catholic GET OFF AE's JOCK

i keep hearing bout how classless AE but no 1 has mentioned that fulton players spat and stomped on AE's Banner the thing that they run through and they was told that before they came out . that could be a reason for stomping on the falcon .

All AE did was celebrate against catholic but because it was catholic they wasnt supposed to do it huh? Get over it Think Back to last year Fulton did the same thing when they won against catholic GET OFF AE's JOCK

So eloquently spoken... but pardon me Sir, I do not wish to stand on your Jock, however you do seem to be making up rumors in regards to Fulton stomping and .... as you say, "spatting" on your banner. I strongly disagree that this would be the reason for AE's disgruntle attitude towards our 50 yardline logo. Bless your little heart .... for getting so temperamental.

kfl25,

Don't go and start making excuses for AEs bad behavior! We don't do all that silly classless ridiculousness. Ya see we don't have to do a bunch of trash talkin, stompin, and disrespect. We only focus on makin the plays in the game! Maybe if you would save your energy and focus for the game instead of trying to show off before the game (which just made you look stupid), you would make it a little longer in playoffs! There are no acceptable excuses for AEs bad behavior! Your actions are why people form opinions about you. Bottom line...You might want to rethink your "pregame show" and actually bring something to the game! I'm finished talkin about this. You go on now and worry about bball season...We will continue with OUR football season! GO FALCONS!

Don't go and start making excuses for AEs bad behavior! We don't do all that silly classless ridiculousness. Ya see we don't have to do a bunch of trash talkin, stompin, and disrespect. We only focus on makin the plays in the game! Maybe if you would save your energy and focus for the game instead of trying to show off before the game (which just made you look stupid), you would make it a little longer in playoffs! There are no acceptable excuses for AEs bad behavior! Your actions are why people form opinions about you. Bottom line...You might want to rethink your "pregame show" and actually bring something to the game! I'm finished talkin about this. You go on now and worry about bball season...We will continue with OUR football season! GO FALCONS!

I guess seeing through your rose colored glasses, you must have missed Fulton leaving the sidelines to meet AE at the Falcon before the game. I'm sure you will defend that by saying they were just defending their field.

Bottom line is Fulton won, but purely as a spector, a supporter of neither, I think, in your words Fulton seemed to act pretty silly classless ridiculous with their response. The right response would have been to stay on the sideline and let their play do their talking. Eventually they did.

Man, what are you talking about? Yeah, we climbed the goalposts, before EVERY game, including home games. It was a way for the team to get "hype" before heading into the locker room. We did it on our own goalposts, and sure, if we were on the road, then we did it on whatever endzone we were warming up on. It wasn't disrespectful in any stretch of the imagination. We never stomped on another schools logo at midfield, EVER. That is disrespectful, not doing something in our endzone, as a team, to get ready. I'm not the only one questioning AE's tactics on here, so don't single me out. AE acted like they had never been to that stage before as a team and truly embarassed themselves. Anybody at that game knows this fact. As far as my personal life, that's none of your business and I do live in Fulton's school zone. Ignorant people like yourself in the reason why I stopped posting on this board as much as I used to.

If you have not move you live one mile from Carter High School that is not in fulton's zone. Pre game should be to warm-up not to put on a show the goal post stuff and middle of the field stuff should not happen. This should be stop at all schools. TSSAA should fine any team or school that does this maybe $500 would stop this. This and all of the trash talking and pre-game talking when visiting teams get to the other school (fulton does this as teams are getting off the bus I have seen this first hand while I was talking to one of their (fulton's) coaches who I have been friends with for a long, long time and I was shock he did not stop it) his comment was they are trying to get into the other team head. All of this need to stop. Trash talking on the field they should be out of the game and miss the next game this will stop this. While we are on this I also feel that if you go to a school out of your zone you should not be allow to play in any sport but if TSSAA or Knox-County did this you would not have played at fulton would you CK

Me and my boys from Oak Ridge was at both games. Matter of fact I attended the last 5 AE games. After they lost to Fulton they went out and shook the kids from Fulton hands. I watch Coach Graham and he always is the first out to meet the other coach in all 5 games. When Ae has lost they kids shook hands cried and walked off. I didn't hear a problem at Kingston or Seymour. I wasn't at the first Catholic game at AE but I heard that after the game Catholic student body ran to the middle of the field took their flag and planted in the middle of the field. I heard this from a number of people. Being from Oak ridge I work with parents who kids play for Catholic they agreed. No one said anything about it. AE players did not respond to it they shook hands and jogged off the field. When Ae lost Fulton they shook hands and jogged off the field. At the Catholic game after the game a bunch of people stormed the field. It was a great game. Once again I seen graham head to the middle of the field. When you watch AE players "most" of them continued to the walk out and shake hands. Fans and students were doing most of the jumping and a lot of the students were from Webb. Catholic players to offense to it. I can remember when AE played Fulton Graham's first year and he had his team go straight to the locker room after the game. Him and his coaches shook the hands of Fulton coaches and their players. He took a lot of flack for that. Now the Truth" That weekend before at a party on Cumberland Ave. Fulton players jumped one of AE players at the club. there was an AE student who had a gun pulled on him the next night by a Fulton player. And finally, Tyrone Cobb (who is good friends with some of AE players and coach Graham) brought a letter to Austin eAst telling them how he was going to tear them up. It was a honest joke that the administration at Austin East took serious. They spoke to Graham and with him being a first year coach they did not want something negative to pop off. So he decided that he will first send his players off to the locker room and then allow them to comeback out to shake the hands of their frineds. That night a lot of players from Fulton was at AE football party and they all got along great. Now back to AE and Fulton, a lot of things have been said about coming out on the field. 2 things I noticed. 1st most of AE players went toward the sideline after running through. Second 3 Ae players started waving hands to the stands thats when Fulton team came out and personally I think Fulton players have a right to defend their home turf. I seen coaches from AE that were already on the sideline keep the players on the sideline that was there. The players that went back to the middle I seen the white coach and graham and some of the other players pushing kids back to their sideline. I think those things happen when two rivals play in games that big. As a fan it got me ready for the fireworks. Fulton had it going and I think that should be important. So many times on this board yousee a lot of negative about Austin East. (no coaching, lack of discipline, etc. etc.) Have you ever wondered why so many of their kids go off to college from the football team. I have a cousin that plays for Oak Ridge and one that plays for Harriman. I asked college recruiters about AE. He said that their kids have everything in order. That they do a great job of getting kids qualified for school. After reading some of this I decided to talk to the AD at AE. He said that AE football players GPA was the 3rd highest among all organizations at the school. This includes chess clubs, orchrestra, band, other sports and etc etc. I notice that not a lot of AE people get on these sites. Since perception is everything and perception is weighed by the masses AE football is perceived in a negative light. I also spoke with college coaches about some other schools in the area. They tell me good players none of them have grades. But before you judge look at it yourself. Good luck to all the east tennessee team. I have to pull for Fulton ( also Fulton is the one good program we beat this year) being from east tennessee but I am glad PC will get a chance. I am pretty sure they hear the negativity about lack of coaching and being undiscipline also.