Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

Henry County will NOT be challenged Friday night. Melrose kids do not play hard enough to even be in the game!!! HC will have a running clock!!! The entire other region was terrible this year. Fairley saw what happened when HC decided they wanted the game over. Just like that they are down 3 td's. The orange mound was more like a pink mound this year. Maybe in 3-4 years Melrose can get passed HC. Not anytime soon!

I am an HC fan, and I will tell you your crazy. No offense, but you obviously haven't ever seen Melrose play. That school is like a never ending breeding ground for football talent. They will come ready to play Friday, and we BETTER be ready for a game or they will be the ones running the clock.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, to me it doesn't matter if they do play or don't play. I think melrose is not going to stop HC offense, I being keeping up with HC football for a long time now and this is the best OFFENSE I seen. How is melrose O going to put points on the board.

You can't even see the offense from where you stand! How would you know?

Henry County will NOT be challenged Friday night. Melrose kids do not play hard enough to even be in the game!!! HC will have a running clock!!! The entire other region was terrible this year. Fairley saw what happened when HC decided they wanted the game over. Just like that they are down 3 td's. The orange mound was more like a pink mound this year. Maybe in 3-4 years Melrose can get passed HC. Not anytime soon!

Go back to your junk yard and play with something rusty, because you are an idiot! Don't make me bring out some Cowherd on you! Its people like you who haven't a clue about football, or you are Stevie Wonder. Either one will work judging from your post. This is the quarter finals. Cake Walks are over people, get your game face on!

I believe your post to be closer to ridiculous than accurate. Melrose, with their superior talent alone, can play with ANYONE. They obviously have good coaching or they would have allowed more than 50 points, and they would not have won their region. Their coaching might not suit the "Orange Mound" faithful, but they know what they are doing. Your post does nothing but make you look ridiculous and fire up Melrose even more.

Red Warrior,

From a coaching perspective, if you were Gaddis what would be your focus on handling the Melrose defense. And by the same token, what would you do to exploit their offense. Just wanting a little "inside the coaches mind" thinking.

While I haven't seen Melrose play, I know they are very athletic and loaded with a lot of speed. I would run right at them, like you did last year. Their secondary, while good, does not appear to be among their best ever (they have had amazing defensive backs through the years). I would certainly figure out a way to apply more pressure to the QB, than you did against Fairley. Without seeing them, it's hard to be more specific than that.

I agree with what you said about opinions. Now discussing the coaching qualifications. If the TSSAA is fine with the Melrose coaching staff, I don't see the problem. He's not the fist person to stand on the sidelines and not have all of the necessary credentials, and he won't be the last. As a matter of fact, he's not the only one on that sideline in that predicament ... so why harp on him? I don't have to be on the inside of the Melrose program to respond to a post on a message board. That has nothing to do with it. Point blank ... you don't agree with how the man runs the offense and therfore you have deemed him to be unknowledgeable about football. I'm sure if coach Alexander felt the same way you did then he would have a different coordinator. PERIOD.

You are right ... you voiced your opinion ... I voiced mine.

If the TSSAA has no problem with the Melrose coaching staff, then there is no problem!

hello, to me it doesn't matter if they do play or don't play. I think melrose is not going to stop HC offense, I being keeping up with HC football for a long time now and this is the best OFFENSE I seen. How is melrose O going to put points on the board.

While I hope that Henry County wins this game, I believe you will find the Melrose defense to be the best Henry County has faced, and the second best defense will not even be close (and this is no matter if the injuries are serious or not).

kwc - is it certain that these two injured players will be out? I know it is just Tuesday, but thought you might have heard something. From what I understand, they have played without them before and done ok.

DrewCephus:

I don't know about both players. This is the first time I've heard about the DE being injured. I do know that Antonio sat out several games late in the season due to a deep bruise located at or near one of his knees. I don't know if he reggarivated that injury or if this is something totally new. The article said that they were both carried off of the field. That's not good. I don't know if they will or will not play. I gathered from the story that the injuries were serious and it is assumed that they would not play.

I know ... "to you" it doesn't matter if they play or not. It matters a great deal to Melrose. When ever you lose a 6'-4", 230 lb MLB who has been a reliable cog in the Melrose 'D' since his freshman year ... you will miss that presence. They have had to play without him before, but trust me ... he will be missed along with the DE. That's a part of playing football though ... one goes down ... the second guy steps up.

Henry County's offense is a force to be reckoned with no doubt ... but I think that the Melrose 'D' is up to the challenge ... even without those two guys. They will be missed ... but they will putter along.

While I hope that Henry County wins this game, I believe you will find the Melrose defense to be the best Henry County has faced, and the second best defense will not even be close (and this is no matter if the injuries are serious or not).

I hope the part about the injuries is accurate ... but I know the MLB will be missed. He's not irreplaceable, but his presence in the 'D' makes it that much more formidable.

He has got to feel like he's snake bitten (Antonio). He played last year in the Henry County game with a pulled hamstring that he injured the game before. I thought the coaches should have told him to sit down somewhere. He tried to pull a Willis Reed and play on one leg ... it didn't work. If this injury is severe ... I hope they learned from last year and sit him down and play the back-up. He's a 'Jack Lambert' type in ability, mentality and ferocity. You don't replace that easily, but playing hurt and not being able to perform hurts your team more then it helps. Sometimes, when you are injured ... for the teams sake ... you have to let the other guy play in your place while you cheer them on from the sideline.

I hope they do play and are up to speed. I don't want any excuses from Melrose after they get the same Memphis beating that we have given the last two teams from down there.

HC 24

Melrose 12

But it won't really be that close.

Bring on the next team : aka Hillsboro

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />