York Dragons vs. DCA Wildcats

asby69

Since you have been so kind as to offer us the weather and even keep us warm during the game, I assume you would be kind enough to offer us a little advice on maybe where to park, maybe a good local restaurant, and even tell us a little about the stadium.. Is there a visitors side, etc.... Your help would be appreciated.

No, there is no visitors side and as far as parking, you will be directed by attendants. I got there around 5:30 so I didn't have to park too far away. I can't help you on where to eat, but I'm sure someone else on here can.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard as much as I can stand about York Institute and Jamestown's supposed "prayer-phobia." It is absolute nonsense, made up to salve the wounds of a few distraught Smith County fans.

Enough is enough!

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but Jamestown actually has an affinity for religious expression, prayer or otherwise. How dare you take it upon yourselves to judge the faith of our community! If you value the Word of God as much as you say you value prayer, maybe you would be interested in this: "Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things." (Romans 2:1) Or how about this one: "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matthew 7:1,2). Just some food for thought...

I just have to say Amen to that.

Looks like it may be a while before they do again then---like game 1 in 2008!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think they will be saying a prayer in the middle of your field at 9:30 pm. They will be thankful for the abilties God has given them and they will thank Him for no one getting hurt. Then they will get up and celebrate their victory over York! And if the pagans have a problem with that...... then so be it!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Termite

Well I don't know about the open zone thing, but I do know that Alcoa has been an established program since

the 60's and as far as them signing half a dozen scholarships a year, I think they have had 6 or 7 D-1 players over a span of 3 years. I don't think York will beat DCA but who really knows that's why they play the game.

Wait a minute,....wouldn't York also be opened zoned? If there are kids from Clarkrange (1A) playing football at York (2A). wouldn't that be the same as open zoned?? How does this figure into the numbers when the TSSAA

determines whether a school is 1A OR 2A OR 3A. In this case, there may not be enough students to matter, but I'm sure there are some other schools (larger) where this happens. Is that opened zoned?

Since you have been so kind as to offer us the weather and even keep us warm during the game, I assume you would be kind enough to offer us a little advice on maybe where to park, maybe a good local restaurant, and even tell us a little about the stadium.. Is there a visitors side, etc.... Your help would be appreciated.

There is very little parking right around the field, but plenty across the road. There are your typical burger joints, but a very good Mexican Rest. in the J-Town shopping center and a buffet style one just past it. Both are on your left as you head toward the high school. No visitors side; we're a fairly small school. Welcome to the mountain! Have a safe trip.

GO DRAGONS!!!!

There is very little parking right around the field, but plenty across the road. There are your typical burger joints, but a very good Mexican Rest. in the J-Town shopping center and a buffet style one just past it. Both are on your left as you head toward the high school. No visitors side; we're a fairly small school. Welcome to the mountain! Have a safe trip.

GO DRAGONS!!!!

Thanks!... See I knew you guys aren't as bad as you have been made out to be by last weeks opponents... I appreciate the information and lets all hope it's an injury free competitive game for our kids...isn't that what this is all about... Our kids....

Looking forward to seeing that mountain... I have heard it's really nice up there!

I usually park across the street from the soccer field and walk a couple hundred yards to the stadium. Soccer field is on the left and stadium is on the right. When you go throught the gate you have to walk to the right along the track to get to the bleachers. Concessions and restrooms are under the bleachers.

There are several eateries in the area:

Dairy Queen (931) 879-9293 328 N Main St

Dino's Pizza (931) 879-1616 409 N Main St

Diana's Contry Cooking (next to Dino's)

Garcias Mexican Restaurant (931) 752-8911 315 N Main St (the other Mexican place is no longer in business)

Hangin Hog (bbq) (931) 879-7272 1005 S Taylor (corner of hwy127 and hwy296)

Hardee's 461 N Main St

Mc Donald's (931) 879-1770 401 N Main St

Peking Buffet Chinese Restaurant (931) 879-0888 405 N Main St

Pizza America (931) 879-6558 103 S Norris St

Pizza Hut (931) 879-8053 312 N Main St

Miss Ellie's Steak House 331 N Main St

Taco Bell (931) 879-2385 606 Allardt Hwy

KFC / Long John Silver's next to Wal-Mart and Walgreens

We sure do like to eat around here.

I think they will be saying a prayer in the middle of your field at 9:30 pm. They will be thankful for the abilties God has given them and they will thank Him for no one getting hurt. Then they will get up and celebrate their victory over York! And if the pagans have a problem with that...... then so be it!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you have lost your mind /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

dragons 12-0 and counting

I guess you could say DCA is on a Crusade friday night. LOL. Just joking!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />