Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

Man I cant wait to walk into Eagle Stadium Friday and watch this game!!! I know the IHS senior lead defense cant wait to put some FHS kids on the ground after hearing about the 41 points all year! I know the FHS D wants to show why they were picked to be best D in state pre-season... This is going to be a hard hitting game

Hmmmm yes everyone agrees....this should be a heckuva game...it all comes down to two great teams..

FRANKLIN TAKES THIS BY 10...

REBELS.......WE DERAIL TRAINS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to be back Spartan Boy...good win over (insert sorry div. II opponent here) today...HA

If you're talking about my Spartans, Penn State is a sorry D2 opponent? You been drinking too much fermented jungle juice? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is RIDICULOUS!

We're six days away from one of the biggest matchups in recent memory and all people are talking about is the size of the Independence QBs HANDS. His HANDS. His FREAKING HANDS.

This is pathetic. You've got a young man that goes out, makes every play he's asked to make, leads his team to the state quarterfinals and some bitter souls want to talk about he isn't the better passer and how he may or may not have small hands? But we aren't sure, nor are we sure if it's even relevant to this discussion because we have trouble understanding that his statistics should speak for themselves.

Why don't we talk about how tough it's going to be for either team to get anything going offensively? Or about the improvement of the Independence offensive and defensive lines? What about players' shoe sizes? Is this one going to come down to the team with the bigger average waist size? Are you KIDDING ME?

I feel like Mike Gundy. This makes me sick.

I agree. It is amazing how when a team is playing so good....people start picking apart the players. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Heckman is a great athlete with a great HEART for the game. I will take that any game over "bigger hands"!!!!!! Shoud be one heck of a game. Does anyone know if it will be on WCTV or whatever the local channel is??

I agree. It is amazing how when a team is playing so good....people start picking apart the players. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Heckman is a great athlete with a great HEART for the game. I will take that any game over "bigger hands"!!!!!! Shoud be one heck of a game. Does anyone know if it will be on WCTV or whatever the local channel is??

The game will be the Game of the Week on WC-TV channel 3 in Williamson Co.

I wish a game like this wasn't being played over Thanksgiving break. There will be a lot of loyal fans having to miss out b/c they will be out of town and that could effect the atmosphere of the game. I see a defensive battle in this one.

Two years ago, Ravenwood hosted Ridgeway on Black Friday.

It didn't affect the atmosphere at all. Same with Franklin's game at home against Germantown in 2003. So I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Two years ago, Ravenwood hosted Ridgeway on Black Friday.

It didn't affect the atmosphere at all. Same with Franklin's game at home against Germantown in 2003. So I wouldn't be too worried about that.

There shouldn't be any problem with attendance, Ravenwood brought in nearly 11,000 people for that game. For the Franklin game, the place was absolutely packed in both bleachers and all around the field. Knowing the community around the Indy area, I see this game being no exception.

I hope Independence realizes that the team that they are about to face isn't on the same playing field as their last opponents: the JV squad from Gallatin and the sub par team that hails from Antioch. But they have come ready to play thus far in the playoffs so there shouldnt be any reason that should change this Friday. I think the Eagles defense will have their work cut out for them with the running game Franklin brings to the table. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I don't know who is going to step uo for the Eagles on offense but not everybody is going to come away smelling like roses with amazing stats, as in previous games. My prediction will come later on in the week...

Yeah, Franklin will easily be Heckman's toughest test so far. In the previous game, Franklin knocked the air out of Indy early with a big run on the first play. With that blow, their offense turned on immediatly and they were able to score on the Indy D. The difference now is that the Indy D is playing a million times better now than they were then, playing just as good as the much talked about Franklin D. Indy offense can out play Franklin's, so a continued dominate defense is the key for the Eagles.