Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

To all REBELS out there!!!

Come out and support your Rebels!! Show your maroon, white, grey, or black. This is going to be a great game and Indy has dominated teams this year. Say what you want they are in Round 3, and they had to do something right to get here, same as the Rebels. Throw your stats out the window because they dont mean squat right now. You can size up the rushing, passing, defensive stats all you want but it does not matter in this game.

Both teams are seasoned and competitive. Predictions are just predictions. People still have to eat their words when its all said n' done.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REBELS and COME ONE REBEL NATION!!!!

Wish both teams a great and safe holiday and wish everyone on both sides a injury safe game with this exciting game coming up!!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your stats for FHS are incomplete. There were none posted for the Centennial game. And with a winning score of 40-8, I am certain that Steele, Lee, Worley, Dykes and Sellers and Nichols all have better numbers than what you have indicated here.

You're right, Sellers had one catch for 11 yards. That definitely makes all the difference in the world.

Come out and support your Rebels!! Show your maroon, white, grey, or black. This is going to be a great game and Indy has dominated teams this year. Say what you want they are in Round 3, and they had to do something right to get here, same as the Rebels. Throw your stats out the window because they dont mean squat right now. You can size up the rushing, passing, defensive stats all you want but it does not matter in this game.

Both teams are seasoned and competitive. Predictions are just predictions. People still have to eat their words when its all said n' done.

Wish both teams a great and safe holiday and wish everyone on both sides a injury safe game with this exciting game coming up!!!

Ditto. Looking forward to this monumental game. It'll be a great day for south WillCo either way. Go Rebs!

The Indy fans think they have the best team ever because it's by far their best year ever.. so yeah, they're gonna dominate the message boards and talk trash because they don't know what else to do.

Most of us Franklin fans have been in this situation numerous times the last decade, and know how to act to a great season.

Indy fans are blowing their team out of proportion... yes, a great season.. but they haven't played anyone the last in the last 3 games? Weak Columbia and Gallatin teams, and an average Antioch team.

Meanwhile, with their backs against the wall, the Rebels went to Dickson & beat 'em easily, shut down "The greatest RB ever" (according to Overton fans) Danielle White, and went into the hostile territory of Hunters Lane and dominated in every aspect of the game against the best defense they've faced all year.

Coach Webb knows what to do in these games.. he's led ferocious defenses to great success for a while.. he'll definitely have his "D" ready for Friday.

Let them have their fun now, but we'll see how much fun they're having @ 10:00 Friday night!

"The Indy fans think they have the best team ever" - Maybe not EVER, but in the region, Yes! Their region champ status will prove that theory!

I take it that Franklin has played a horrendous schedule the last several weeks? The likes of Centennial, Overton, Hunter's Lane (Who apparently was not "all that" this year based on that region's performance!) SCARY!!

As for beating Dickson, ask Dickson who gave them their tails to them with a bow on top this year!

Not sure anyone in any FHS thread has ever doubted Donnie Webb and his ability to coach. I am not sure I can say that for other members of the FHS staff though! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Some of the clueless forum machos in here are hilarious! So nice to know that in the end, all that matters is the game, and what a game it will be! Good Luck to both teams!

"The Indy fans think they have the best team ever" - Maybe not EVER, but in the region, Yes! Their region champ status will prove that theory!

I take it that Franklin has played a horrendous schedule the last several weeks? The likes of Centennial, Overton, Hunter's Lane (Who apparently was not "all that" this year based on that region's performance!) SCARY!!

As for beating Dickson, ask Dickson who gave them their tails to them with a bow on top this year!

Not sure anyone in any FHS thread has ever doubted Donnie Webb and his ability to coach. I am not sure I can say that for other members of the FHS staff though! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Some of the clueless forum machos in here are hilarious! So nice to know that in the end, all that matters is the game, and what a game it will be! Good Luck to both teams!

Hit,

You must be confused about the coaching staffs--I don't believe the Franklin coaching staff has anybody on it that would go for it --fourth and one at your own ten yard line.

Franklin didn't beat Dickson easily. If my memory serves me correctly, DC had the lead at the start of the fourth. Franklin recovered a fluke fumble for a 5 yard TD with about a minute left to make it a 17 point game. Although it was one of DC's worst performances of the year, Independence gave it to DC that night by controlling the game the whole night. The Franklin-DC wasn't decided till about 6 minutes left in the 4th, the Indy game was over way before that. Either way common opponent scores will not be what determines this game, neither will the score of the last game between the two. I say Indy wins this one behind Pettigrew's legs in the second half.

sorry independence fans, but im gonna have to disagree. you guys have a great team this year, but I don't think you'll be able to stand up to franklin.

one topic that no one's really addressed is physicality. independence better be ready cuz they're gonna be getting hit in the mouth, hard, and on both sides of the ball. i know indy may have some players but down the roster franklin is a harder hitting team. if they are able to establish the run like they have lately the defense will do what it's been doing all year and put the game away.

should be a good one. i can't wait to watch some great football on friday, and the atmosphere will be rediculous. even though its thanksgiving break, both teams will be loading the stands. i know franklin will.

Good post. A voice of reason. That is what this thread should be about. Fans from both teams supporting their team. Stats, previous game, QB hand sizes and all the other trash means nothing. These are both really good teams that are playing very well right now. Both have their strengths and weaknesses and all of the mindless chest thumping on this froum means nothing. Root for your team, have fun and hope it is an injury free game.

GO EAGLES